2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gear As Art Challenge Contest, Can't Vote For Yourself :)
Todd Simpson
Aug 28 2019, 06:54 PM
GMC:er
CONTEST RULES smile.gif
1.)You CAN'T Vote for yourself
2.)A "Set" of Picks is your choice of any two. These are the entire stock that reamin.
3.)Contest will be closed to new entries once e have more than a few to consider
3.)No Limits on what you can door use
--------------------
I hereby Challenge any GMCer to make an Artistic Vision of their own gear. Use any medium you like. This is my "Artistic Vision" of my pedal board. The Winner of this Challenge will win a hyper rare and no longer in production set of VONHOTCH guitar picks. You may have heard the instructors gushing over these picks. I have all of the remaining production units. Get creative!!!!!
Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 5 2019, 12:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 28 2019, 07:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
When's the closing date Todd?
Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 28 2019, 08:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2019, 02:16 AM
It's open ended so far as we have no entries smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 28 2019, 02:25 PM) *
When's the closing date Todd?
Cheers

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 29 2019, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 28 2019, 05:54 PM) *
I hereby Challenge any GMCer to make an Artistic Vision of their own gear. Use any medium you like. This is my "Artistic Vision" of my pedal board. The Winner of this Challenge will win a hyper rare and no longer in production set of VONHOTCH guitar picks. You may have heard the instructors gushing over these picks. I have all of the remaining production units. Get creative!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

That's a one way to motivate lazy me to organize my guitar rig! Your board looks nice in this art but iirc, you stopped using boxes for the sake of modelling unit?

Are these the infamous sexy alu picks? If so, I'll give it my best smile.gif

This post has been edited by Adam: Aug 29 2019, 03:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2019, 11:03 PM
I still have my pedal board! smile.gif I used to have two full pedal boards. I kept one and I keep adding to it smile.gif I still love pedals and love my pedal board. It's more about experimenting with tones and finding inspiration than anything else. I have a few new pedals that I"m going to make videos for. I got the accoustic simulator and cab loader from hotone as well as a audio interface from hotone that's small enough to fit on my pedal board. I've beceome a bit fan of hotone products over the years partially due to how economical they are. I'm able to trade a couple of pedals and get something new to try out every few weeks at local music shops. I love making gear vids and I love eperimenting with new gear smile.gif So I'll probably always have a pedal board and it will always be in constant flux.

Yes, these are the legendary Aircraft Aluminum picks that were hand made by our own VONHOTCH. Kris still uses them as well. String traverse is a breeze with these and they honestly making alternate picking much easier.

Todd
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 29 2019, 10:00 AM) *
That's a one way to motivate lazy me to organize my guitar rig! Your board looks nice in this art but iirc, you stopped using boxes for the sake of modelling unit?

Are these the infamous sexy alu picks? If so, I'll give it my best smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 1 2019, 07:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 29 2019, 10:03 PM) *
I still have my pedal board! smile.gif I used to have two full pedal boards. I kept one and I keep adding to it smile.gif I still love pedals and love my pedal board. It's more about experimenting with tones and finding inspiration than anything else. I have a few new pedals that I"m going to make videos for. I got the accoustic simulator and cab loader from hotone as well as a audio interface from hotone that's small enough to fit on my pedal board. I've beceome a bit fan of hotone products over the years partially due to how economical they are. I'm able to trade a couple of pedals and get something new to try out every few weeks at local music shops. I love making gear vids and I love eperimenting with new gear smile.gif So I'll probably always have a pedal board and it will always be in constant flux.

Yes, these are the legendary Aircraft Aluminum picks that were hand made by our own VONHOTCH. Kris still uses them as well. String traverse is a breeze with these and they honestly making alternate picking much easier.

Todd

Awesome! I'd say experimenting and trying out gear is as much fun as playing guitar but it's a dangerous thing for collectors like me because I keep buying but not re-selling smile.gif
I'll submit mine this week, around Thursday.

