3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Jazz Competition, 2nd place - thank you Gmc
Canis
Jan 31 2009, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congratulations with 2nd place ^^
I know I did my share of votes.. If there really was a winner, maybe he knew of a bigger source of votes? :ph43r:

Anyway, you're a great jazz player! As long as you keep making music, and stay as down-to-earth as we know you are, you'll always be the real winner in our eyes smile.gif

I know that sounded cheesy, but it's true =)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 1 2009, 12:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hm .. i'm sorry Pedja, it seemed to be a sure win sad.gif .. if this contest was real, 2nd place is of course a good result.

I guess you are maybe right with your doubts in this competition. The website and voting page was so much below todays standard, which was a bit weird.

btw .. shouldn't be the winner announced somewhere on the website ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 1 2009, 01:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 31 2009, 06:45 PM) *
Even if you´re not satisfied with the 2nd place, we know that you are a great player. smile.gif Congratulations anyway!

Thanks Tolek

QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 31 2009, 06:58 PM) *
I know it won't make you feel better Pedja, but congrat's anyway. You had nothing to loose here so remember that. smile.gif Tbh, I can't help but to think those votes are skewed in some way or another. Maybe I'm wrong, but just a gut feeling....For what it's worth, I felt your entry Won!

Thanks Skennington... One day before competition ended I had 1000$ extra now I don't , so I kinda lost something there wink.gif

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 31 2009, 07:20 PM) *
It's a competition, what's the big deal? You're still a great player - why were you banking on winning?

Good question... I received messages from owner almost everyday until 25th saying I am in huge lead , that I shouldn't worry I am winning this, where can he make a payment etc - but on 30th I got surprising message saying I am still in the lead but this time its a close one, and then I got a message today around 6pm in Serbia which is 12 in the afternoon in USA stating that I finished 2nd... So something happened there, without prior explanations.
I was counting on those 1000$ 1 day before competition ended and everything change less than 24 hours to go - thats why I am bit suspicious thats all.
Overall competition was not run properly regardless of my current status - as nobody expect owner had insight into votes - so he could have made his mind any way he wanted etc.

Thanks anyways, good question smile.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jan 31 2009, 07:23 PM) *
You know 250 votes aren't much. You could vote more times on Yourself dedicating few hours/one day for that. This is the biggest drawback of these kind of internet voting..

I never voted more than once myself and I was told from the beginning that one vote per IP address counts. So I don't know how you can get 250 votes in couple hours or a day. If you can I have to learn how man seriously laugh.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 31 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Hold your head up Pedja you are a great player. I never really liked the thought of music competitions. Music is such a subjective thing. If you are going to have a competition though it think what Emir said about only judges voting and not family and friends would be the fairest way to do it. biggrin.gif

Thanks Monte... I am only feeling bad because of financial reward behind it. I don't feel need to compete with anybody out there but myself. Competition was good when I was 12 all the way to when I entered Berklee. From then on it became obvious what I need to do , how to organize my practice time and how to achieve all my goals.
So again, dissapointment is because of financial loss nothing more nothing less - as first prize gets 1000$ everybody else gets 6 cd's smile.gif I do agree with you and Emir, panel of judges is definitely way to go like on proper auditions etc

QUOTE (Kuba Szafran @ Jan 31 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Congratulations Pedja smile.gif!

Thanks Kuba

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 31 2009, 11:33 PM) *
2nd place is I think great achievement for you Pedja, so you should be very proud I think. Congratulations, and wish better luck next time mate.

I don't agree with 2nd place being great achievement. I would feel that way if I entered some jazz competition at Thelonious Monk University for example. I feel rather down because I had 1000$ less than 24 hours before competition ended , and I lost under strange circumstances.

QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 31 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Congrats Pedja, I'm sure you will win next time! smile.gif

Thanks Toni for believing but I don't think I will be entering any competitions like this one in a while now smile.gif

QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Jan 31 2009, 11:40 PM) *
congrats to the second place, you are a great guitarist, that is what matters smile.gif

Thanks Eric, appreciate it man.

@ Canis

Thanks Canis. I know you voted a lot , I really appreciate it man. Sometimes all you can do is hope for the best but life is full of surprises like this one.

I needed those 1000$ not 1st prize but I guess this year will be year of sacrifices for me ...

Thanks buddy smile.gif

@ wrk

Andy it seemed to be sure win to me as well. I could go on and post you messages I got from owner and you guys could see that something doesn't add up there , but I am not going to do that now ... Its over, I finished 2nd, its the same as finishing last (prize wise), I had a lead less than 24 hours before the end and I somehow lost it, voting system was not accurate from beginning as well as vote page , but thats the reality that I have to accept now and thats it.

