About me!
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2006, 07:48 PM
GMC Founder
Since things are going a bit slow here - I thought I might give it a shot... smile.gif

name: Kristofer Dahl

likes: Guitar, fishing, come up with new ideas and challenges

disslikes: Monotomy, repetition (how is it possible I have been practicing with a metronome half my life??!! >:< )

Favorite guitarist: Joe Bonammassa, Greg Koch (that's just for now)

Gear: hm.. let me look. Parker guitar, Strat Deluxe, Peavey triple X amp, Pod, Boss BR-600 (just got it and I believe its gonna be great for the site), those are my main workhorses...

Would like to learn the following: New solo techniques + to sing.

Did I miss some important aspect? Help me out!

/Kris smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
pazazin10
Jun 16 2006, 05:51 AM
GMC:er
Hi all,
I'm Joe

I have a few favorite guitarists...Yngwie Malmsteen, Synyster Gates, SRV, Clapton, Kristofer Dahl...to name a few

I've been playing guitar for 5 years now..right on, I'm in a ska/reggae/rock/accoustic/everything band.

Aaaand I want to learn everything about the guitar and never stop progressing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 16 2006, 07:19 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (pazazin10)
Hi all,
I'm Joe

I have a few favorite guitarists...Yngwie Malmsteen, Synyster Gates, SRV, Clapton, Kristofer Dahl...to name a few

I've been playing guitar for 5 years now..right on, I'm in a ska/reggae/rock/accoustic/everything band.

Aaaand I want to learn everything about the guitar and never stop progressing.

Welcome to the forum Joe!

Without wanting to show my ignorance to much - who is Synyster Gates?

/Kris

+Quote Post
pazazin10
Jun 17 2006, 10:49 PM
Without wanting to show my ignorance to much - who is Synyster Gates?

He's one of the lead guitarists from avenged sevenfold

I just like him because i'm currently infatuated with their cd...

+Quote Post
Molgan
Jun 19 2006, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Anton and i just got masterclass.

I have been playing guitar for 1 year now and my favorite guitarists are Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Scott Gorham from Thin lizzy.

nice work on the site chris biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 19 2006, 08:28 PM
GMC Founder
Welcome Anton!! biggrin.gif

Unnecessary fact: My very first name is actually Anton... :shock )

+Quote Post
roballen
Jun 20 2006, 09:09 AM
lol hey everyone
this site is gona be biiiig, i can feel it!
i'm rob from wimbledon in london
i like fishing too.. although i've only ever caught one fish and almost fell in :shock

Fave guitarisits : Synyster Gates and his dual solos, the guys in Cream and hendrix
Fave solo atm: nuno bettencourt's extreme rest in peace *thanks kris!*

+Quote Post
roballen
Jun 20 2006, 09:13 AM
oh and i started learning guitar after hearing Al Stewart's 'Year of the Cat', for some reason that tune really stuck although i've turned into a metalhead since! :wink:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2006, 05:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (roballen)
lol hey everyone
this site is gona be biiiig, i can feel it!
i'm rob from wimbledon in london
i like fishing too.. although i've only ever caught one fish and almost fell in :shock

Fave guitarisits : Synyster Gates and his dual solos, the guys in Cream and hendrix
Fave solo atm: nuno bettencourt's extreme rest in peace *thanks kris!*

Hello Roballen,

Welcome to the Guitar Masterclass. I hope you will enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,

Kristofer Dahl

+Quote Post
Solo You Cant He...
Jun 23 2006, 02:32 PM
Hey all! My name is Leo Dunaev and ive been playing guitar for 11 mothns.

Favorite Guitarists: Slash :smoke Kirk Hammet, John Fusciante from RHCP, SRV, Anton Kristofer Dahl tongue.gif, and Yngwie Malmsteen

--------------------
<Lol headbang...many ways you can take that :P>

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jun 24 2006, 04:10 AM
Hey everyone. Im Josh, im 15 and I just got my Maserclass. Within the first 3 hours of having it I am actually a better guitar player than earlier today.

expierece (or lack there of ) a year and a half

hobbies Basketball, watching Boston sports, guitar, music, excercising, wakeboarding

favorite guitarists Vai, SRV, John Frucainte (RHCP), Carlos Santana, Clapton

I hope to be able to "blow away" as Kris calls it, the local guitar center within a year of having Masterclass

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 24 2006, 06:30 PM
GMC Founder
Wellcome Solo You Cant Hear It and redsoxfan92490 !!

/Kris

+Quote Post
Steve
Jun 26 2006, 08:15 AM
I'm new to guitar masterclass. So far I'm having fun with the video lessons. I've been playing seriously for 5 years by july 26. I guess I started progressing when I met an older master of 80's shred and he got me to listen to George Lynch, Vito Bratta, and Yngwie Malmsteen. I started studying classical guitar techniques in college a year ago.
I have a custom shop Charvel guitar I'm anxiously waiting for STILL.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2006, 09:16 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Steve)
I'm new to guitar masterclass. So far I'm having fun with the video lessons. I've been playing seriously for 5 years by july 26. I guess I started progressing when I met an older master of 80's shred and he got me to listen to George Lynch, Vito Bratta, and Yngwie Malmsteen. I started studying classical guitar techniques in college a year ago.
I have a custom shop Charvel guitar I'm anxiously waiting for STILL.

