2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Your Greatest Enemy...
jammer91
Oct 28 2007, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
Kris you wont beleive this but we have the same problem. My grade 7 school music teacher who barely knew how to play any instrument (just knew theory and was actually a Gym teacher) toally demotivated me (he made me hate instruments especially guitar.

My acoustic guitar used to get drowed by the flutes, trumpets and clarinets in music lessons. He used to crib why i didnt play a wind instrument. I made a decision to play guitar for two reasons:
-My mom used to play acoustic
-I had to play an instrument and for hygene reasons played guitar in school (we had to share mouth peices for instruments).

Now my music teacher used to call my mom at work and complain that i did not practice the peices hes providing me. The problem was he was providing me with FLUTE peices in sheet music. He wanted me to switch cause if i joined the school band, he would have to arrange peices for guitar also (he was a fat A$$ and too lazy).

Sometimes the whole class would talk and so would I. Instead he would point at me and just throw me out of the class. I was good in science and sometimes my science teacher would walk past the corridors to me standing out. He would then take me inside the class and argue for me that im a good student and all. But my <insert swear word> music teacher would hold on to his guns and get some suckers (more like nerds) in the class to support him.

My music teacher was so bad that he made me drop music in high school and totally hate guitar. After a few years (im 16 now) i have picked up electric and im doing fine on GMC. GMCers really stand out as guitarists (not that ive met any, but by the material provided here you can easily blow away all poseurs). Im now in my own band and were playing in malls and hotels.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:14 AM