Tuning Knob Is Weird!
Taka Perry
Mar 17 2014, 11:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey everyone,

I've got a performance VERY soon on my acoustic guitar, and just today, my low E string tuning peg has been doing weird stuff.

When I tighten it, it gets sharper, but when it reaches around a D#, it seems to drop back down to C, and then its just this repeated. Is there someone who has had this problem before?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
jstcrsn
Mar 17 2014, 11:43 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Mar 17 2014, 11:30 AM) *
Hey everyone,

I've got a performance VERY soon on my acoustic guitar, and just today, my low E string tuning peg has been doing weird stuff.

When I tighten it, it gets sharper, but when it reaches around a D#, it seems to drop back down to C, and then its just this repeated. Is there someone who has had this problem before?

time for a new one

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 17 2014, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Probably the gear inside is broken. Unfortunately there is no other option then the replacement

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 17 2014, 03:16 PM
GMC:er
What Darius said.

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 17 2014, 04:19 PM
Learning Roadie
That happened to me before. Exactly like Darius said. The teeth of your tuning gear wore down, and it's now slipping. They're honestly really cheap to replace. In fact it was so cheap; the guy at the store just gave it to me. I still bought a pack of strings. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 17 2014, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
You can squeeze the screws a bit but this isn't a real fix, it will loosen again sooner or later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 19 2014, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Buy a set of new tuners - jin-ho is a best choice from the cheapest. They will probably surve You forever and You won't feel any pain of cost...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:23 AM