6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Gmc Metallica Style Collab, Cael's Tune
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2019, 10:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 3 2019, 04:10 AM) *
Thanks Gab,

Probably old strings, it's an ibby, hate changing them on it biggrin.gif . Did you prefer the first take?

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:

It's technique buddy, I've checked the high E string all the way to the 24th fret, it goes ever so slightly flat in places, no more than two lights on my TU-3 at the worst. Are you hearing flat or sharp??

Cheers

Phil

No, I like the new take more. I hear that the pitch is not precise. It seems to be a bit sharp.

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Apr 3 2019, 11:40 AM) *
Part 1

part 2

Hope you enjoyed part 3 as much as i did wink.gif

I’ve enjoyed each of the parts! Great job mate. I have a lot of material to build the tune. Thanks a lot!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 4 2019, 10:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 4 2019, 09:45 PM) *
No, I like the new take more. I hear that the pitch is not precise. It seems to be a bit sharp.

Thanks Gab,

Glad you find it sharp, that shows it's technique, I checked and it was all flat. Was the big bend up to B okay?

Cheers buddy

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2019, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 4 2019, 06:51 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

Glad you find it sharp, that shows it's technique, I checked and it was all flat. Was the big bend up to B okay?

Cheers buddy

Phil

Yes, you seem to be like “searching for the note” but it’s not bad.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 4 2019, 11:04 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 4 2019, 09:59 PM) *
Yes, you seem to be like “searching for the note” but it’s not bad.

laugh.gif I see what you mean, I was trying to do a long slow bend for a bit of drama, didn't work, I'll skip it next time wink.gif

Sorry about the pitch issues, I'll try to get something down this weekend, not had much time this week, lots happening.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 5 2019, 11:50 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2019, 06:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 4 2019, 07:04 PM) *
laugh.gif I see what you mean, I was trying to do a long slow bend for a bit of drama, didn't work, I'll skip it next time wink.gif

Sorry about the pitch issues, I'll try to get something down this weekend, not had much time this week, lots happening.

Cheers

Phil

The idea is good! but it needs some more practice.

The good side of giving longer deadlines is that you have time to practice and polish your takes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2019, 07:47 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 5 2019, 05:26 PM) *
The idea is good! but it needs some more practice.

The good side of giving longer deadlines is that you have time to practice and polish your takes.

Thanks Gab,

Is it not smooth enough? ie, not a nice continuous increase in pitch or is it something else?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2019, 09:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 5 2019, 03:47 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

Is it not smooth enough? ie, not a nice continuous increase in pitch or is it something else?

Cheers

Phil

Yeah, that’s what I feel. It should be smoother.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 6 2019, 09:19 PM
Another try.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/metallica-part-1-rough-take-3

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Apr 7 2019, 10:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 6 2019, 08:19 PM) *

Sounds great mate

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2019, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Apr 7 2019, 09:44 AM) *
Sounds great mate

Thanks May,

Yours is pretty spiff, how long you been playing?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2019, 08:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 6 2019, 05:19 PM) *

Yeah Phil! This one sounds a lot better! What did you change to avoid pitch issues?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2019, 08:49 PM
Thanks Gab,

Concentrated on using less finger pressure, it seems to affect it more higher up the neck.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2019, 10:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 7 2019, 04:49 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

Concentrated on using less finger pressure, it seems to affect it more higher up the neck.

Cheers

Phil

Exactly!! Well done mate!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2019, 01:46 AM
GMC:er
I took the last part as it looks like most folks are grabbing the first part. I gave my vid a bit of Metallica music vid vibe which I hope works in the final smile.gif The guitar tone in the uploaded solo file has far less FX than the one in the video. I'm using OVERLOUD THU for the first time and it's quite cool. I'm stoked they added rig profiling sorta like the BIAS plugin. Just in case anyone has a copy of THU, I'm adding my preset bank that I was messing with for this one. It's zipped.Attached File  Ben_Metallica_Collab.ovp.zip ( 3.08K ) Number of downloads: 76

And the video. All it needs is skulls smile.gif

And the audioAttached File  Todd_With_backing.wav ( 10.32MB ) Number of downloads: 80
Attached File  Todd_NO_Backing.wav ( 10.31MB ) Number of downloads: 85

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 15 2019, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Apr 15 2019, 02:06 AM
Messing with the second part. Played the same line with a standard tuned guitar then a baritone long scale tune to B with heavy heavy strings.

Man. I mixed it on my mac. Then ported it over to load up via my Windows box. Listening to the same track on either is such a different experience. So much more bassy on my Windows box. Not certain how that happens.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/gmcmetal2a

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2019, 07:55 AM
What is your playback system and daw on the MAC vs what you are using on Windows?
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Apr 14 2019, 09:06 PM) *
Messing with the second part. Played the same line with a standard tuned guitar then a baritone long scale tune to B with heavy heavy strings.

Man. I mixed it on my mac. Then ported it over to load up via my Windows box. Listening to the same track on either is such a different experience. So much more bassy on my Windows box. Not certain how that happens.

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Apr 15 2019, 02:38 PM
I didn't use the DAW in Windows. I just forgot my password for Soundcloud, so I dropped the file into Dropbox from my Mac and just loaded it up to the cloud with my shop windows box which I had been using more of late for recordings/DAW.

I was commenting on the different tonal characteristics of each system despite using the same headphones - HD6XX. I imagine the mix sounds different to everyone depending on the specifics of their system. I didn't think it would be that wide/obvious.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 15 2019, 11:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 14 2019, 10:46 PM) *
I took the last part as it looks like most folks are grabbing the first part. I gave my vid a bit of Metallica music vid vibe which I hope works in the final smile.gif The guitar tone in the uploaded solo file has far less FX than the one in the video. I'm using OVERLOUD THU for the first time and it's quite cool. I'm stoked they added rig profiling sorta like the BIAS plugin. Just in case anyone has a copy of THU, I'm adding my preset bank that I was messing with for this one. It's zipped.Attached File  Ben_Metallica_Collab.ovp.zip ( 3.08K ) Number of downloads: 76

And the video. All it needs is skulls smile.gif

And the audioAttached File  Todd_With_backing.wav ( 10.32MB ) Number of downloads: 80
Attached File  Todd_NO_Backing.wav ( 10.31MB ) Number of downloads: 85

Todd

Great solo and video Todd!! It’s great to see you again in s Collab!

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Apr 14 2019, 11:06 PM) *

Hi Gene! I can’t listen to your take well in this mix.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 15 2019, 11:39 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2019, 06:58 AM
That's just it If you are using the same playback software, E.G. Itunes, or what not, on both systems, there should be no difference at all. The Mac OS makes no changes to audio unless requested to do so. Both systems playing back on the same software through the same headphones will yield the same results, assuming the playback sound device iis roughly the same, e.g the built in sound card. If you are hearing a big difference, something else is going on. E.G. whatever you are using for playback is messing with the sound. The operating sytems themselves and the computer hardware should have zero bearing on tonal difference.
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Apr 15 2019, 09:38 AM) *
I didn't use the DAW in Windows. I just forgot my password for Soundcloud, so I dropped the file into Dropbox from my Mac and just loaded it up to the cloud with my shop windows box which I had been using more of late for recordings/DAW.

I was commenting on the different tonal characteristics of each system despite using the same headphones - HD6XX. I imagine the mix sounds different to everyone depending on the specifics of their system. I didn't think it would be that wide/obvious.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2019, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! It's time to start mixing this one. Are there any more takes coming? We can extend deadline a bit...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:58 PM