Which Studio Is More "you"?
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2014, 10:21 PM
GMC:er
A.)Attached Image

B.)Attached Image

Why?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 10 2014, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Totally A! I love the looks of having all kinds of gear scattered around like that, and I definitely prefer it over the simplistic look. The ony thing l wanna know is where is that massive mixer going to in that photo!

Todd, I think we need an option C for you wink.gif

C.)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Oct 10 2014, 11:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quantum
Oct 11 2014, 12:22 AM
I would choose the first option, too.

Huge open space, which makes me a lot calmer. A lot of sunlight,
which would keep me fresh and motivated. It won't be just a studio,
but also a great room for guests. I also appreciate nice room designs.

Just imagine what it would look like when you turn off the lights. smile.gif

Greetings,

Dian

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 11 2014, 12:49 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would go with the B option. Looks very clean, modern and simplistic to me.
Creative chaos is ok to me but with so many things around me I might start feeling cluttered over time.
I always feel a relief when I clean my table/room smile.gif Also option B seems to feature much more available space.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
GregH
Oct 11 2014, 02:17 AM
Well, A appears to put the musicians in the same room as the equipment where B is the traditional Control Room / Studio approach. If you want the sound man to hear what he is doing while you record, I would think you would want B. A looks like it is set up more for one person (keyboard right by the mixer) or for the sound engineer who wants to party with the band smile.gif .
If I was working with a band and a sound engineer, then B would be my choice.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 11 2014, 04:00 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 10 2014, 06:49 PM) *
I would go with the B option. Looks very clean, modern and simplistic to me.
Creative chaos is ok to me but with so many things around me I might start feeling cluttered over time.
I always feel a relief when I clean my table/room smile.gif Also option B seems to feature much more available space.

I agree.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 11 2014, 04:35 AM
Some great discussion!! smile.gif I like em both!! But Guess I'm digging the looks and vibe of STUDIO A for Mixing/Mastering and STUDDIO B for TRACKING. In short I want both!!!!!

And I also want the space shuttle taka mentioned!!! But we are almost forgetting about VIDEO!!! WE gotta cut videos too!!! So how about this!!! The guy that owns this home studio has 12 displays setup just for his vid work smile.gif THATS HIS LIVING ROOM!!! He has to be single!!

Attached Image

And then there's this guy, who has a "FETISH" for Near Field Monitors!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 11 2014, 04:39 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 11 2014, 08:13 AM
Learning Tone Master
I will come with a new option (if it's ok smile.gif ) because I prefer something black with obscure lights, simplistic and modern smile.gif
This is how looks my dream studio wink.gif What do you think?

Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Oct 11 2014, 03:29 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 11 2014, 05:29 PM
NICE!! I'm sold smile.gif I vote for this one too!!! Whose is it?

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 11 2014, 03:13 AM) *
I will come with a new option (if it's ok smile.gif ) because I prefer something black with obscure lights, simplistic and modern smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 11 2014, 05:51 PM
I'd take either Todd's A studio or Monica's suggestion!! I like having things to hand whilst working.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 11 2014, 10:30 PM
The 'dark' thing, as cool as it looks in brochures, gets old really fast. Picks get dropped, pedals need to be adjusted, sometimes you need to write something down, etc.

A or B for me.
A if they held a gun to my head but I'd fix the (speaker) monitors issue. *B doesn't look real. Too neat, too posed. Looks like an IKEA ad, though the separate live room is nice to have.

Granted, this is a little extreme but I like some space, some light ... my own table ... and my own 16 ch cue mix.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 12 2014, 07:28 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 12 2014, 06:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 11 2014, 04:29 PM) *
NICE!! I'm sold smile.gif I vote for this one too!!! Whose is it?

I'm glad you like it smile.gif It's at Villa Rockstar, Eden Rock, St. Barths:

http://www.access-stbarth.com/en/accommoda...sic-studio.html

+Quote Post
Osedmen
Oct 12 2014, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 11 2014, 07:13 AM) *

is amazing! i rather make music in the first ! cool!

--------------------
.:: Colombian fingerstyle guitar player ::.

.:: Now available on iTunes - Spotify - Amazon - Deezer - rhapsody and more ! ::.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lone-spirit/id1057969440

https://open.spotify.com/album/2SALF0jTOJgZD57nl3A4QO

.:: Did you watch my first videoclip? ::.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IClzXkQI8E

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2014, 04:05 AM
Now that's a pinch Spartan!! smile.gif But hey, whatever works right!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 11 2014, 05:30 PM) *
The 'dark' thing, as cool as it looks in brochures, gets old really fast. Picks get dropped, pedals need to be adjusted, sometimes you need to write something down, etc.

A or B for me.
A if they held a gun to my head but I'd fix the (speaker) monitors issue. *B doesn't look real. Too neat, too posed. Looks like an IKEA ad, though the separate live room is nice to have.

Granted, this is a little extreme but I like some space, some light ... my own table ... and my own 16 ch cue mix.

Attached Image

Your studio Monica actually reminds me of the EDEN ROCK space a bit. Did you use that as your inspiration when putting yours together? Lighting etc?

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 12 2014, 01:48 AM) *
I'm glad you like it smile.gif It's at Villa Rockstar, Eden Rock, St. Barths:

http://www.access-stbarth.com/en/accommoda...sic-studio.html

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 13 2014, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 12 2014, 08:05 PM) *
Now that's a pinch Spartan!! smile.gif But hey, whatever works right!!

Sort of. That's the live room. The little Mackie mixer really is used as a headphone mix.
Here's the control room ...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 13 2014, 04:48 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 13 2014, 08:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2014, 03:05 AM) *
Your studio Monica actually reminds me of the EDEN ROCK space a bit. Did you use that as your inspiration when putting yours together? Lighting etc?

Yes I did, but I must say that then I didn't have the guts to make in my music room the black walls biggrin.gif Also to catch some more obscure light I put that Christmas red rubber tube around room because inspires and relaxes me.
But you know after I bought this year my photo black background material for videos and I put it on the entire wall (of course after I made "millions" of holes in the ceiling to install a 5m long rail biggrin.gif ) I realized that it looks very nice and it's not creepy smile.gif So, my idea to paint the black walls it's again fresh in my mind smile.gif Now I want to do that but I didn't find until now in my country black washable paint. I still looking but probably I will do the changes in the spring when it will be warm outside.

Anyway at this moment I don't have money for new home changes because I want to buy a new audio interface. This is a priority because my old Line 6 UX2 has some conflicts with Poulin VST and many other small things that were not a problem until now. It's time to up the level for audio interface and after longs searches I chose for Presonus Firestudio Project from many reasons. I hope next month to be able to buy this. It's not so cheap but I think it has a decent price reported at quality wink.gif Also this force me to make some change in PC. Unfortunately all these means a lot of money sad.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Oct 13 2014, 08:26 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2014, 08:58 AM

I say keep going with your studio changes and trust your eye/instinct! smile.gif One thing I"ve done is get some shoji screens and some sound foam and combine them just using the applicator glue that comes with the foam. IT makes a nice portable baffle that also also looks nice smile.gif It's portable and easy to move and doesnt require mounting to the wall which is nice too. Here is an example behind my monitors.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 13 2014, 03:25 AM) *
Yes I did, but I must say that then I didn't have the guts to make in my music room the black walls biggrin.gif Also to catch some more obscure light I put that Christmas red rubber t..y I will do the changes in the spring .I think it has a decent price reported at quality wink.gif Also this force me to make some change in PC. Unfortunately all these means a lot of money sad.gif

So this is your home studio right? smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 12 2014, 11:40 PM) *
Sort of. That's the live room. The little Mackie mixer really is used as a headphone mix.
Here's the control room ...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 13 2014, 08:59 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 13 2014, 09:04 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2014, 12:58 AM) *
So this is your home studio right? smile.gif

laugh.gif ... Not!

That's Sunset Sound/Sound Factory

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 13 2014, 09:05 AM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 13 2014, 11:46 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 13 2014, 09:25 AM) *
Yes I did, but I must say that then I didn't have the guts to make in my music room the black walls biggrin.gif Also to catch some more obscure light I put that Christmas red rubber tube around room because inspires and relaxes me.
But you know after I bought this year my photo black background material for videos and I put it on the entire wall (of course after I made "millions" of holes in the ceiling to install a 5m long rail biggrin.gif ) I realized that it looks very nice and it's not creepy smile.gif So, my idea to paint the black walls it's again fresh in my mind smile.gif Now I want to do that but I didn't find until now in my country black washable paint. I still looking but probably I will do the changes in the spring when it will be warm outside.

Anyway at this moment I don't have money for new home changes because I want to buy a new audio interface. This is a priority because my old Line 6 UX2 has some conflicts with Poulin VST and many other small things that were not a problem until now. It's time to up the level for audio interface and after longs searches I chose for Presonus Firestudio Project from many reasons. I hope next month to be able to buy this. It's not so cheap but I think it has a decent price reported at quality wink.gif Also this force me to make some change in PC. Unfortunately all these means a lot of money sad.gif

I think I remember seeing the photo of your studio room, looks really cool! Painting walls in black sounds really adventurous but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Only the issue might be - how do you take it off if you change your mind?

I have a trusty old UX2 interface and it it showing signs of age now, preamp knobs full of dust, one channel output slightly louder than the other etc. I had this interface for 6+ years and I really love it and still use it. Many don't regard it as a quality interface but I found some really good use for it over the years in many different situations. Presonus interfaces are great and if your computer can support firewire, it sounds like a very nice upgrade.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 13 2014, 06:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2014, 07:58 AM) *
I say keep going with your studio changes and trust your eye/instinct! smile.gif One thing I"ve done is get some shoji screens and some sound foam and combine them just using the applicator glue that comes with the foam. IT makes a nice portable baffle that also also looks nice smile.gif It's portable and easy to move and doesnt require mounting to the wall which is nice too. Here is an example behind my monitors.

Attached Image

You have right looks very nice!! Thanks for sharing this idea smile.gif If it's portable and easy to move, it sounds awesome for me wink.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 13 2014, 10:46 AM) *
I think I remember seeing the photo of your studio room, looks really cool! Painting walls in black sounds really adventurous but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Only the issue might be - how do you take it off if you change your mind?

I have a trusty old UX2 interface and it it showing signs of age now, preamp knobs full of dust, one channel output slightly louder than the other etc. I had this interface for 6+ years and I really love it and still use it. Many don't regard it as a quality interface but I found some really good use for it over the years in many different situations. Presonus interfaces are great and if your computer can support firewire, it sounds like a very nice upgrade.

This is a very good question smile.gif I guess will not be so easy but I am counting on the fact that usually, I don't change my tastes very often. But probably if I will wish to change the colour I will ask myself where was my mind when I chose to paint the walls black biggrin.gif

I also liked very much UX2 and I truly believe that was a good choice and very useful for me these years. Also the quality of recording was very good and I can't complain about this. I'm sure that if I didn't have right now some issues with it, I would not had thought to buy another interface. But beside all these conflicts with Poulin VST, are days when the sound is suddenly cut and my PC can't see the interface installed. Also in the last month my instrument channel started to have a lower signal (low volume). If I reinstall again the UX2 for couple of days everything works fine, but after that the problems appear again.

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Oct 13 2014, 06:41 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 PM