7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Had My Tracking Chip Installed
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2021, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 24 2021, 10:56 PM) *
The sooner we can go back to normal the better smile.gif Even as kind of an extreme introvert I'm starting to get a bit sick of it all!

I also enjoyed the lockdown thing... but I have the same feeling now. Can't wait to get back to normal.

It seems that my brother has Covid. My band Ramen is now 3/4, I'm the only one who didn't get the virus. ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 26 2021, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
Very sorry to hear your brother has covid and sad to hear you band got it as well!! We have had more of it in the USA than just about anywhere else sadly. I've managed to avoid it so far as have my remaining family. Also I did get the first shot of my "tracking chip" smile.gif it's the moderna which needs two shot. My prayers go out to you and your band!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2021, 11:49 AM) *
I also enjoyed the lockdown thing... but I have the same feeling now. Can't wait to get back to normal.

It seems that my brother has Covid. My band Ramen is now 3/4, I'm the only one who didn't get the virus. ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 26 2021, 01:07 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2021, 03:49 PM) *

We're all going to catch it eventually but can only hope it won't be painful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 26 2021, 01:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2021, 03:49 PM) *

Sorry to hear about your brother Gab, I knew the drummer had covid some time ago but I didn't know about singer. Has the singer got through it yet?

Hopefully they will get through it, most people of your age group survive. Stay extra safe buddy. I haven't been into my mom's apartment since last March, I meet her outdoors, weather permitting and we walk around the park next to her block.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 26 2021, 12:07 PM) *
We're all going to catch it eventually but can only hope it won't be painful.

Hopefully the vaccine will help many many people survive.

Stay super safe folks. I treat everyone I meet as though they are infected, any parcels are put into my garage for at least four hours if cardboard wrapped, and then only the box is opened and then hands washed before removing the contents. Depending on the day of dispatch the contents could then be left for up to three days, or opened and the contents within that inner packaging are slid out and not touched until hands are washed again. Extreme? Maybe, but this thing is an invisible killer.

Stay extra safe folks.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2021, 02:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 26 2021, 09:35 AM) *
Sorry to hear about your brother Gab, I knew the drummer had covid some time ago but I didn't know about singer. Has the singer got through it yet?

The singer is having some hard times. It's not risky but the symptoms have been very strong. My brother had a softer experience, two days with fever and now he is getting better.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 26 2021, 09:35 AM) *
Hopefully they will get through it, most people of your age group survive. Stay extra safe buddy. I haven't been into my mom's apartment since last March, I meet her outdoors, weather permitting and we walk around the park next to her block.

Well done! I hope that you can get back to her apartment and have a great time soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2021, 05:45 AM
I started having brief blackouts for about 3 days after my first shot. It was odd. Brain would shut off in mid sentence and I didn't know it was happening. Evidently some folks have odd reactions to various versions of it.

Sadly, it is looking like we may have to get a NEW COVID SHOT EVERY YEAR FROM NOW ON. Yup, forever and ever just like the flu shot.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 26 2021, 09:14 AM) *
The singer is having some hard times. It's not risky but the symptoms have been very strong. My brother had a softer experience, two days with fever and now he is getting better.

Well done! I hope that you can get back to her apartment and have a great time soon.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 27 2021, 02:06 PM
You okay now buddy?

Here they're saying we will have to have a booster this winter and possibly having a sit every six months.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 27 2021, 04:45 AM) *
I started having brief blackouts for about 3 days after my first shot. It was odd. Brain would shut off in mid sentence and I didn't know it was happening. Evidently some folks have odd reactions to various versions of it.

Sadly, it is looking like we may have to get a NEW COVID SHOT EVERY YEAR FROM NOW ON. Yup, forever and ever just like the flu shot.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 27 2021, 02:12 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 27 2021, 01:06 PM) *
Here they're saying we will have to have a booster this winter and possibly having a sit every six months.

I read last week a study in Denmark, people who went through covid still had an average 87% of their antibodies remaining after 8-9 months. This is good news as with the vaccines their protective period might surpass 6 months to even 9 or more.

