3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Advanced Bushido Task 2
maharzan
Feb 5 2012, 03:53 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Actually Ben, I tried 150 bpm in the backing track and I was somewhat "able" to do half the solo (which I feel easy) pretty much clean. When I go down the neck in the lower strings is where the problem is. 130 feels easy! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 5 2012, 08:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 5 2012, 02:53 PM) *
Actually Ben, I tried 150 bpm in the backing track and I was somewhat "able" to do half the solo (which I feel easy) pretty much clean. When I go down the neck in the lower strings is where the problem is. 130 feels easy! wink.gif

That sounds good ! How about 140 then ? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 6 2012, 04:31 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I just tried 140 and its coming.. not clean yet but I can pick the whole thing missing notes. need to work on hand sync now. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 7 2012, 04:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here's the 150 bpm take Ben, hope you like this outfit better so I don't have top do that many push-ups this time cool.gif

I know it could be better but I really didn't have that much time this week sad.gif I hope I'll be able to play it full speed one day! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 7 2012, 04:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Feb 7 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Here's the 150 bpm take Ben, hope you like this outfit better so I don't have top do that many push-ups this time cool.gif

I know it could be better but I really didn't have that much time this week sad.gif I hope I'll be able to play it full speed one day! smile.gif

Wow that's fantastic Dino !! cool.gif

You may have some donuts as your reward. I recommend that you take them to a quiet corner of the temple and consume them when no one is looking ph34r.gif

The martial arts Gi definitely added power ! biggrin.gif

P.S. I've noticed how awesome your guitar sounds.. have you got some kind of stereo delay that pans from left to right etc ? It sounds huge and I need to know how you do it !

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 7 2012, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 7 2012, 05:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 7 2012, 04:57 PM) *
Wow that's fantastic Dino !! cool.gif

You may have some donuts as your reward. I recommend that you take them to a quiet corner of the temple and consume them when no one is looking ph34r.gif

The martial arts Gi definitely added power ! biggrin.gif

P.S. I've noticed how awesome your guitar sounds.. have you got some kind of stereo delay that pans from left to right etc ? It sounds huge and I need to know how you do it !

YES DONUTS! From the Master himself! I already ate them biggrin.gif Thanks Ben smile.gif

About the guitar, I use the same good ol' "God's Love" Guitar Rig 4 preset for most of my solos. biggrin.gif Sometimes I tweak it but for this take I left it unchanged. And I assume you mean the "pan" which happens at around 0:21! This was actually automatically done by Guitar Rig, because it lowers the volume when there's too much going on both rhythm-wise and solo-wise biggrin.gif As for the delay, there is a delay and a reverb included in this preset, you should check it out wink.gif

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Feb 7 2012, 05:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 8 2012, 01:18 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Wow Dinaga, stunning. Please share tips on how to accomplish that. I have been struggling. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 8 2012, 01:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 8 2012, 01:18 AM) *
Wow Dinaga, stunning. Please share tips on how to accomplish that. I have been struggling. sad.gif

Hey mate! Believe me, I've been struggling too! It's a hard lesson and this take has mistakes, mostly because my left hand was too tired. sad.gif Actually I wanted to record a better take but I was in a lot of pain and had to call it a quit for the day. My biggest problem is endurance and I had a lot of wrist injuries during this week, because of overplaying this and the insane lessons from my Insane Lessons Hunt topic.

The way I practiced is that I spent 90% of my practice time playing this lesson at 50% to 60% speed. It was sometimes fun and sometimes really boring but it helped me memorize the pentatonic patterns and also gain strength and endurance. The quote "speed is a bi-product of precision" is really true, because I couldn't do this kind of penta-licks before. Especially not with alternate picking! Before this lesson my endurance was a lot weaker and I always used to use the easy way out and play legato with the pentatonic scale. So hail Ben!

As I said, most of the time I played this lesson REALLY slow, and only today I dared to crank it up to 150 bpm which is roughly 85% speed. I made mistakes, but it worked! The hardest part for me (as for you) were the palm-muted notes on the low strings, so I hit those strings harder than the upper ones, because I didn't want them to beat me biggrin.gif

So I think the answer is patience smile.gif I hope this will help you my friend! Best of luck, I'm sure you'll nail it!

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Feb 8 2012, 01:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 8 2012, 02:53 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Dinaga. I could do it at 130 and I was trying at 150 now and then with focus on 140 but then when I went back to 130, I couldn't do it cleanly. I didn't practice it at all yesterday. It was just getting worse. Yep, this one does burn your left hand muscles. I will keep practicing. Thanks for your insights. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 11:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 8 2012, 01:53 AM) *
Thanks Dinaga. I could do it at 130 and I was trying at 150 now and then with focus on 140 but then when I went back to 130, I couldn't do it cleanly. I didn't practice it at all yesterday. It was just getting worse. Yep, this one does burn your left hand muscles. I will keep practicing. Thanks for your insights. smile.gif

Just remember that you once uploaded a take of Extreme Neo Classic at 140bpm which is a major achievement ! Btw, where can I see that again ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 8 2012, 11:58 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I am concluding that speed is the state of mind. I am "serious" most of the time so my mind reacts "slowly" thus the fingers. I need to be excited. biggrin.gif I am really wishing I could do that again..

