Signed guitar hero stuff...
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 9 2007, 02:11 AM
GMC:er

Signed tour book, backstage pass, and CD cover.

Two signed Buckethead press photos, and Big B's first "Psychobuddy" column.

Joe Satriani and his many Ibanez JS guitars.

My favorite country-shred-metal guitarist, John5!

My former teacher Rusty Cooley and his band OUTWORLD.

The amazing Greg Howe. (Former guitarist for Nsync! tongue.gif)

"To Dave, Michael Angelo Batio."

Eric Johnson - the fine guitar artist.

Acoustic instrumental guitarist Trace Bundy.

I ran into Eric at the bar during a Vai concert. Real nice guy!

Signed Vai / MacAlpine photo from when I met them in March, 05.

Signed Satch backstage pass from when I met Joe in March, 06.

Pass #2.

Billy Sheehan. One of the greatest rock bassists ever.

Zakk Wylde sig. Bought this pre-signed from a used CD store for $5!

The signature and the drawing are Joe Satriani's, but the axe is mine!

... What signatures do you have?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Jan 9 2007, 02:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2007, 08:21 AM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif

Wow that was impressive - you must have been really active. blink.gif Awesome to have met all those cool guys...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 9 2007, 08:52 AM
Instructor
RUSTY COOLEY YOUR FORMER GUITAR TEACHER????????????????????????????????? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Love his instructionals - and have all of his records he ever released - best shredder for me!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jan 9 2007, 08:53 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 9 2007, 12:10 PM
Dang! blink.gif im jealous huh.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 9 2007, 10:28 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 9 2007, 01:52 AM) *
RUSTY COOLEY YOUR FORMER GUITAR TEACHER????????????????????????????????? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Love his instructionals - and have all of his records he ever released - best shredder for me!

I'd have to agree. I was a fan of Rusty's solo work before ever taking lessons with him. He teaches at the Music-Go-Round in the Woodlands (a city in Texas outside of Houston), which is about a 30-45 minute drive away from where I live. I took lessons for a few months, but was also taking lessons from one of his students already (a younger guy named Jason Black, who teaches closer to my house) so I decided to stop taking lessons from Rusty for now. Once I get my chops up past the beginner/intermediate levels it will make more sense to drive the extra distance and pay the extra money for lessons from Cooley. My current teacher does me just fine for now though, and I can go a full hour with him for the same price a half an hour would cost with Rusty. Jason is more rock-fusion where Rusty is prog metal. A great player much like Cooley, but with a focus on legato up until now (currently he’s trying to master the Shawn Lane-style hybrid of speed-picking and legato).

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Jan 9 2007, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Jan 9 2007, 03:28 PM) *
I'd have to agree. I was a fan of Rusty's solo work before ever taking lessons with him. He teaches at the Music-Go-Round in the Woodlands (a city in Texas outside of Houston), which is about a 30-45 minute drive away from where I live. I took lessons for a few months, but was also taking lessons from one of his students already (a younger guy named Jason Black, who teaches closer to my house) so I decided to stop taking lessons from Rusty for now. Once I get my chops up past the beginner/intermediate levels it will make more sense to drive the extra distance and pay the extra money for lessons from Cooley. My current teacher does me just fine for now though, and I can go a full hour with him for the same price a half an hour would cost with Rusty. Jason is more rock-fusion where Rusty is prog metal. A great player much like Cooley, but with a focus on legato up until now (currently he’s trying to master the Shawn Lane-style hybrid of speed-picking and legato).

Hey instrumental case I live around the woodlands too. I've been trying to get lessons from Rusty for a while but he never has any open slots. Bummer right? But i was wondering about that Jason guy you said where does he teach? Maybe i could take some from him too.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 9 2007, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Jan 9 2007, 03:49 PM) *
Hey instrumental case I live around the woodlands too. I've been trying to get lessons from Rusty for a while but he never has any open slots. Bummer right? But i was wondering about that Jason guy you said where does he teach? Maybe i could take some from him too.

He teaches at the newer Music-Go-Round outside of the Willowbrook Mall area. I could give you his cell # if you'd like.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 9 2007, 11:57 PM
Instructor
Jesus guys you are lucky to live there!!!!!! ohmy.gif

I wish i could take lessons from Rusty - hey what's the price for one hour on Rusty's lesson?

Tell him he has big fans in Croatia wink.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Jan 10 2007, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Jan 9 2007, 04:43 PM) *
He teaches at the newer Music-Go-Round outside of the Willowbrook Mall area. I could give you his cell # if you'd like.

Oh man, Willowbrook is really far from me. I live in conroe area so it would be atleast an hour trip.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 10 2007, 04:25 AM
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Jan 9 2007, 07:12 PM) *
Oh man, Willowbrook is really far from me. I live in conroe area so it would be atleast an hour trip.

Ah, I gotcha. Ya, you'd have better luck waitin' for Rusty to get a free spot open.

To the guy a couple posts above: Rusty is a dollar a minute, so an hour long lesson would be $60. Normally your lesson with him is just 30 minutes though. My teacher goes an hour with him, but that's just because he was lucky enough to book two spots back to back.

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 11 2007, 08:16 PM
How...? When...? Why...? I'm sooooo jealous! ohmy.gif I can't believe you have all that stuff. I want it! I can't believe you met all those people! I have got to start going to concerts! I was really close to going to an All-American reject concert but I am a little releved I didn't.

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2007, 07:21 PM
GMC Founder
So noone else has signed guitar hero stuff?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 17 2007, 01:32 AM
I certainly don't. I looked on Rustys webpage: http://www.rustycooley.com/home.html
and found this cool lick: http://www.rustycooley.com/images/lessons/betcha05.gif
I looked at the video and it seemed so easy but it is way to hard. Shame on my tiny hands! Gaar! mad.gif

This post has been edited by Guitar Master123: Jan 17 2007, 01:33 AM

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 17 2007, 07:29 AM
Well, can anybody play it?
Instrumental Case,
Is Seve Vai nice?
I Buckethead totally weird?
What is MAB like?
I NEED to know!!!

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 18 2007, 05:53 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2007, 07:21 PM) *
So noone else has signed guitar hero stuff?

No i havent sad.gif
a half year ago or something MAB was in my country HOLLAND but I wasnt very serious back then and i wasnt going.
man! i can almost shoot myself now xD dry.gif dry.gif

anyway most players dont come that much to my tiny country sad.gif
i gotta keep my eyes open smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Odd1
Feb 18 2007, 07:29 PM
I have a Les paul picguard (is that what its called?) signed by both Slash and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.
Dont have a picture right now maybe I will posdt one later.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 18 2007, 07:33 PM
QUOTE (Odd1 @ Feb 18 2007, 07:29 PM) *
I have a Les paul picguard (is that what its called?) signed by both Slash and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.
Dont have a picture right now maybe I will posdt one later.

Cool smile.gif

btw does anybody know what the pickguard does? catching falling picks or something? i dunno smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aenemated
Mar 5 2007, 05:01 AM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Feb 18 2007, 10:33 AM) *
Cool smile.gif

btw does anybody know what the pickguard does? catching falling picks or something? i dunno smile.gif

protects the finish from checking.

look at some vintage guitars that didn't have them - you'll see what i mean. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bricktop
Mar 9 2007, 02:43 PM
Who is Rusty Cooley?? huh.gif
I have no clue...

john

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:34 AM