2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rusty Cooley On 8 String!
Francis Viviers
Aug 23 2007, 08:36 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 23 2007, 09:54 AM) *
Did Yngwie really say that?? :? :?

Yngwie is a cocky player .... he would say something like that ...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misterj
Aug 23 2007, 08:38 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 23 2007, 11:10 AM) *
I doubt that, putting your basic person there to listen to both, that many would feel this guy is even close to Yngwie in terms of quality. Very few.

Speed only counts when you can play at that speed as perfectly as you can as well as you do slower, keeping a perfect rhythm, and perfect accenting. And also having some feeling to your music, some soul. If not, it is disqualified from the competition. This guy is nowhere near Yngwie in terms of quality of play. He may play fast sweeps, but there is some disconnection in his play. Just another guy trying to be as fast as he can, and sacrificing quality to do that.

actually, i have heard none of rusty cooleys music, i just happened to find that on youtube while searching for 8 string stuff. he seems pretty good for a demo. but as for yngwie, YUCK! i havent been able to stand him since i heard him playing on the g3 satch, vai, yngwie album. every time he had to improv, he played the same exact thousand-note speed run. mabe i havnt heard enough of him, but he seems to be able to play cool classical stuff, all in one key. What he does is cool, but you gotta be able to improv, and you gotta be able to play slower. constant 64th notes dont work for every solo. yngwie may have some technique, but to say that he is more soulful than anyone seems a stretch. like i said, i dont know rusty cooleys music yet (gimme a couple of days) so this is not really a comparison b/t players. at first glance, they both seem like very talented technical players. i have just been jaded about yngwie since the G3 album.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by misterj: Aug 23 2007, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 24 2007, 12:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (misterj @ Aug 23 2007, 09:38 PM) *
every time he had to improv, he played the same exact thousand-note speed run.

Oh, so i am not the only one who noticed that? It's great to know there are other people out there who think same! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 24 2007, 02:27 AM
Rusty is a far better technical player then he is a composer.

Ive never really seen Rusty break down and play something slower that isnt just a blur of notes. ( Even though im into the whole shredding thing.)

Yngwie may or may not be as technical as cooley but def. writes beautiful music.

But bare in mind all where trying to compare two very different guitar players. I for one really like neoclassical music so I do like Yngwie more. But one huge difference the Rusty can do that Yngwie can not is teach, if youve ever seen any of Yngwies instructionals you wont learn much tongue.gif

- John

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Aug 24 2007, 02:30 AM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 24 2007, 02:46 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 23 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Oh, so i am not the only one who noticed that? It's great to know there are other people out there who think same! smile.gif

Indeed. If you've heard 1 solo from Yngwie, you've heard it all smile.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 24 2007, 03:09 AM
Malmsteen is extremly cocky.
I feel he has never been the fastest player out there and never will.There was always some one out there that could play faster than him but maybe just not in the spotlights.Even now im sure there is someone faster than cooley but locked in his room right now practicing smile.gif But thats a good example of what cocky guitar player's get you.As soon as you feel your the best and talk that way,someone will crush you.

I did read a statment from guitar world years ago that malmsteen himself said ""i have learned everything there is to know on guitar,i can do everything and there's nothing else for me to learn as i know it all"".The one thing i know Malmsteen is the best at is beating on his girlfriends ohmy.gif I think dudes a total prick myself.

This post has been edited by shredmandan: Aug 24 2007, 03:10 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2007, 04:21 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
It all comes down to Oppinion, Rusty defenitly has a better technique, but that doesnt make him better, Obvioulsy some here will hate rusty and love malmsteen, or vice versa, or hate them both.

I love Rusty, everythig about his style i love.

Yngwie is ok in small doses for me, his "Concerto Suite" album i must say is great though.

+Quote Post
misterj
Aug 24 2007, 04:24 AM
Yngwie is ok in small doses for me, his "Concerto Suite" album i must say is great though.
[/quote]

agreed.

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Aug 24 2007, 08:10 AM
My friend Paco just covered Under the Influence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8MM8PBXwtE

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 24 2007, 08:31 AM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Aug 23 2007, 11:10 PM) *
My friend Paco just covered Under the Influence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8MM8PBXwtE

Your friends with Paco ! ohmy.gif Hes a very good guitarist. IMC your lucky to stay in contact and interview such great musicans .

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:50 PM