2 Pages V   1 2 >  
How I Almost Lost My Guitars Last Night
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2013, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Yes, yes, you read that in the title smile.gif

I had a gig with Days of Confusion last evening and as usual we take all our guitars along, just in case we need backup. All good, great gig, atmosphere, full venue and so on. After that, I decided to take my guitars home and not leave them with the tech crew as usual. I went into a cab to catch some greek food with the band and some friends - around 1.30 AM

We were heading towards the Greek joint, we were talking about how important it is to have backup and so on and especially NOT to forget the guitars in the cab. We got to the place, got out and started talking, as we were waiting for the others to arrive. That moment it struck me: both my PRSs were left in the trunk of the cab :| :| :|

Great! We all started phoning various cab companies because, as a bunch of kids that we were, we haven't payed any attention to what taxi company we traveled with. No luck - no one knew anything.

I was already resigned and thought about how i would raise the money to buy me two guitars once again as I was slowly walking up the street. As I looked to my left, I noticed a trunk of a cab that had a little scratch where the key should go in. BANG! That was IT! The cab we traveled with. I recognized the driver and went straight to him and asked for my guitars. His eyes grew and he said - oh, yes, your guitars.

I think that someone up there loves me VERY VERY VERY much smile.gif

Since this is fresh from the oven - have you guys experienced such things?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 17 2013, 01:53 PM
GMC:er
Unfortunately It seems that that band name suits you guys fine wink.gif

Btw.It would be sad to lose your PrS guitars... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: May 17 2013, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
BTrian
May 17 2013, 02:06 PM
Learning Roadie
never actually lost a guitar but sometimes almost forgot it.
And any time I travel by train between my home town and the city I study and I leave the train I'm always like "wait, did I grab all the stuff before exiting the train and how many bags and guitars did I have when I entered"

your story sounds like you were reaaaaalllllllly lucky.
I can imagine that "wait, were are my guitars" feeling sad.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 17 2013, 04:38 PM
A friend of mine was unloading his car one night after a gig. He put his favourite Strat on the roof of his car whilst he unloaded everything else and forgot about the Strat once he had finished. He was indoors when he remembered he'd left his favourite Axe outside, so he rushed outside to theh car, only to find that some opportunist thief had stolen it!!
mad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 17 2013, 04:38 PM
I am pleased that you didn't lose those two PRS as I know how much you love them wub.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 17 2013, 04:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So lucky!

I can see you busting your ass running down the street after the cab! laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2013, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Oh!!! I'm glad to know that you had good luck mate!! It would have been so bad. sad.gif

I had lost many things as clothes, cables, money, cellphones but fortunately never a guitar, amp or pedal!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 17 2013, 05:29 PM
Glad you got your guitars back Cosmin. I would off cried for you if couldn't get them back.

+Quote Post
Bossie
May 17 2013, 07:15 PM
What a story..turned out good though wink.gif ...i never lost guitars, people just break in my house and steal them mad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 17 2013, 07:36 PM
Instructor
Oh man, C-Maestro !!! I cannot imagine that feeling you had when you realised what had happened !! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 18 2013, 05:24 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow! what a close call! I am so glad this turned out ok for you man. Did you kick yourself in the butt a couple times when you realized what you had done? I agree someone must be looking out for you, either that or you are one of the luckiest guys on the planet! Maybe you should try the lottery! biggrin.gif The gods are smiling upon you young axeslinger!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: May 18 2013, 05:26 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2013, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Thank you gentlemen! Well, it is most obvious that this young axeslinger right here, took a vow to pay attention and keep his eyes, ears and mind open regardless of how tired he is smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 18 2013, 12:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank God they were safe and recovered. I couldn't even imagine the panic you must have felt

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 18 2013, 01:41 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
You definitely had luck on your side there... thank goodness. biggrin.gif

One time after a gig I had left my Les Paul in its case backstage with the rest of my bands gear. When I went back a few minutes later it was gone! My first thought was one of my bandmates loaded it up. Good thing I didn't assume this and double checked to see if it was packed up. When I realized it wasn't there, I panicked, as it was my only guitar and I did not have much money. I was sure it was gone for good.

Long story short, the other opening act before us were also playing Les Pauls. So I asked them if they had seen my guitar or if someone grab it as a mix up. They were unhelpful and acted suspicious about it. Minutes later one of my bandmates spotted THREE Les Paul cases in their van. Before confronting the thieves, I decided to go out by their van and found the sliding door unlocked and my precious guitar in one of the cases. How easily I could have repaid the debt and grabbed an extra Les Paul... but I didn't. However our drummer did something to their van that likely postponed their trip back home for a bit. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 18 2013, 07:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Oh my gosh! Good thing you got em back! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2013, 09:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 18 2013, 12:41 PM) *
You definitely had luck on your side there... thank goodness. biggrin.gif

One time after a gig I had left my Les Paul in its case backstage with the rest of my bands gear. When I went back a few minutes later it was gone! My first thought was one of my bandmates loaded it up. Good thing I didn't assume this and double checked to see if it was packed up. When I realized it wasn't there, I panicked, as it was my only guitar and I did not have much money. I was sure it was gone for good.

Long story short, the other opening act before us were also playing Les Pauls. So I asked them if they had seen my guitar or if someone grab it as a mix up. They were unhelpful and acted suspicious about it. Minutes later one of my bandmates spotted THREE Les Paul cases in their van. Before confronting the thieves, I decided to go out by their van and found the sliding door unlocked and my precious guitar in one of the cases. How easily I could have repaid the debt and grabbed an extra Les Paul... but I didn't. However our drummer did something to their van that likely postponed their trip back home for a bit. wink.gif

Uh oh... I hate it when it comes down to such stories between bands.. So, you took your guitar from the van yourself or they gave it back?

+Quote Post
Headbanger
May 19 2013, 10:10 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Uh oh... I hate it when it comes down to such stories between bands.. So, you took your guitar from the van yourself or they gave it back?

I agree Cosmin...To think a guitarist could steal another guitarists guitar is totally beyond me. We all know how sacred our instruments are to us and to other players...I always thought musicians would have the soul not to steal anything.

This post has been edited by Headbanger: May 19 2013, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 19 2013, 06:13 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Back in the early 90's there was a cover band up here called MIA. the lead singer was known to have a drug problem, when they played at events where other bands were playing , equipment would mysteriously come up missing and would later turn up in pawn shops.
This band name MIA soon became known as
Missing Instruments and Amplifiers. dry.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 19 2013, 06:24 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2013, 08:49 AM) *

Yea, I just took my guitar back myself since the door could be opened. This happened over 12 years ago and I just thought of it after I read your story. How I was just relieved to get my guitar back after thinking it was gone for good.

At most shows, all the local bands knew each other and were on friendly terms. It was almost always a supportive scene. I had the same sense that it was hard to believe another guitarist would steal another's guitar. Its hard to remember all the details but that is unfortunately what happened.

This post has been edited by DeGroot: May 19 2013, 06:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2013, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Too bad man - in here, it's almost always the same. Everybody supports everybody and nothing bad happens between the bands - but of course, there are always exceptions, right?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:58 AM