11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Potsau's Bootcamp, Two man enter, one man leaves!
Todd Simpson
Dec 6 2019, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!
QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE YOU FOR BATTLE
*Make sure you get both hands in the shot when shooting your video*Make sure you use a metronome for the first several Missions and that the metronome can be heard.*After you complete a mission, shoot me a PM and let me know it's ready and I'll give you a debrief! These are pass / fail, so if you pass you BADGE UP and if not, I'll give you some feedback and you head in to the breach once again.
*The first several missions are VERY simple. They are just to get you used to the bootcamp process.
*Most importantly, there is NEVER a speed requirement in bootcamp. I want you to push yourself to play as brisk as you can, but NEVER at the expense of precision. If you find you are missing a note here and there, slow down a bit. Speed is just a byproduct of precision so my goal is to make you a very precise player. At that point, speed just happens.
MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SUPER PERFECT!. Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you, no points for speed, only points for playing in a precise manner as speed is simply a byproduct of precision) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. Make sure to EMBED the video by clicking on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face and then you'll get a drop down menu. Click on INSERT YOUTUBE VIDEO and follow the instructions in the Pop Up Menu. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP! You will then proceed to Lesson #2 and so forth. Here is the link to the entire 400 plus Lesson Library. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rtal:Techniques

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!

http://bitly.com/potsausbootcamp
Here is an updated Guitar Pro 5 File of Mission 1
Attached File  Mission_1.gp5 ( 1.9K ) Number of downloads: 3450

Attached Image

Practice!
Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2020, 02:36 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Potsau
Dec 13 2019, 02:07 AM
What? Sounds great. I love it.

Just embed for starting.

Thank u so much.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 6 2019, 12:11 AM) *
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!
QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE YOU FOR BATTLE
*Make sure you get both hands in the shot when shooting your video*Make sure you use a metronome for the first several Missions and that the metronome can be heard.*After you complete a mission, shoot me a PM and let me know it's ready and I'll give you a debrief! These are pass / fail, so if you pass you BADGE UP and if not, I'll give you some feedback and you head in to the breach once again.
*The first several missions are VERY simple. They are just to get you used to the bootcamp process.
*Most importantly, there is NEVER a speed requirement in bootcamp. I want you to push yourself to play as brisk as you can, but NEVER at the expense of precision. If you find you are missing a note here and there, slow down a bit. Speed is just a byproduct of precision so my goal is to make you a very precise player. At that point, speed just happens.
MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SUPER PERFECT!. Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you, no points for speed, only points for playing in a precise manner as speed is simply a byproduct of precision) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. Make sure to EMBED the video by clicking on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face and then you'll get a drop down menu. Click on INSERT YOUTUBE VIDEO and follow the instructions in the Pop Up Menu. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP! You will then proceed to Lesson #2 and so forth. Here is the link to the entire 400 plus Lesson Library. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...rtal:Techniques

Here is the link to your own PRIVATE HOUSE OF PAIN!...Er I mean.. SHRED!

http://bitly.com/potsausbootcamp
Practice!
Sarge

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2019, 06:04 AM
Welcome to the fight Soldier! I like the way rever/delay sounds on a tone as well, bu it makes it harder to grade since the delay covers up mistakes in your playing. Some reverb is fine, just kill the delay. You are doing well here. I That way I can hear you and not the delay. Ok soldier? can see that you start to loose precision a bit when you change strings but we can work on that as we go. Let's review!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
*FORM: You are displaying solid technique here Soldier. keep it up! Muting, clean strikes. Nice!
*TEMPO: Not rushing or lagging, Spiff!
*AGGRESSION: Jumping in with aggressive style!! Score!!
You are ready for what awaits you!

You just ...
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Keep it going!Sarge
QUOTE (Potsau @ Dec 12 2019, 09:07 PM) *
What? Sounds great. I love it.

Just embed for starting.

Thank u so much.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Dec 15 2019, 04:00 AM
🍺🤟🍺

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2019, 12:18 AM
You are ready to move on to MISSION 2! A bit of reverb is fine, just try to cut back on delay since it makes it hard to grade the Mission. Make sense? I love delay smile.gif Just not when trying to judge precision strikes. smile.gif
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Dec 14 2019, 11:00 PM) *
🍺🤟🍺

+Quote Post
Potsau
Dec 19 2019, 10:34 AM
Hi Todd

next is up.

Thx for checking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 19 2019, 11:05 PM
NICE!! These first few Missions are mostly about getting your production process smoothed out and getting you accustomed too the rigors of BOOTCAMP. You are doing a great job! I can see both hands in the frame, which is critical and takes some folks several vids to sort out, I can hear your guitar, also sometimes takes several vids and I can see the metronome. You have a great start here Soldier!!! Let's Debrief!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*FORM: First thing I'm looking for here is good form. You are displaying solid technique here Soldier. keep it up! Muting, hand synch, clean strikes. Nice!
*TEMPO: Second thing I wanna see on Mission 2 is smooth and steady pace. Not rushing or lagging, Score!!
*AGGRESSION: Lastly I wanna see a bit of bloodlust!!! Jumping in with aggressive style for sure!
You are ready for what awaits you!

You just ..
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge
Here is an updated Guitar Pro 5 file for Mission 2 and Pic.
Attached File  Mission_2.gp5 ( 1.69K ) Number of downloads: 901

Attached Image

QUOTE (Potsau @ Dec 19 2019, 05:34 AM) *
Hi Todd

next is up.