It's still new so my guess is probably after summer it will be clear how often we'll have to get vaccinated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 27 2021, 06:34 PM
My wife had her second shot two days ago (community college prof).
Slight ill affects but nothing debilitating: headache, low grade fever, a little nausea.
Hasn't stopped her from doing anything.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2021, 08:25 PM
All good now wink.gif Evidently folks react differently to different versions of it. I had the Moderna. some folks have no side effects at all. For most folks it's very mild if at all. Some states here are opening up to just about anyone. I'm glad to see that we are finally getting some traction with the vaccine. Finally!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 27 2021, 09:06 AM) *
You okay now buddy?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 27 2021, 09:02 PM
My wife had hers on Thursday morning, we were a little concerned because she had the AstraZeneca one which a lot of people report bad side effects for a couple of days but she's had none at all smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2021, 04:40 AM
Very glad to hear she got the jab and that there were no side effects!! We have been seeing on the news that the UK has had a rough go with the new strain going around. There was a big lockdown going I think? is that over now?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 27 2021, 04:02 PM) *
My wife had hers on Thursday morning, we were a little concerned because she had the AstraZeneca one which a lot of people report bad side effects for a couple of days but she's had none at all smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 29 2021, 07:34 AM
The first stage of lockdown easing is today. Still quite strict but a slight easing of rules.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2021, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Nice to read some good news here guys! We are a bit scared now in Argentina... the second wave is getting closer... our neighbor countries Brazil, Uruguay and Chile are living their worst days... We didn't have tourism since December but Argentinians could go everywhere and get back.

Now all the flights from Chile, México and Brazil are suspended since the las weekend. I hope that this helps to avoid the new mutations expand. (however they are already here)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2021, 09:54 AM
I have heard that BRAZIL is in a very bad way. The hospitals are all full, numbers are rising every day, new strains are killing people right and left, the inflation is killing the economy, etc. Very bad news. sad.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 29 2021, 09:31 AM) *
Nice to read some good news here guys! We are a bit scared now in Argentina... the second wave is getting closer... our neighbor countries Brazil, Uruguay and Chile are living their worst days... We didn't have tourism since December but Argentinians could go everywhere and get back.

Now all the flights from Chile, México and Brazil are suspended since the las weekend. I hope that this helps to avoid the new mutations expand. (however they are already here)

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 31 2021, 02:56 PM
The mutations are here too in the US and our infamous "Spring Break" is upon us. Lets see if we can avoid or minimize a 4th wave - ?

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 16 2021, 02:07 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Stacie and I got our 2nd vaccination today. So far we are both just feeling kind of tired, although Stacie said she felt a little dizzy for a moment. So far, so good.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2021, 02:19 AM
Egad, please no not the fourth wave. I am hoping that is just news folks tryin to pump ratings. i keep seeing bits about it on the news and keep hoping it's all just hype. We have had enough. Surely folks will not just give up on safety and go nuts on spring break? Well, then again. Young people. they just might go nuts on spring break and we might have a bit surge up in cases. Uggh. Hoping for the best. I believe people are smart and can look out for themselves and each other. I have to believe that the world wants to take care of itself.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 31 2021, 09:56 AM) *
The mutations are here too in the US and our infamous "Spring Break" is upon us. Lets see if we can avoid or minimize a 4th wave - ?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2021, 10:21 PM
Still feeling a bit awful after my second shot. I don't remember the first one being quite this bad. It's only been a couple of days so I'm sure it will smooth out. Bit of fever, bit of chills, headache body ache. uggh.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 18 2021, 07:36 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Update after vaccinations. Our nurse informed us when we went in, that in most cases the reactions are worse after the 2nd vaccination and that was the case for Stacie and I. On the day after, we both experienced tiredness, body aches and occasional nausea and our arms were sore again. My reactions were fairly mild but it was worse for Stacie. Her arm was more sore than after the first shot and was a bit bruised looking and slightly swollen and she stayed in bed for most of the day due to the other symptoms. We both still felt a bit run down and achy with occasional nausea on the 2nd day after the shots but were feeling better overall, and by the 3rd day (today) we are pretty much back to normal, although Stacie's arm is still just a bit sore.
To help with the reactions to the vaccinations, our nurse told us to be sure and drink plenty of water afterwards.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Apr 18 2021, 07:57 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:40 PM