Ltd M-300
megadeth1117
May 30 2010, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
I'm in the market for a good superstrat shaped guitar with 24 frets and a set neck and came across this,
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-M-300F...492-i1503624.gc

Does anyone own one of these or can anyone recommend one similar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 30 2010, 04:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
It helps to know a bit more:
-How much can you spend?
-Do you need a tremolo?
-What styles of music do you want to play with it?

The ltd m-300 is not a bad guitar but there might be better ones for if you give us more info...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
May 30 2010, 04:49 PM
my budget is under $700, tremolo is preferred but not necessary, and style Metal like Megadeth style, lead player

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 30 2010, 04:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
The I would suggest spending 100$ more and get this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-100...222-i1175986.gc

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
May 30 2010, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 30 2010, 10:54 AM) *
The I would suggest spending 100$ more and get this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-100...222-i1175986.gc

that's a great advice zakk, will have to agree with you here, that mh100 looks amazing, and top notch hardware.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2010, 10:54 PM
Instructor
I agree with Zakk and Adrian, for a little saving, you can really get a much nicer guitar with way better hardware and the neck is smaller/thinner for more comfortable playing. I have a feeling the whole guitar is much more better rounded up than the red model. It would be worth a wait and saving extra 99$.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 31 2010, 12:23 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You should go to the store and try the guitar Zakk mentioned to see how it feels in your hands and if you like its sound. Sometimes its best to wait a little and raise a budget but get an overall better instrument.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
May 31 2010, 04:01 AM
thanks for the recommendation, the MH looks great however I prefer the smaller superstrat shapes as opposed to the "fatter" ones like the MH

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 31 2010, 09:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
What are you talking about? The M300 and the MH are the EXACT same shape of guitar! Both guitars have the same body AND the same dimensions!
Esp only has one Superstrat shape and that is the Horizon shape we are looking at right now, wiht ltd guitars it is called the M-shape. Both the M-300 and MH-1000 have the same body size and thickness! The only diffrence is that the m300 has a cheap maple flat-top while the MH-1000 has a curved top!

Your vision might be playing tricks on you but the MH is the same guitar as the M300, just made from higher quality materials (m300-mh1000 >>>the higher the number the better the model)

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Keep_Rocking
May 31 2010, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 30 2010, 12:54 PM) *
<br />The I would suggest spending 100$ more and get this one:<br /><a href="http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-1000-FR-With-EMG-Pickups-758222-i1175986.gc" target="_blank">http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-100...222-i1175986.gc</a><br /><br /><br />

Hi, I have an ESP LTD MH401.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-401...115-i1438689.gc
I'm very satisfied with it and recommend it for sure. The only thing on it I'm not pretty happy is the floyd rose brigde. It seems that it is losing the intonation. Perhaps it's just a matter of some adjustments.

BTW, the MH-1000 seems even better!
Go to the shop and try all of them! Good luck.

+Quote Post
megadeth1117
May 31 2010, 04:03 PM
haha I guess it was my eyes playing tricks, my vision is pretty terrible tongue.gif

thanks though, I will definitely try to find it at GC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:30 AM