2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Application For Kris, Feedback please
coloneldrew
Feb 8 2009, 01:10 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys!

I just improvised an idea for my application to Kris. There's no video, I'm just looking for some feedback.

P.S I know there are two bum notes, and one out of tune note. Like I said though, just an improvised one time through.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  coloneldrewcmin.mp3 ( 1.89MB ) Number of downloads: 502

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 8 2009, 01:48 PM
Instructor
This is a pretty cool improv!
There are some really nice melodic ideas to develop in there.
Has a nice Knopfler touch to it, I enjoyed this one a lot!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 8 2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks David, that feels good to hear. But seriously, be hard on me I need it smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 8 2009, 02:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think there's not much to improve tongue.gif This is one of those melodic solo's, not just rushing some notes, but played with feeling! At first I thought that you could try to make it more interesting with some more high notes, but then the solo builded upwards, and in the end it's very interesting to listen to, so that's of the list tongue.gif

Great work Drew!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 8 2009, 02:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Great:) That was very nice smile.gif Btw. what sort of application? DId I miss something?biggrin.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 8 2009, 02:44 PM
Its for my submission to him for an instructor job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 8 2009, 03:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well.. then I can say, that for me, there is lot I can learn from you;) And I belive others too smile.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 8 2009, 04:38 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Nice improvisation for sure, I am curious will Your application be accepted:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 8 2009, 05:23 PM
aplication for what? .... Damn tasty improv... good stuff!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 8 2009, 05:28 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Sounds good Andrew and I definitely got a Knopfler vibe from it. Only suggestion is to have it as clear (recording wise) as possible. Sounded like some of the notes bled into others because of the signal. May just be me though, great job and good luck man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 9 2009, 12:21 AM
Instructor
Sounds very cool mate, like we talked about in the chat. Great phrasing, rhythm and melodic lines. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 9 2009, 01:39 PM
Instructor
I liked it smile.gif Tasteful playing and nice phrasing. I'm not too fond of the sound though, it crashed a bit with the backing at times.
Have you recorded the video yet?

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 9 2009, 07:19 PM
No, that was just a one time improv at like 4am yesterday. I've been polishing it up a bit since and I'm try to find the right tone. Also I'm waiting on my lights to arrive (ordered them yesterday) so I'll be able to do some video after they get here.

Thanks for all of your input guys!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 9 2009, 10:47 PM
Instructor
well man, congrats! really like it.
may be I am crazy, but I feel some "dire straits" influences, I don´t know... tongue.gif
as I said, really like it, it´s well done, and well played, just some details here and there but it´s only improvisation.
so, I think you have a great take here!
I like the tone, and licks you created here. specially the lick in 00.35 is a great one!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 10 2009, 01:00 AM
Jazz Instructor
It's pretty ok, reminds me of Mark Knopfler!

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 10 2009, 11:02 AM
Ok, that's like 4 comments about Mark Knopfler, I like where this is going smile.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 8 2009, 07:48 AM) *
This is a pretty cool improv!
There are some really nice melodic ideas to develop in there.
Has a nice Knopfler touch to it, I enjoyed this one a lot!

QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 8 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Sounds good Andrew and I definitely got a Knopfler vibe from it. Only suggestion is to have it as clear (recording wise) as possible. Sounded like some of the notes bled into others because of the signal. May just be me though, great job and good luck man! smile.gif

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Feb 9 2009, 04:47 PM) *
well man, congrats! really like it.
may be I am crazy, but I feel some "dire straits" influences, I don´t know... tongue.gif
as I said, really like it, it´s well done, and well played, just some details here and there but it´s only improvisation.
so, I think you have a great take here!
I like the tone, and licks you created here. specially the lick in 00.35 is a great one!

QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Feb 9 2009, 07:00 PM) *
It's pretty ok, reminds me of Mark Knopfler!

Knopfler indeed! I listened to it again after a couple of days without hearing it. And yes, I catch the vibe you guys are feeling. I'll polish it up this week and record some video when I get my bloody lights. Stay tuned!

This post has been edited by coloneldrew: Feb 10 2009, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 19 2009, 03:02 AM
Very cool solo there, and I just joined your collab, Dang I better get to work if you are going to make comments on it. smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 19 2009, 08:49 AM
Instructor
Drew how is it going with application - are you keeping current solo or anything has changed in the meanwhile ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 20 2009, 09:41 AM
Still workin' out the kinks Pedja. I'm waiting on my lights to come in so my video quality is excellent.

Should be getting them in the next two weeks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Feb 20 2009, 11:35 AM
Instructor
This sounds great. Well composed, the tone is very good, and your style is very melodic. Has a taste of Dire Straits a bit. Could use a little more cleaning up, but it's fine as it is smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM