Another Philly PA in the House
yell03
Feb 18 2007, 05:54 AM
GMC:er
Hey,

43 years old and trying to shred.

My 11 year old son is actually trying to play guitar now too.

He's got plenty of mine to choose from, but the Dean Vendetta XM will be his main axe, 24 frets and plays pretty nice for $99.

I have had my Gibson SG and Gorilla amp since 1985 and just recently (within the last 6 months) bought all my other gear.

My most recent purchase was my Jackson, I was in Sam Ash trying out all the high priced 24 fret guitars and this $299 mutt played better than all of them so I bought it. smile.gif
I love wide & thin fast necks.

I think I'll stop there tomorrow, hope I don't buy anything. tongue.gif

Next up I am thinking about a Line 6 Spider III 75w amp.

My main musical influences are Lynyrd Skynyrd, 80s and 90s metal, and I love the new breed of shredders.

Howard

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars
Carvin DC127
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Ibanez Prestige RGA121

Amplifiers
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Genz Benz -flex 2x12 cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 18 2007, 06:04 AM
hey yell!! haha

i just responded to your other post but i'll respond here too... definitely pick up the line 6 spider III 112 it's an awesome amp... i've got the spider II 112 and have loved it since i got it. with all the great built in effects you can't beat it and this time they went real crazy with the spider III series. one piece of advice is definitely pick up the floorboard pedal for it just so you can have so many more effects at the push of a button without having to tune in everything (makes life so much easier).

keep PA rockin!

nate

btw - welcome to GMC!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Ironhead85
Feb 18 2007, 06:16 PM
Hell Ya to PAers. My buddy was at Sam Ashin the franklin mills mall a few years ago and Zakk Wylde shops there on rare occasions, and as you may know he is an alcoholic and a damn fast shredder, and he was walking through the mall in his t-shirt, harley boots, and underwear, early in the morning all hung over. He lives in a cherry hill so thats not too bad of a hike, even tho tere is a Guitar Center in cherry hill, but w/e, my friend may be a BSer but he isn't the only person I heard about tht from. Lol NE Philly business, nice you ever need a cell phone I'm the verizon guy in the NE. (independant one at least)

+Quote Post
yell03
Feb 21 2007, 03:32 AM
buckjones -

I checked out the Line 6, nice amp, but I ended up leaving with a ESP Viper 400 instead.

I traded in my SG and my Jackson.

Guitars are gonna be my new problem biggrin.gif

I have all 5 digitech distortion pedals mounted in a Digitech powered box, they are awesome pedals, especially the Hot Head, Grunge, and Death Metal pedals! cool.gif

Ironhead85 -

I'll keep you in mind next time I need a phone.

My biz is right near Roosevelt Mall.

Howard

This post has been edited by yell03: Feb 21 2007, 03:42 AM

--------------------
Electric Guitars
Carvin DC127
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Prestige RGA121

Amplifiers
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Genz Benz -flex 2x12 cab

+Quote Post
Ironhead85
Feb 21 2007, 06:00 AM
excellent, if you ever need to cross promote or something, im at near grant ave, just email me

[email protected]

or my work email

[email protected]

that sounds like a mean guitar, you should upload your licks

+Quote Post
jete124
Feb 21 2007, 06:06 AM
blink.gif

This post has been edited by jete124: Feb 21 2007, 06:35 AM

+Quote Post
yell03
Feb 21 2007, 01:18 PM
Ironhead85 -

I'll try to pop in on you one of these days, after it warms up a bit.

jete124 -

blink.gif ????

Howard

--------------------
Electric Guitars
Carvin DC127
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Prestige RGA121

Amplifiers
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Genz Benz -flex 2x12 cab

+Quote Post
jete124
Feb 21 2007, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (yell03 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:18 AM) *
Ironhead85 -

I'll try to pop in on you one of these days, after it warms up a bit.

jete124 -

blink.gif ????

Howard

Haha i posted something stupid last night when i was dead tired and didn't realize it until afterwards. So the smiley was there as my edited post, of me being amazed that i was actually tired enough to do that.

+Quote Post
yell03
Feb 21 2007, 04:12 PM
I thought you might think I was nuts for trading the SG for the ESP laugh.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars
Carvin DC127
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Prestige RGA121

Amplifiers
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Genz Benz -flex 2x12 cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:27 PM