Hello From The Uk
Graeme
May 11 2007, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
Hi there!

I am 42 years young and have longed more or less all my life to play guitar but have never tried. It has always seemed too difficult, I have never played any instrument, cannot read music and this has always put me off however, my 14 year old son, unlike me, is very talented musically and already plays guitar, piano, accordian and anything else he can get his hands on. I don't know where he gets it from! So for his 14th Birthday I bought him a White Brian May Red Special guitar and Vox Valvetronics amp and it sounds awesome.

When I bought the guitar, the guy in the shop was setting the guitar up and I said"I wish I could play guitar" and he replied " Why wish - Do it" and I thought yes I should but then I think, I am 42 and have never played a musical instrument in my life - Surely it is impossible to take it up now and learn to play Brian May riffs and solo's? But hey! now I have found this site, I am going to give it a go. It's easy, right?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
May 11 2007, 03:23 PM
Rock Instructor
well it is easy and it is hard

first of all welcome to the family.

and yes this is the best way to learn guitar!!.

and i want to say even if it is not easy it is worth it

Eyal

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 04:26 PM
Playing guitar is a challenge, but challenges are fun, right? smile.gif Its really fun to progress in guitar playing.
Welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 11 2007, 05:06 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Graeme @ May 11 2007, 04:15 PM) *
Surely it is impossible to take it up now and learn to play Brian May riffs and solo's? But hey! now I have found this site, I am going to give it a go. It's easy, right?

That's a great goal already. With lots of practice you'll be working on those riffs pretty soon and I'm confident you will manage eventually.

Compulsory though is to start with the famous riff from Smoke on the water laugh.gif

0 - 3 - 5 - 0 - 3 - 6 - 5 - 0 - 3 - 5 - 3 - 0 Smooooooke... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 11 2007, 06:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome! biggrin.gif I am a fellow Brit, there seems to be a few of us here now! biggrin.gif Do the GMC Beginner lessons and you will never look back. No need to read music untill you feel you are ready for it (something I have taken up as hobby - thanks Andrew blink.gif laugh.gif ) Follow Kris's advice and you will be instantly on the correct track.

Rock on! cool.gif

P.S. On the age subject, we have plenty of members in your age group and they rock!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: May 11 2007, 06:06 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 11 2007, 11:52 PM
Hey Graeme!
I had the same thoughts in December when I bought my guitar. My 14 year old son is lightyears ahead, and keeps accelerating. I'm in no way a guitarist yet, but I've learned faster then I ever thought was possible for me and I can (not play them good but) practice songs I never dreamed of 6 months ago. Much thanks to GMC and the people here. When ever I feel I'm stuck in the development I have so far always found another challenge here to help me move forward again. Browse around, find a lesson that looks fun and keep practicing.

Welcome, have fun!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
warchild
May 12 2007, 04:00 PM
Hello from Northumberland in the UK, my name is WarChild!!! I have just joined Guitar Master Class today the 12th of May 2007!

I'm 45 and been playing the guitar on and off for the last 2 years.

I play with an American Fender 1952 re-issue Ash Telecaster in Honey Blonde. I am strictly a "bedroom" guitarist! I am not in a band!! Don't think I would ever be good enough!! But who knows eh? I have at least signed up to Guitar Master Class!!!!!

Any offers of help would be appreciated, my influences are Blues, Guns n Roses, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bon Jovi, Jimi Hendrix....

Looking forward to what the site can offer me!!

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 12 2007, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Graeme! I see we have more and more guys from UK here!
Have fun and i wish you to master Brian May's stuff as soon as possible! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
finnmccool
May 13 2007, 12:45 AM
QUOTE (Graeme @ May 11 2007, 03:15 PM) *
Hi there!

I am 42 years young and have longed more or less all my life to play guitar but have never tried. It has always seemed too difficult, I have never played any instrument, cannot read music and this has always put me off however, my 14 year old son, unlike me, is very talented musically and already plays guitar, piano, accordian and anything else he can get his hands on. I don't know where he gets it from! So for his 14th Birthday I bought him a White Brian May Red Special guitar and Vox Valvetronics amp and it sounds awesome.

When I bought the guitar, the guy in the shop was setting the guitar up and I said"I wish I could play guitar" and he replied " Why wish - Do it" and I thought yes I should but then I think, I am 42 and have never played a musical instrument in my life - Surely it is impossible to take it up now and learn to play Brian May riffs and solo's? But hey! now I have found this site, I am going to give it a go. It's easy, right?

Hey
Another Graeme!!
I am a few years older at 47............but what the hell!!!!!!
I am Scottish and hell bent on learning some steve vai...played the blues for years and love it but got to move on!! Know some freinds in NI the widemouthfrogs....great band...great musicians...have fun!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:03 PM