Stereo Mix/what You Hear
Storm Linnebjerg
May 29 2010, 02:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Recently jumped from XP to Win 7 to use all 8 gb of ram that I have, which have helped quite a lot on different things (cubase, VSTs etc). However, my Emu 1212m didn't seem to work, no matter what drivers I tried the input got distorted in a weird way. I went out and got a card that I was told would definately work with Win 7. A Steinberg Ci2, which is actually quite nice, but it seems there is currently no way of enabling "stereo mix" or "what you hear" or what you would call it. I used this option previously with the old card to stream a backing track along with my jamming on Ustream or similar. I've tried a few things, including "show inactive devices" etc.

Does anyone know a way around this? smile.gif

I've been thinking about using the Aux function of the PX4D, which apparently allows you to plug in an Mp3 player and play songs from it on the PX4D. Have any of you guys with this device tried it? I'm not at home, so I can't really check it out...but I can't stop thinking about finding a solution to this whole thing laugh.gif

Hope that made some kind of sense.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 29 2010, 02:59 AM
Instructor
Does that interface comes with it's own software mixer? I ask because with 1212m Patchmix you can send any signal any way you want to any software or hardware output available to the card. There must be something similar in the Steinberg's software too. Checking the manual is a good idea, that's how I learned about Patchmix features.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 29 2010, 03:01 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 29 2010, 03:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I used to use the patchmix, though I didn't write about that here as I didn't want to confuse anymore. There's no software application unfortunately. Not as far as I can see or find. Nothing on the CDs etc or internet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 29 2010, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Not all cards have this feature, I know Toneport UX1 didn't have it, and some other M-Audio cards do not too. It would be best to check out the manual, and see if it is possible. If not, perhaps you can trade that device with someone in the future..
It could be that that a signal send to Pandora could work.. but you have to check out if the signal will be able to return to PC and to your application properly. It should IMHO..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 29 2010, 11:58 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think you should be able to use aux in on your Korg. Those aux inputs are made for that purpuse of jamming along cds and external sources. Then you can connect the output of pandora to sound card in your PC and record/stream on ustream etc...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 29 2010, 01:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, that was what I was thinking, Bogdan. The Korg is plugged into the Ins of the soundcard, and I geuss the PX4D would also send the AUX through its output. Will have to try it when I get home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2010, 07:00 PM
Instructor
At the end of the day, nothing beats the good ol' Pandora smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 30 2010, 07:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 29 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Yeah, that was what I was thinking, Bogdan. The Korg is plugged into the Ins of the soundcard, and I geuss the PX4D would also send the AUX through its output. Will have to try it when I get home.

I suppose it does send everything through its output...Let us know if it works - when you get home and try it out...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 2 2010, 12:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
Pandora with MP3 player works perfectly!

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 2 2010, 09:49 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 29 2010, 03:35 AM) *
Recently jumped from XP to Win 7 to use all 8 gb of ram that I have, which have helped quite a lot on different things (cubase, VSTs etc). However, my Emu 1212m didn't seem to work, no matter what drivers I tried the input got distorted in a weird way. I went out and got a card that I was told would definately work with Win 7. A Steinberg Ci2, which is actually quite nice, but it seems there is currently no way of enabling "stereo mix" or "what you hear" or what you would call it. I used this option previously with the old card to stream a backing track along with my jamming on Ustream or similar. I've tried a few things, including "show inactive devices" etc.

Does anyone know a way around this? smile.gif

I've been thinking about using the Aux function of the PX4D, which apparently allows you to plug in an Mp3 player and play songs from it on the PX4D. Have any of you guys with this device tried it? I'm not at home, so I can't really check it out...but I can't stop thinking about finding a solution to this whole thing laugh.gif

Hope that made some kind of sense.

Some driver versions doesn't include Stereomix/WhatUHear. Try finding older or newer drivers, but first:
Select "Recording devices".
Right click anywhere in the list of devices in that window.
Select "Show inactive devices" or whatever the english text for it is. In most cases this setting is default to hide inactive devices.
Now you should see them if they are included in your driver version.

/edit: Oh sorry didn't notice you tried that already.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Jun 2 2010, 09:52 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 2 2010, 02:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jun 2 2010, 10:49 AM) *
Some driver versions doesn't include Stereomix/WhatUHear. Try finding older or newer drivers, but first:
Select "Recording devices".
Right click anywhere in the list of devices in that window.
Select "Show inactive devices" or whatever the english text for it is. In most cases this setting is default to hide inactive devices.
Now you should see them if they are included in your driver version.

/edit: Oh sorry didn't notice you tried that already.

Heh, no problem. It's not included in any of the drivers for CI2, but plugging my Creative Zen to the PX4D works like a charm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 2 2010, 02:47 PM
Instructor
Glad it worked man.. cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:40 AM