4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Festive Challenge 2010
dark dude
Dec 20 2010, 04:19 PM
GMC:er
When it comes to choosing which level, I could definately do intermediate, advanced seemed a bit out of my reach. Sooooo I chose advanced as intermediate would be cheating tongue.gif

Of course it depends on how much time you have to learn the lesson, and it isn't so long here, but, you are your best judge.

.. back to the metronome \m/ \m/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 20 2010, 11:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey guys, just a tip - try to be realistic when picking the level. Rules are there to regulate in order not to have advanced players playing the beginner take etc. If you feel the intermediate is suitable or even beginner - go for it! You don't have to push yourself beyond limits.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2010, 11:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 20 2010, 02:15 PM) *
What's going on between Ben and you? First you ask him a vibrator question, and now this... tongue.gif laugh.gif

Haha !!! No comment. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Lester
Dec 21 2010, 11:33 AM
Learning Roadie
I think I am going to have a look at both beginner and intermediate.
I now I should be able to do intermediate, but there are some licks in there that I'm not sure if I can master them in one week.

...We'll see, It's great fun learning the lessons this far though! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 26 2010, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Guys !

Don't forget that tomorrow is the deadline for the Festive Challenge ! Your takes should be uploaded here

We're all looking forward to your entries ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2010, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Hi everybody, just to keep you updated on things. The competition is closed as you all know, and we're just collecting votes now. I've already put my votes forward, which was very difficult. Everyone has put so much effort in and I want to thank you all for taking part and showing us all why GMC is the best guitar community there is !! We will keep you updated smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 28 2010, 01:19 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
It was simply great to participate. Thanks Ben for bringing the contest. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Dec 28 2010, 03:20 PM
Learning Roadie
This challenge was fun!
Its the first time i actually finished a song which i started tongue.gif Thanks Ben biggrin.gif
All the best to everyone smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 28 2010, 03:37 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
True, this was an awesome competition, and one that kept many of the students busy wink.gif
I had so much fun learning the songs, the chats were so cool and funny and I think it is great to see so many takes.
I don't know if GMC has a sponsor for the prizes, but I'd suggest we make a competition every month smile.gif
Good luck to everyone, whoever wins really deserves it, all the takes are really great.

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 31 2010, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Hi again Guys !

I just want to let you know that we are still collecting the votes.. as you know, it's a busy time of year for people so please bear with us ! Maybe the fact that all the takes were so good makes it difficult for the staff to vote !! tongue.gif

Don't worry, we will let you know as soon as all votes are in ! Meanwhile, enjoy the New Year Celebrations !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2010, 01:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This was an awesome competition! I liked all the takes wink.gif Good luck guys and Happy New Year! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 31 2010, 02:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I think there should be more competitions here on GMC, those are really nice. But bit more time for learning would be good. Small amount of time forced some folks to record "easier" lessons. With more time we could aim at "practicing" and "rising skills" and learning for the contest at the same time:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 31 2010, 02:23 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Happy New Year to all... smile.gif Bring in another contest!!!! wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 31 2010, 02:43 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm a 100% with Marek here, bring on more contests with more time! I just couldn't make the intermediate song work, it was a tiny bit above my level.
Otherwise, cool competition, please give us more as I've never seen so many students submit videos.
And happy new year to you all!
Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 31 2010, 05:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Just wanted to add, that there are many kind of "prizes" that could be offered. For example:
1. the winner can "request" a lesson of certain type to be made
2. the winner can "request" a certain type collaboration to be held
3. the winner can be featured on the GMC youtube channel, if he is willing to make a video of his playing/story/GMC usage history. Something like "GMC presents GMC student".

What I have in mind is that prizes are often expensive, and also if the price is "cheap" than it has opposite effect than "motivating". GMC consists of many different things, so maybe it wouldn't be to hard to organize competitions, and don't spend "hard cash" on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fre
Jan 2 2011, 06:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
When will the results of this great competition be shared?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 2 2011, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fre @ Jan 2 2011, 05:46 PM) *
When will the results of this great competition be shared?

Hi Fre,

We still don't have the final results yet ohmy.gif but they will be announced as soon as they're collected, no later ! smile.gif

Thanks for your patience !

+Quote Post
Fre
Jan 2 2011, 08:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Hi Fre,

We still don't have the final results yet ohmy.gif but they will be announced as soon as they're collected, no later ! smile.gif

Thanks for your patience !

I'll wait with pleasure

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 2 2011, 09:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Fre
Jan 2 2011, 10:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:37 AM