Boogie Collaboration, results
Emir Hot
Feb 25 2009, 10:49 PM
Instructor
Hi guys

The collab is finished. I hope you had fun playing this one and hope you'll be back again smile.gif

Tell me what you think about this mix and if you have any suggestions.

Sorry for the bad Youtube quality. These videos are actualy better here in my computer. If anybody wants the original video you can PM me and I will send it in better quality.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------

Group 1

1. Ajmurrell

2. Col Roberts

3. Dexxter

4. enforcer

5. ErikEklund

6. JamesT

7. kaznie_NL

8. Marc_Maiden

Group 2

1. Paiva

2. Pedja Simovic

3. Rated Htr

4. Sergio Dorado

5. Smells

6. strat

7. Toroso

8. ztevie

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Mar 5 2009, 05:00 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  group1.mp3 ( 6.1MB ) Number of downloads: 256
Attached File  group2.mp3 ( 6.1MB ) Number of downloads: 212

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Rated Htr
Feb 25 2009, 11:33 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm pretty sure I made my mono but I could mistaken...Nice job from the first group smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 25 2009, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think the "recording in stereo" just clicked in my head. I was convinced I've never selected the option to record in stereo, but when I think about it, it records in stereo automatically.

Apologies there Emir! I was conscious of you not wanting it in stereo, just didn't realise that that was what I was recording it in!

Nice mix, the added effects sound awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 26 2009, 12:02 AM
Instructor
Thank you AJ smile.gif Yes your one is stereo as well smile.gif I had to process 16 stereo tracks real time and all 16 filled with realtime plugins. My processor almost died smile.gif That's why we need mono and in the end of the day they would sound exactly the same if they were mono. Remember that for the future, it will help you if you ever need to mix something like this smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 26 2009, 12:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
Will do man smile.gif Appreciate it must have been very annoying after making such a point about recording it in mono! Just didn't occur to me that I was recording in stereo. Next time I'll follow all the rules sir, promise smile.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 25 2009, 11:02 PM) *
Thank you AJ smile.gif Yes your one is stereo as well smile.gif I had to process 16 stereo tracks real time and all 16 filled with realtime plugins. My processor almost died smile.gif That's why we need mono and in the end of the day they would sound exactly the same if they were mono. Remember that for the future, it will help you if you ever need to mix something like this smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 26 2009, 12:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 25 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Will do man smile.gif Appreciate it must have been very annoying after making such a point about recording it in mono! Just didn't occur to me that I was recording in stereo. Next time I'll follow all the rules sir, promise smile.gif

hehe sir, it's ok smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Toroso
Feb 26 2009, 12:12 AM
GMC:er
Emir, I have been all over my software including the documentation. There is nothing for stereo/mono anywhere. I guess the downside of Mixcraft is it is a little too user friendly. Have to shop around for something else.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 26 2009, 12:13 AM
I dont think my take was stereo biggrin.gif I never export in stereo so I am confident with it laugh.gif

Great mixing man, great job just awaiting for your comments. And thank you...

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 26 2009, 12:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Toroso @ Feb 25 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Emir, I have been all over my software including the documentation. There is nothing for stereo/mono anywhere. I guess the downside of Mixcraft is it is a little too user friendly. Have to shop around for something else.

Is there an option similar to "insert new track" and you chose "mono"? I am sure there must be something like that. If not, can you chose mono when exporting the track?

QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 25 2009, 11:13 PM) *
I dont think my take was stereo biggrin.gif I never export in stereo so I am confident with it laugh.gif

Great mixing man, great job just awaiting for your comments. And thank you...

Cheers smile.gif

Your one was mono, well done smile.gif Great playing this time man

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 26 2009, 12:23 AM
Instructor
Emir I hope my track was mono ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 26 2009, 12:31 AM
Do you mean that when exporting the tracks to mp3 it has to be mono aswell? If so, I have totally missed the point... ohmy.gif
I know I recorded guitar in a mono track in Cubase, but when exporting as a wav, and later convert to mp3, I didn't think of choosing mono there aswell... If that's the case I am guilty as charged, and will accept any damnation that is thrown upon me! wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 26 2009, 12:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 25 2009, 11:31 PM) *
Do you mean that when exporting the tracks to mp3 it has to be mono aswell? If so, I have totally missed the point... ohmy.gif
I know I recorded guitar in a mono track in Cubase, but when exporting as a wav, and later convert to mp3, I didn't think of choosing mono there aswell... If that's the case I am guilty as charged, and will accept any damnation that is thrown upon me! wink.gif

well the whole point is that the track comes to me as mono. In your case recording in mono didn't make sense if you exported in stereo in the end. Plus when you do that you have another channel conversion and losing quality like that. If it was mono, keep it mono when making the mp3 as well. Only the mixed track (with BT) should be stereo.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 26 2009, 12:40 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 26 2009, 12:34 AM) *
well the whole point is that the track comes to me as mono. In your case recording in mono didn't make sense if you exported in stereo in the end. Plus when you do that you have another channel conversion and losing quality like that. If it was mono, keep it mono when making the mp3 as well. Only the mixed track (with BT) should be stereo.

OK, that explains it... I think that most of the stereotracks you got is because of this. I think everyone recorded in mono, but exported in stereo?
Sorry! huh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 26 2009, 12:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 25 2009, 11:40 PM) *
OK, that explains it... I think that most of the stereotracks you got is because of this. I think everyone recorded in mono, but exported in stereo?
Sorry! huh.gif

In a proper studio there are no mp3 conversions at all. Mp3 compression kills the frequencies and the sound loses the quality. They always keep the raw wav file but for this purpose mp3 is ok because it's not a large file to upload/download. Also, every mp3 should be at least 192kbps and 44.1KHz. I received some tracks in 22KHz and the sound is completely destroyed

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Feb 26 2009, 12:48 AM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Feb 26 2009, 12:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Toroso @ Feb 26 2009, 10:12 AM) *

Hi Toroso,
I use Mixcraft too. To make a mono mp3, select File, then Mix Down to => mp3, then in the "Save Your Mix" window click the "Edit Details" button, then in the "MP3 Files Setup" window click the Configure button, then in the "Configure MP3 Settings Window" select "Mono" from the Mode dropdown panel. Remember that when you next start up Mixcraft it will retain the Mono setting. If you have any further questions you can PM me.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Feb 26 2009, 12:29 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I hope mine is mono. Otherwise I apologise and will look it up. Looking forward to more awesome comments smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 26 2009, 12:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Emir and all the others guys who did this cab,

This sounds awesome, there are pretty good takes/ guitarist in this cab.

( there is a lot of talent at GMC if i may say so, which is hopefully an encouragement for the rest to do the best they can to be as good as these guy's here .....)

Also nice is the rock and jazz mix into one.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Toroso
Feb 26 2009, 12:42 PM
QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Feb 26 2009, 06:10 AM) *
Hi Toroso,
I use Mixcraft too. To make a mono mp3, select File, then Mix Down to => mp3, then in the "Save Your Mix" window click the "Edit Details" button, then in the "MP3 Files Setup" window click the Configure button, then in the "Configure MP3 Settings Window" select "Mono" from the Mode dropdown panel. Remember that when you next start up Mixcraft it will retain the Mono setting. If you have any further questions you can PM me.

Cheers.

Hah! Thanks Col! smile.gif I'll check that out asap.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Feb 26 2009, 03:57 PM
I am so sorry if my take was stereo, thats a major misstake from me!

Great takes and great mixing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 26 2009, 04:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Emir! Please take your time!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:46 AM