Peavey Vypyr 75w
Power_Arctica
May 31 2010, 04:46 PM
GMC:er
Well, im thinking in this amp to replace my Pod XT. These Peavey´s amps simulates Peavey Amps and other classic amps like Marshall, Fender, etc etc Its lioke the spiders of Line 6 or the Vox´s Valvetronix...
Someones plays with these amps??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 31 2010, 06:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Good sound, I like it over the Line 6 modeling amps but it seems the build quality is not the best (it feels cheap when you turn knobs...).
Just go to a store and play some modeling amps by diffrent companies and you'll see which one you like best!

---
Why modeling again? Why not get a REAL amp?^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 31 2010, 06:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you are into modeling amps this one is a great choice and sounds very good! smile.gif
You should go to the store and try it out...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
May 31 2010, 07:27 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 31 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Good sound, I like it over the Line 6 modeling amps but it seems the build quality is not the best (it feels cheap when you turn knobs...).
Just go to a store and play some modeling amps by diffrent companies and you'll see which one you like best!

---
Why modeling again? Why not get a REAL amp?^^

I like it over Line 6 too...it sounds more real.. (in videos, i didnt test it).
A real amp costs too much here... the peavey vypyr 75w costs around 200 dollars in the USA i think.. here costs 626 dollars...
A cheap head like the Valveking 100 costs 900 dollars aprox... so, its very difficult to get good things here...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2010, 09:49 PM
Instructor
This is a very good amp, and 75W is a very nice figure for small to medium venues. Nice modeling amp.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
gotaG
May 31 2010, 10:10 PM
got it last year. it's a killer when you like modelling amps.
tried the line6 spider before, but the vypyr has definitely a better sound (esp. the 6505 sim for metal cool.gif ).

btw Zakk is right - the knobs feel cheap - but they work tongue.gif

you should consider to get the sanperaII-pedal!

two weeks ago i bought the vypyr 120 tube head.. man that rocks, too. and i can also use the sanpera with that one.
.. and the knob-quality is better biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2010, 10:33 PM
Instructor
Didn't know there are Vypyr all tube heads. How do they behave?

--------------------

+Quote Post
gotaG
May 31 2010, 10:46 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 31 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Didn't know there are Vypyr all tube heads. How do they behave?

Finally there are four 6L6 tubes and in the 120 Head you got the 6505 design inside.
It sounds like a normal amp but with modelling feature - and that's the cool thing about it..

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 1 2010, 12:21 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (gotaG @ May 31 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Finally there are four 6L6 tubes and in the 120 Head you got the 6505 design inside.
It sounds like a normal amp but with modelling feature - and that's the cool thing about it..

I also didn't know they made all tube heads. This is great. Vypyr amp concept is really good and Peavey is cool. They used to make awesome bass amps (and they still do)...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 1 2010, 12:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gotaG @ May 31 2010, 11:46 PM) *

Awesome, using preamp modeler and tube power section was always much better option then vice versa! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jun 1 2010, 12:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ May 31 2010, 05:46 PM) *
Someones plays with these amps??

I use regularly the 15W, the 30W and the 75W models on music schools where I teach. They are really amazing, especially to explain to the students the differences between different FXs and amps, using the same combo.
I've also used the 35W (with a SM57 mic) to play a couple of live shows with the Sanpera. The only problem I noticed is a small delay (=silence) while changing patches but I know there's an upgrade from Peavey which fix this.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Jun 1 2010, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Jun 1 2010, 12:45 AM) *
I use regularly the 15W, the 30W and the 75W models on music schools where I teach. They are really amazing, especially to explain to the students the differences between different FXs and amps, using the same combo.
I've also used the 35W (with a SM57 mic) to play a couple of live shows with the Sanpera. The only problem I noticed is a small delay (=silence) while changing patches but I know there's an upgrade from Peavey which fix this.

Hey Jerry, do you have the chance to compare the Vypyr with some Line 6´s Pods? The Peavey seems to be more real than the Pods...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jun 1 2010, 06:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Jun 1 2010, 02:31 AM) *
Hey Jerry, do you have the chance to compare the Vypyr with some Line 6´s Pods? The Peavey seems to be more real than the Pods...

I can't easily compare these devices unfortunately, I never had Line6 Pods. The only thing I can add here is that on the last years I've seen (and heard!) a overall great improvement from different brands on amp modeling. Real amps are still used on big music productions for recordings, at least it seems so biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

+Quote Post
gotaG
Jun 1 2010, 07:40 AM
QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ May 31 2010, 11:45 PM) *

I heard about this problem - and upgrading the firmware of a vypyr amp is tricky. One should consider to install it by an official peavey dealer, because 1. you need a special usb/midi cable and 2. when browsing the peavey forum you read about a few problems when upgrading by yourself...
Fortunately they offer a 5year guarantee for this series wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jun 1 2010, 09:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gotaG @ Jun 1 2010, 08:40 AM) *
I heard about this problem - and upgrading the firmware of a vypyr amp is tricky. One should consider to install it by an official peavey dealer, because 1. you need a special usb/midi cable and 2. when browsing the peavey forum you read about a few problems when upgrading by yourself...
Fortunately they offer a 5year guarantee for this series wink.gif

Yeah, a friend of mine has a music store here which is an official Peavey dealer and he can upgrade easily the firmware.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:34 AM