I will get to your final mix and comments now and hopefully publish them all today during some time.

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 1 2009, 02:45 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Second place or whatever place, you're always a fantastic player in my book smile.gif
I've heard from your lessons and the solos you shared on your fusion collab, that you're a great, innovative, exciting and very skilled player! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2009, 05:07 AM
Instructor
Great!! Congrats Pedja! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 1 2009, 08:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Pedja congrats on the 2nd place smile.gif. You are an absolutely awesome guitar player and keep that in mind (as that will solve all the hard feelings in the end wink.gif)

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 1 2009, 08:50 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Pedja, if You use phone modem, not a "stable connection" ( don't know proper word ) each time You connect and disconnect ( with the Internet ) You have a different ip adress. That is at least how it was few years ago, I don't think anything changed since than. Of course almost no one I know use such old way of connecting, but that doesn't mean to much.

EDIT: I googled "changing i.p. adress" and there are many matches, so there surely are ways of changing Your ip.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Feb 1 2009, 08:53 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 1 2009, 09:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 1 2009, 08:50 AM) *
Pedja, if You use phone modem, not a "stable connection" ( don't know proper word ) each time You connect and disconnect ( with the Internet ) You have a different ip adress. That is at least how it was few years ago, I don't think anything changed since than. Of course almost no one I know use such old way of connecting, but that doesn't mean to much.

Actually this why everyone who wants to vote should at least create a user account. To create endless accounts and endless email address is just more work and it would limit multiple voting a bit. Now that a lot of people connect with mobile phones to the internet, dynamic ip addresses are become popular again .. like in the dial up modem time as you said.

This post has been edited by wrk: Feb 1 2009, 09:02 AM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 1 2009, 12:04 PM
Instructor
Congrats Pedja, 2nd place is also great, well done! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 1 2009, 12:20 PM
GMC:er
What Marek said about the modem connection and a new ip adress sorted out for your computer each time you log in is sad but true. Other than that I voted nearly every day till the 30th of January. Sometime from more ip addresses. The weird thing is that even when randomly I hit the vote submission button from the same ip adress it always thanked me for submitting my vote but then again you can't be sure whether that counted or not. It really was a poorly designed site. I couldn't seem to find the winner either, not statistics, no user accounts, not even an email address required.

I'm aware that among 6 participants a 2nd place is not that much especially with no 1k$. I don't know how much you know about the background or the chief organizer. I don't think it would be a good idea to rant about it because such people could easily disappear without a trace. Maybe if the winner is not announced on the site (and btw the voting is still ON and you can even submit votes!!!) then you can maybe search all participants and ask about their experience about the contest. Other than that I really don't understand why the do such things especially with such a genre and with such motto: "truth in music".

But I would like to congratulate as well because I liked to listen to your impro in the vid cool.gif

berko

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 1 2009, 12:20 PM
Congratz Pedja if they did cheat then they don't deserve a great player like you to be in their competition!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
jdriver
Feb 1 2009, 05:41 PM
It sounds very suspicious to me also. I thought you were way ahead with all our voting. I voted pretty much every day.

I just checked the site, it's still showing Pedja's huge lead, and does not announce the winner. The one in second place, Theo, I think he's awful.

I sent an email to them and complained.

This post has been edited by jdriver: Feb 1 2009, 06:01 PM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 1 2009, 11:43 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear it Pedja. Can something be done, like complaining?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 2 2009, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Thanks for all your support guys.
You all did best you could but something obviously didn't work out in the end.
I took a day off to get it all out of my head so now I am back recharged and this is all water under the bridge now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 2 2009, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Congrats Pedja, that's great!
I don't understand why you feel down though?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 2 2009, 02:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 2 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Congrats Pedja, that's great!
I don't understand why you feel down though?

smile.gif

10 days before competition ended I had more then 250 votes in the lead. Last day of the competition I was in a lead. Somehow I managed to loose it at the end !
1000 $ prize would help me a lot too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 2 2009, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Ah I understand...
Keeps your heads up though man, something good will come up, like maybe a new bit check from your great forum participation! tongue.gif

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 2 2009, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 2 2009, 03:06 PM) *
Ah I understand...
Keeps your heads up though man, something good will come up, like maybe a new bit check from your great forum participation! tongue.gif

Ha, thanks David but I am not so confident about that buddy wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 2 2009, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Great Pedja, although 1st place would have been better, you still were recognized for your skills, haven't heard the other guitar player, but the problem with these contests is that it is based on voting, I really hope the guy that won really plays.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 2 2009, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Thanks Jose. I enjoy talking to you today in chat smile.gif As far as this go, it is all water under the bridge for me , don't want to think back of it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:44 PM