Need Help Can't Seems To Figure Out
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 4 2011, 10:27 PM
GMC:er
hey guys i am learning by the way from the red hot..to play with my band but i can't seems to figure out the expression of the sunk's parts :/ can some1 light me out

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 4 2011, 11:44 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmmm my band plays this song a lot, maybe I can help you. I don't quite understand the question? Can you please be more detailed.
For the verse parts you want to mute the strings and just strum loudly. You could possibly engage the wah pedal and leave it max position to get even more bite on the guitar. Possibly some reverb can help too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 6 2011, 04:35 PM
Instructor
The funky parts in the song are mostly based on Dm chord on the 10th fret, and top 4 strings only.

In both verses and the "Ooh ahh, guess you never meant it" part, there is 16th notes scrathing on that Dm chord, with occasional short strums on the chord in the rhythm of the vocals.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:45 PM