Remy Hansen - Paul Gilbert Style Picking
bingefeller
Oct 21 2014, 03:25 PM
GMC:er
I love this video:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 26 2014, 03:29 PM
Learning Roadie
He's worn out his copies of Intense Rock 1 & 2 I'm guessing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 31 2014, 10:23 AM
GMC:er
WOW! I honestly thought that was Paul Gilbert. He even holds his right hand the same way, holds the pick the same way, adresses the string the same way, plays the exact licks from Pauls "Racer X" Live solo just about like Paul, etc. I watched some of his other vids and he's Got Paul down pat smile.gif

Of course, he can play other bits, he's just doing a Paul thing in the vid. Guy is pretty darn impressive.

QUOTE (bingefeller @ Oct 21 2014, 10:25 AM) *
I love this video:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2014, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Great video! His Alternate picking technique is killer, and very similar to Gilbert's. As Todd said, the video that comes to mind is Intense Rock. Those 80's videos full of shred have been a big motivation for my every day practice when I was a teenager. Let's refresh Gilbert's intro solo:

His technique is killer there, however I prefer much more the newest stuff by him. He could keep those fantastic chops but add more melody, feeling and musicality to his playing and instrumental songs.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:09 AM