Cheers Steve and Welcome to GMC! biggrin.gif

/Kristofer

+Quote Post
lespaulkevin
Jun 27 2006, 09:59 PM
hi i'm kevin and i'm 16. i have a gibson les paul standard custom shop and a vintage charvel jackson acoustic ( if anyone knows how much a semi decent condistion one would be worth i would appreciate it, sorry don't know the name of the model ) i also just saved up for a vox ac30 which i love. i started when i was six but then i stopped and only played when ever i got the chance. i picked it back up and started getting serious about it when i was in 7th grade, and i'm in 11th now. also i started getting lessons when i was in 7th. i'm currently saving up for a fender stratocaster either a 50s or a 70s i need to try them out. i like to play basketball and also enjoy playing the piano. favorite guitarists are srv, eric johnson, pete townshed, hookah brown, adn dwane allman. i love this and hope to have a great deal of fun biggrin.gif

-Kevin

+Quote Post
MFC
Jun 28 2006, 11:27 PM
Hi there!

---PRE---
I just registered (a couple of hours ago). I just want to want to make it clear that I have been "online" or using the Internet since early 90:s and I have been using different services, visited many sites, pages and documents. I have also come across "pay-this-to-do-that"-sites (of course never paying for those crapy services) but this site is actually the first site that I payed for to use. Why? Because I lack the opportunity to be taught by a pro and this is as close to a guru I get to learn how to play a guitar. What I want to say is that I am glad that Kristofer shares his knowledge and capabilities with the guitar to me because I am as lame as a guitar newbie gets so I hope this site can save me from my own patheticness ;-)
---/PRE---

Thumbs up for the hi-def videos and the easy reading!

Now to myself.

I prefer to call myself MFC (my initials actually).
My gear: Cataluña nylon 3/4 guitar, Ibañez V70CEBK, Ibañez GSA60.

The nylonguitar is actually my daughters but since she isnt interrested in playing it (yet) I borrow it sometimes to play some stuff.

I am 31, father of two and happily and almost married to my girlfriend. I have a banchelors degree in computer science and work as a webmaster at a computer company. I am what most people would call a nerd. I have besides my family a couple of computers of which all are named so we are one BIG happy family.

About a year ago a colleague of mine noticed my fingers where kind of special, they are very, sorry, the word I am looking for is probably EXTREMELY, flexible. My colleague is an ex-musician and he pointed out to me that my fingers where made for playing guitar. I played some piano as a child but never to a degree where I got good at it.
Now at the age of 31 (or 30 as it was then), on the basis of my colleague I decided to see if playing a guitar was something for me. I tried out some guitars at a local store just for the fun of it and I found it quite interresting and figured that I needed something to do besides working with computers all day. Actually I have been looking for some alternative interrests and found none, until now.

So I bought the Ibañes V70CEBK guitar and started playing, I learned some chords, some solos but then my learning curve stopped when I didnt have the time for leveling up my play. Well I am trying to change that now and will try to make my fingers work some more now.

I am quite lousy at playing and my first year hasnt improved my playing much besides some chords and some solos.

I have heard from many guitarrists that having a guru that teaches you that little extra can make all the difference. Well, I dont have a guru to help me so here I am.. hopefully I will get better at playing (better than I am today) with the help of Kristofers guides

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DanielM
Jun 29 2006, 08:53 AM
welcome to the forum. im a computer/guitar person myself and im interested in doing computer science in a year's time when i go to university, but so many courses to choose from :think

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 29 2006, 09:01 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome to the forum MFC - and congrats to the hands!

I have actively chosen to learn most things without a teacher - so I am quite sure you will make if you go for it! biggrin.gif

/Kris

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 29 2006, 09:02 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (lespaulkevin)
hi i'm kevin and i'm 16. i have a gibson les paul standard custom shop and a vintage charvel jackson acoustic ( if anyone knows how much a semi decent condistion one would be worth i would appreciate it, sorry don't know the name of the model ) i also just saved up for a vox ac30 which i love. i started when i was six but then i stopped and only played when ever i got the chance. i picked it back up and started getting serious about it when i was in 7th grade, and i'm in 11th now. also i started getting lessons when i was in 7th. i'm currently saving up for a fender stratocaster either a 50s or a 70s i need to try them out. i like to play basketball and also enjoy playing the piano. favorite guitarists are srv, eric johnson, pete townshed, hookah brown, adn dwane allman. i love this and hope to have a great deal of fun biggrin.gif

-Kevin

Welcome Kevin! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Liam
Jul 8 2006, 01:00 PM
Hello ,

Im Liam .. laugh.gif

Love this site , ive been using it for long time now and I play the guitar for 1,5 year .

So Master Dahl biggrin.gif , how many EURO did that fender strat cost ?? if its not a secret :!: biggrin.gif I have the same . And payed 1440 Euro for it >:<

greetings

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:37 AM