Thx for checking.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2020, 02:46 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Dec 20 2019, 12:50 PM
Thx Todd

with your Threat 😅 I see there is a real problem in my right hand technique. But i would hopefully say that I can probably crack the code to insta shred sometimes. See ya next time.
🤟🍺🍺🍺🤟

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2019, 03:29 AM
These Missions are all built to make you ready for the day when you can Shred like a HOLY TERROR. Each one builds on previous work. You are off to a good start! Keep it up!!
Sarge
QUOTE (Potsau @ Dec 20 2019, 07:50 AM) *
Thx Todd

with your Threat 😅 I see there is a real problem in my right hand technique. But i would hopefully say that I can probably crack the code to insta shred sometimes. See ya next time.
🤟🍺🍺🍺🤟

+Quote Post
Potsau
Jan 11 2020, 02:28 PM
Ay Sarge, here is my Status report.

First one 176.
Second. 192.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2020, 06:56 PM
Nice! I can see the metronome in the background so I can tell you are in tight synch with it even though I can't hear it. As long as I can see it I don't really need to hear it. You have the right guitar for this work thats for sure.Nice Ibby!! Your fingers are working their way up as well! Nicely done. Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*PICKING TECHNIQUE: Solid picking technique. The picking is really the core of everything we are going to be doing so it's great to see you have a good handle on it!!!

*MUTING: Without a solid palm mute, all is lost. Your palm mute is spot on and no string noise is escaping. Keep that up!!!!!

*SYNCH: Keeping your right/left hand synch is another crucial part of this. You've got very solid hand synch and you are ready for what's next!!!
You ticked all of the boxes I'm looking for in this mission and played at a precision/speed I really didn't expect. Clearly spending time in the Wood Shed!! You are more than ready for the next Mission.
In other words you just.....

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Sarge
Here is an updated Guitar Pro File for Mission 3 and Tablature Pic.
Attached File  Mission_3.gp5 ( 1.89K ) Number of downloads: 973

Attached Image

QUOTE (Potsau @ Jan 11 2020, 09:28 AM) *
Ay Sarge, here is my Status report.

First one 176.
Second. 192.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2020, 03:01 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Jan 11 2020, 08:52 PM
🤩 great thing thanks Todd. But im feeling very uncomfortable with my right hand. Its like not from the wrist. 😭.

Ibanez Prestige Pcm 180. Slightly Guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2020, 12:19 AM
Your right hand does have a pinch of stiff arm to it. This is a natural response to speeding up. You must focus on the picking hand and try to start picking from the fingers back, instead of from the arm forward. Does that make sense?
Sarge

[
QUOTE (Potsau @ Jan 11 2020, 03:52 PM) *
🤩 great thing thanks Todd. But im feeling very uncomfortable with my right hand. Its like not from the wrist. 😭.

Ibanez Prestige Pcm 180. Slightly Guitar.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Jan 13 2020, 03:39 AM
I see. Thats the problem. Focussing on next mission. thx

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 13 2020, 12:19 AM) *
Your right hand does have a pinch of stiff arm to it. This is a natural response to speeding up. You must focus on the picking hand and try to start picking from the fingers back, instead of from the arm forward. Does that make sense?
Sarge

[

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2020, 08:24 PM
Your playing is improving with each and every Mission. I usually don't see this much improvement this early on in the process to be honest. It's clear that you are putting enough work in to each and every one. This will serve you well as you continue. As you move forward, try to play each drill with just the picking hand and focus entirely on the picking during practice. Just mute all the strings with the left hand. This will feel STRANGE at first. It's part of learning to separate your hands so that you can control both of them at once later one. Sort of how drummers need to learn to separate hands and feet to play properly. It will let you focus on right hand (not stiff arming) while you focus on fretting with the left hand.

Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Jan 12 2020, 10:39 PM) *
I see. Thats the problem. Focussing on next mission. thx

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2020, 04:58 AM
Here is a guitar pro file and pic for Mission 4.
Attached File  4Fix.gp5 ( 2.07K ) Number of downloads: 883
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2020, 03:29 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Jan 19 2020, 06:09 PM
Hi Todd

im already playing no4. Focussing right hand. Need some time to calm down right hand stiffy thing. Got some ache 2days ago.
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2020, 04:58 AM) *
Here is a guitar pro file and pic for Mission 4.

[attachment=49637:4Fix.gp5]
[attachment=49638:4Fix_1.png]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2020, 02:25 AM
It's natural for the body to tense up when one starts to play fast, but, it's important to work through it and get to the point where one can stay relaxed and still play precisely and briskly. smile.gif Isolating the hands helped me. E.G. Only using he picking hand and then only using the fretting hand, then playing with both together.

Tensing up is something that kills endurance as it burns out the arm/hand and it kills precision since one can start to pick all the way from the Elbow which is like trying to to detailed drawing by holding on to a pencil by it's eraser. That said, it hasn't stopped wads of players from adopting the stiff arm style. There are many fine players who simply can't play any other way. However, if at all possible, I do suggest avoiding it smile.gif

It's more important to be able to play in a controlled and relaxed fashion with precision, rather than just gaining a few BPM at the expense of gaining a bad playing habit that's very tough to fix later on.
Todd

QUOTE (Potsau @ Jan 19 2020, 01:09 PM) *
Hi Todd

im already playing no4. Focussing right hand. Need some time to calm down right hand stiffy thing. Got some ache 2days ago.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2020, 03:34 AM
Here is an updated Guitar Pro 5 file for MISSION and tab pic.
Attached File  5Fix.gp5 ( 2.31K ) Number of downloads: 848

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 20 2020, 03:34 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Jan 21 2020, 10:08 AM
Hi Sarge

many work there for Right Hand. Loosin Always Stamina at the whole end. But I can now just trigger my Right Hand to watch out.
Trying to Speed up later. 3 Hours of practising.

This one was some Kind of Challenge.

Therefor I got many problems at the treble part of the Guitar.
10. to 46. Strings

This post has been edited by Potsau: Jan 21 2020, 10:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:09 AM