This post has been edited by Adam: Sep 1 2019, 07:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 1 2019, 07:36 PM
My idea was too grand, I'd need to do it in the garden and would be very tricky sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 2 2019, 01:49 AM
All you gotta do is take a photo with your phone and put a filter on it smile.gif That's all I did. So far I'm the only entry, so any entry from you would great.
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 1 2019, 02:36 PM) *
My idea was too grand, I'd need to do it in the garden and would be very tricky sad.gif

Looking foward to it smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 1 2019, 02:05 PM) *
Awesome! I'd say experimenting and trying out gear is as much fun as playing guitar but it's a dangerous thing for collectors like me because I keep buying but not re-selling smile.gif
I'll submit mine this week, around Thursday.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 2 2019, 07:34 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 2 2019, 12:49 AM) *
All you gotta do is take a photo with your phone and put a filter on it smile.gif That's all I did. So far I'm the only entry, so any entry from you would great.

Todd

Yeah I know but my pedal board is a Helix LT, my guitars are spread along a wall and a rack and I have two amps so nothing like a few pedals like your pic. I was going to put all of my guitars in a circle on the floor and take the headstocks as the centre of the universe or something like that.

I have come up with another couple of ideas now though. Are we only allowed one entry?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 2 2019, 05:43 PM
Dude smile.gif It's just taking a picture of some bit of kit, and adding a filter. You can take a pic of your fave guitar. I think you are massively over thinking this. Grab your phone, take a pic of your helix if you you like, add a filter in instagram or some app, there are tons of them and share the pic here smile.gif It's really that simple. I used a free app called prizma. I took the pic in the dark with no flash and it was horrible. Added a filter and bam! art

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 2 2019, 02:34 AM) *
Yeah I know but my pedal board is a Helix LT, my guitars are spread along a wall and a rack and I have two amps so nothing like a few pedals like your pic. I was going to put all of my guitars in a circle on the floor and take the headstocks as the centre of the universe or something like that.

I have come up with another couple of ideas now though. Are we only allowed one entry?

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 2 2019, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 2 2019, 06:55 PM
I over think everything buddy rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 2 2019, 07:09 PM
Not too original as I just used a phone camera filter ...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 2 2019, 07:45 PM
As it's a Von Hotch comp wink.gif

Todd, I think voting should be added when all pics are in for the sake of fairness and I say this after I voted for myself laugh.gif wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 2 2019, 08:45 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 2 2019, 07:46 PM
Outstanding Phil!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 2 2019, 07:56 PM
Thanks buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 3 2019, 12:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 2 2019, 06:45 PM) *

Todd, I think voting should be added when all pics are in for the sake of fairness and I say this after I voted for myself laugh.gif wink.gif

Looks great! Is this the cat's eye type of sheet? Looks like one but I have no idea how you got these colors biggrin.gif

My thing just arrived but I need to clean it first. SHould be ready around Thursday as I said before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 3 2019, 12:38 PM
I don't know what is called, I found it in my wife's office at home, I'll post the original when the competition is over wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2019, 03:51 PM
You get the pick of your choice for being the first one with the stones and gumption to actually put it in submission. Well done. Let me know which pick you like and I'll send it out. PM me. WE HAVE OUR FIRST WINNER!!!!

Tod

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 2 2019, 02:09 PM) *
Not too original as I just used a phone camera filter ...

Attached Image

There ya go!!! See? was that so hard? Looks great!!!! IT's exactly what I was hoping for. i didn't realize you already had some vonhotch picks? How many do you have? Which ones? i didn't know you collected them? Did you get them from me or von?

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 2 2019, 02:45 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 4 2019, 03:55 PM
Thanks Todd,

I only have two, that one and one with the holes drilled in a kind of crucifix pattern. I got them from Von. Would be nice to have the full set though. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

I thought I ws going to be the first but as I was composing my shot, Ken went and submitted his mad.gif laugh.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 4 2019, 04:02 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 5 2019, 12:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Here's mine smile.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:28 AM