9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Beginner Mtp Sign Up, its here
Chris Evans
Jul 13 2009, 08:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
apologies for not replying to some of these messages sooner!

Theres something new brewing in the GMC background, a little change to the MTP that I feel will please a lot of people wink.gif biggrin.gif

Hang tight guys I`ll be announceing something very very soon! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 13 2009, 08:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the update, Chris!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 13 2009, 09:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jul 13 2009, 08:22 PM) *
Thanks for the update, Chris!

no probs, sorry it was a little late smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
bw75
Jul 20 2009, 02:44 AM
GMC:er
I'd like to get on the list as a student in this program when it gets rolling again.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 20 2009, 03:21 AM
QUOTE (bw75 @ Jul 19 2009, 08:44 PM) *
I'd like to get on the list as a student in this program when it gets rolling again.

Same here, +1, ^^, "Me too!" etc.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
T-Gunn
Aug 2 2009, 08:31 PM
Thought id throw this here as well just incase...

I just joined GMC and this was primarily the reason why so i can apply for a mentor ive been playing for a couple months and feel like im lacking direction and this sounds absolutely perfect, im pretty much a blank canvas for a instructor atm and im looking to absorb as much as i can. I am really only a beginner so i dont have a whole lot to show nor would i know what too however if chosen i would film whatever is required of me for my instructor.

Genres im into well sub genres of metal:
Thrash
Glam
Hardcore

I wouldnt mind being mentored by someone like velvet roger but whoever has been deemed worthy enough of mentor status will do for me just as long as they are hands on and know what they are talking about as i really need to get the very basics of lead and rhythm down along with some theory.

This post has been edited by T-Gunn: Aug 4 2009, 08:45 AM

+Quote Post
pottinus
Aug 22 2009, 11:14 PM
QUOTE (T-Gunn @ Aug 2 2009, 08:31 PM) *
Thought id throw this here as well just incase...

I just joined GMC and this was primarily the reason why so i can apply for a mentor ive been playing for a couple months and feel like im lacking direction and this sounds absolutely perfect, im pretty much a blank canvas for a instructor atm and im looking to absorb as much as i can. I am really only a beginner so i dont have a whole lot to show nor would i know what too however if chosen i would film whatever is required of me for my instructor.

Genres im into well sub genres of metal:
Thrash
Glam
Hardcore

I wouldnt mind being mentored by someone like velvet roger but whoever has been deemed worthy enough of mentor status will do for me just as long as they are hands on and know what they are talking about as i really need to get the very basics of lead and rhythm down along with some theory.

I find myself in the same situation. I have been playing for 8 months but I just cannot find my way, my improvement rate is way too slow. I used to play piano in the past but it looks like it doesn't help at all. I can read music but I don't know the trick to find the notes quickly on the fretboard.
I really like Blues....but basically I don't dislike any kind of music (well, maybe hardcore doesn't completely match my taste).

I wish I could post some videos but they wouldn't show anything but a sucker with a guitar on his hands tongue.gif

PS Sorry if there are also grammar mistakes but this is not my native language

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 23 2009, 12:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Jul 13 2009, 10:13 PM) *
no probs, sorry it was a little late smile.gif

You're getting my anxious wink.gif PLS DON'T MIND tongue.gif wrong thread wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Aug 23 2009, 03:18 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Sep 1 2009, 12:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I would like to sign up.
Here are the 'few chops' that I recorded this afternoon.

I would like to meet a mentor or somebody who could help me to improve my general skills as a guitar player.
I like mostly Blues Rock and Rock in general. But I'm really interested in knowing the scales, different techniques and how to thread well!!!

Thanks everybody in the MTP,

Angel

Attached File(s)
Attached File  presentacion.wmv ( 90.81MB ) Number of downloads: 191

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 1 2009, 01:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Aug 31 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Hi,

I would like to sign up.
Here are the 'few chops' that I recorded this afternoon.

I would like to meet a mentor or somebody who could help me to improve my general skills as a guitar player.
I like mostly Blues Rock and Rock in general. But I'm really interested in knowing the scales, different techniques and how to thread well!!!

Thanks everybody in the MTP,

Angel

First of all Welcome to the site Duendezillo smile.gif
Secondly, I would suggest you move your MTP application to the link below. Don't forget to include you video.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=29279

Regards

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Sep 1 2009, 04:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Sep 1 2009, 01:01 AM) *
First of all Welcome to the site Duendezillo smile.gif
Secondly, I would suggest you move your MTP application to the link below. Don't forget to include you video.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=29279

Regards

Thank you so much for the suggestion!
I'm new at this...

duendezillo

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 2 2009, 12:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Sep 1 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Thank you so much for the suggestion!
I'm new at this...

duendezillo

Your very welcome man! I liked your video over in the other MTP post. I wish you the best with your MTP journey. smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
sova007
Sep 24 2009, 08:43 PM
Hi everybody, i'm not totally new with guitar playing (4 years practising) and i just want to have some advices to learn this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FTryYf5MpY ( techniques, speed, tapping, sweeping, scales, and so on) i don't know where to begin, there's is too much lessons in your database, so if you can guide me with lesson to learn this song well.
I don't use to play electric guitar, i only play accoustic (chords and singing), so let's start from the beginning and rock on!!!!

ps: i don't have a cam to show you my playing sorry!!
see ya everybody!!!!

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Nov 7 2009, 06:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
hey,

i want to sign in to the mentoring programm! when will the next rounds start???

--------------------

+Quote Post
kingpatzer
Nov 18 2009, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Nov 7 2009, 06:04 PM) *
hey,

i want to sign in to the mentoring programm! when will the next rounds start???

ditto!

+Quote Post
IronGuitar
Nov 21 2009, 06:31 PM
Hi there everyone... just to ask? Its mandatory to e in consideration of menteee to upload a video.

I want to 8e mented 8y Lian jus tell me how do I do it???

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 3 2009, 05:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
we just missed the december sign in... mellow.gif

second time i dont regognized the right thread.... dry.gif

PLEASE, anybody, write me a message when there is the next open thread for sign in!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 3 2009, 05:54 PM
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 3 2009, 10:30 AM) *
we just missed the december sign in... mellow.gif

second time i dont regognized the right thread.... dry.gif

PLEASE, anybody, write me a message when there is the next open thread for sign in!!!

There's a forum subscription feature that will notify you by email when a new topic is posted in whatever forum(s) you specify. I have a diagram of how to do it (from the collaboration subforum) but the feature works for ANY of the forums on GMC.

I'll see if I can dig up the image in hopes that you'll actually see this response. Here's what it looked like before:

Attached Image

Here's what it looks like now, NOTE: it is UNDER the list of subforums and ABOVE the list of posts in the current forum:

Attached Image

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Dec 3 2009, 05:57 PM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 15 2009, 10:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'd like to be in the next beginner MTP smile.gif

Since I'm going to be in hollidays soon, I'll make many videos (~ 3 REC videos and 1 for this MTP).

If I well understood the next MTP is on the 1st January ?

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Feb 18 2010, 01:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

I'd like to be part of the MTP program too! smile.gif Here's my entrance video:

I demonstrate some of my skills and at the end of the video I tell a lil' bit about myself. During my playing I didn't use a metronome so some parts are off rhythm. I basically improvised everything except the "songwriting" part. Thanks for watching, don't get scared by the bad English. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: Feb 18 2010, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:23 PM