4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
What Else If Not Guitar?
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2012, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Sep 9 2012, 02:11 AM) *
Well I would say Drums, but I played drums before playing guitar..

Whats really cool with drums, is that you don't have to learn anything. If you listen to music, with a bit of logic you can play it. No need to learn chords or things like that, it's amazing, an a really cool instrument smile.gif

but you need a bigger space to practice and when gigging and you can't afford a technician or you will NEVER find what you need at the venue, even if you have sent a tech rider. Well, then you think 'MAN HOW I WISH I WAS A VOCALIST' laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 9 2012, 07:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 9 2012, 03:52 PM) *
but you need a bigger space to practice and when gigging and you can't afford a technician or you will NEVER find what you need at the venue, even if you have sent a tech rider. Well, then you think 'MAN HOW I WISH I WAS A VOCALIST' laugh.gif

Haha. Yeah, just keep down sizing and down sizing until you stop playing anything altogether and become a promoter instead !! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 10 2012, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 9 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Haha. Yeah, just keep down sizing and down sizing until you stop playing anything altogether and become a promoter instead !! biggrin.gif

Speaking of being a promoter, I was just having this discussion last night - there are big mainstream rock bands here, not doing anything to help out or promote the young bands, just because they are afraid they will lose their audience to the young blood - can you imagine that? I was stating that I SURE HOPE I won't grow DOWN to be like that, if I ever become a successful musician.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 10 2012, 07:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sax, keys and drums
I'm dusting off my keyboard as some of our songs could use keys but wer're currently a 3 piece band so I need to switch between guitar and keys while singing. I've come to appreciate a lot of other instruments on stage the more I've been performing.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 10 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 10 2012, 07:11 AM) *
Speaking of being a promoter, I was just having this discussion last night - there are big mainstream rock bands here, not doing anything to help out or promote the young bands, just because they are afraid they will lose their audience to the young blood - can you imagine that? I was stating that I SURE HOPE I won't grow DOWN to be like that, if I ever become a successful musician.

Hmm, I don't see why these big bands should worry about having some of these younger acts out on tour with them. Unless you're Black Sabbath and you invite Van Halen to open for you in 1979 !! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:58 AM