Progress: I tried 150 today and its coming along. Maybe need few more days to get this clean. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 12:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 8 2012, 10:58 AM) *
I am concluding that speed is the state of mind. I am "serious" most of the time so my mind reacts "slowly" thus the fingers. I need to be excited. biggrin.gif I am really wishing I could do that again..

Progress: I tried 150 today and its coming along. Maybe need few more days to get this clean. smile.gif

That's true.. to play faster you have to think faster, be faster with every fibre of your being..

It's hard to be like that when you haven't warmed up etc.. but after you've been playing for a while and you're in the zone, it's easier to reach that state. smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 8 2012, 08:25 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Feb 7 2012, 06:43 AM) *

Hey Dinaga thats a great take man! Good job and well done cool.gif you are the man! smile.gif

Unfortunately for me my practice time this last week has been severely diminished as I have been pretty busy moving alot of snow around from a couple of storms we had roll through here so I have no take for this task, I got about as far as memorizing the lesson and playing it at about 100bpm last week and then didnt get to practice it much more after that.There were 3 days that I didnt even pick up my guitar, Super Bowl Sunday being one of them.
Sorry Bensei sad.gif hopefully I can make some more practice time for the next task.

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 9 2012, 12:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 8 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Hey Dinaga thats a great take man! Good job and well done cool.gif you are the man! smile.gif

Unfortunately for me my practice time this last week has been severely diminished as I have been pretty busy moving alot of snow around from a couple of storms we had roll through here so I have no take for this task, I got about as far as memorizing the lesson and playing it at about 100bpm last week and then didnt get to practice it much more after that.There were 3 days that I didnt even pick up my guitar, Super Bowl Sunday being one of them.
Sorry Bensei sad.gif hopefully I can make some more practice time for the next task.

Thanks a lot mate for the kind words! smile.gif Really appreciate it. smile.gif
Yeah, snow storms really shook up the world, and it doesn't help finger dexterity either. I guess when you become a guitarist you develop a passion for warmth biggrin.gif I'm really looking forward that we all nail the next Bushido lesson. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 9 2012, 08:31 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Alright Master! Sorry for late submission but I couldn't stop submitting (Its still Wednesday in the Pacific I guess biggrin.gif). Its not yet perfect and I already "gave up". I woke up full of energy today (pretended) and even tried 160bpm ha! Anyways, recorded this at 150bpm and boy aren't my fingers are fast? biggrin.gif

Awesome practice with 2nps!

This post has been edited by maharzan: Feb 9 2012, 08:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 11:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 8 2012, 07:25 PM) *

Yeah I saw the pics of the snow so you're excused wink.gif Although I have to break your hand because of the rules.. nothing personal you understand ph34r.gif

I look forward to seeing more of your high octane playing on the next one !

QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 9 2012, 07:31 AM) *
Alright Master! Sorry for late submission but I couldn't stop submitting (Its still Wednesday in the Pacific I guess biggrin.gif). Its not yet perfect and I already "gave up". I woke up full of energy today (pretended) and even tried 160bpm ha! Anyways, recorded this at 150bpm and boy aren't my fingers are fast? biggrin.gif

Great take Chandra ! smile.gif

That's not bad at all.. I think if you had more time with this lesson you'd have it perfect in no time. Maybe an ongoing project for REC maybe ?

How did you find playing 2 note penta shapes ? Do you think you'll spend more time practising them ?

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 9 2012, 01:08 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I definitely will. Its been a long time I have challenged myself and this one is challenging.. will see how far I can do.

2nps is really really hard compared to 3nps, maybe I am so used to 3nps. Maybe we have to change strings so often it seems to restrict speed as well. I will keep practicing. smile.gif Thanks Ben.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 01:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 9 2012, 12:08 PM) *
2nps is really really hard compared to 3nps, maybe I am so used to 3nps. Maybe we have to change strings so often it seems to restrict speed as well. I will keep practicing. smile.gif Thanks Ben.

Yes, you've explained it well.. all the string changes use up energy and time smile.gif

Task 3 is now available smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry568461

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 9 2012, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 9 2012, 08:31 AM) *

HA! You got it!! Awesome take man, you ROCK! biggrin.gif Best of luck with the next one wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 9 2012, 02:38 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Dinaga. You too. :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:21 AM