A Lesson in Life-Read Me, kinda upset while typing this but - Read
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 26 2007, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
Well i just had a baskettball game. I play for my church it was the St. Anthonys Red team vs the St.Anthonys white. My team ( the st.anthonys red teams ) had already clinched are division and are next game was a playoff one. The other team had nothing to lose and was just playing for bragging rights. Final seconds of the game, and i got fouled. I go to the foulline and i miss both shots.. The score remains 48-47 in favor of the white team. I could have won or tied the game but i missed. Victory was on the tip of my tongue and i missed. Was kinda like a foul shot in life. Besides the fact that the refs were terrible and that that we had plenty other oppurtunities to win. I take some of the blame. After the game though i relized something on the way home. Sometimes you need to lose, to gather the strength to win. All of my love was playing in the background by Led Zepplin and it just made me relize this. 5 months ago i looked at some of the freelick solos and kris took my breath away and i said " I could never do that". A week later i could play almost all of the Sweet Child of Mine solo with flawless perfection. My team is now entering the playoffs and i think that , that game is gonna push me harder to win the next game this tuesday. This very lesson can be applied to anything. A job that looks out of reach, a solo that seems to hard to touch. A girl that looks like she would never want anything to do with you . ANYTHING. Sometimes you need to lose to gain the strength to want to win

-John

proof of this for all you struggling guitarists - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuSihWz7LlQ

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Feb 26 2007, 12:13 AM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Robin
Feb 26 2007, 02:29 PM
Very true! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 26 2007, 05:25 PM
Rock Instructor
man i belive god is good to us, and sometime we don't understand why things happen like this. but then he shows you the reaon an it is all become clear.

i had a teriable day today and i am sad also, but the mature way you took it make me reliase i should do the same ,

cherrs and i am sure next week it will be better

Eyal

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 26 2007, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Man you don't have to be so depressed about that! Shit happens all the way during the life so forget about it! The main thing is how your team handled your missing. I mean did they say you suck in basketball because you missed the most important shot of the game or they just told you to forget about it?

It will happen many many times. If we do something at home - it looks perfect and you can play something perfect - you get onto stage and you screw up the most simple piece of a solo - it's no big deal. It's just our nerves that make us mistake. You were very excited at that moment and you knew you MUST NOT miss - in this kind of moments we usually screw up! So forget about it!

Same goes to music and all the stuff. So just through it out of your mind and keep on playing basketball and practicing and next time you are winning for sure! wink.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 26 2007, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 26 2007, 09:01 AM) *
Man you don't have to be so depressed about that! Shit happens all the way during the life so forget about it! The main thing is how your team handled your missing. I mean did they say you suck in basketball because you missed the most important shot of the game or they just told you to forget about it?

It will happen many many times. If we do something at home - it looks perfect and you can play something perfect - you get onto stage and you screw up the most simple piece of a solo - it's no big deal. It's just our nerves that make us mistake. You were very excited at that moment and you knew you MUST NOT miss - in this kind of moments we usually screw up! So forget about it!

Same goes to music and all the stuff. So just through it out of your mind and keep on playing basketball and practicing and next time you are winning for sure! wink.gif

Yeah the more i thought about it im just like, who cares were in the playoffs and there not so its not like it mattered. And it was a 1and 1 shot and if i made the first one to tie it i could have made another for the lead. But i missed the first so yeah. But its behind me just wanted to prove a point. Be sure to check out that video of a kid playing stairway to heaven. If he can play guitar like that YOU CAN TO.

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 26 2007, 09:04 PM
Rock Instructor
i say the next time you will post in this fourm , you will tell us how you won the playoff.

as for me i relaised my problemes becomes really small when i look on the bigger picture.

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
26dpj
Feb 26 2007, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Feb 25 2007, 11:11 PM) *
Well i just had a baskettball game. I play for my church it was the St. Anthonys Red team vs the St.Anthonys white. My team ( the st.anthonys red teams ) had already clinched are division and are next game was a playoff one. The other team had nothing to lose and was just playing for bragging rights. Final seconds of the game, and i got fouled. I go to the foulline and i miss both shots.. The score remains 48-47 in favor of the white team. I could have won or tied the game but i missed. Victory was on the tip of my tongue and i missed. Was kinda like a foul shot in life. Besides the fact that the refs were terrible and that that we had plenty other oppurtunities to win. I take some of the blame. After the game though i relized something on the way home. Sometimes you need to lose, to gather the strength to win. All of my love was playing in the background by Led Zepplin and it just made me relize this. 5 months ago i looked at some of the freelick solos and kris took my breath away and i said " I could never do that". A week later i could play almost all of the Sweet Child of Mine solo with flawless perfection. My team is now entering the playoffs and i think that , that game is gonna push me harder to win the next game this tuesday. This very lesson can be applied to anything. A job that looks out of reach, a solo that seems to hard to touch. A girl that looks like she would never want anything to do with you . ANYTHING. Sometimes you need to lose to gain the strength to want to win
-John
proof of this for all you struggling guitarists - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuSihWz7LlQ

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 26 2007, 09:10 PM
hey man you're only 14 and you should feel lucky that all you have to worry about is losing in basketball... when you can't pay your bills cause you lost your job because of cut backs or your only mode of transportation to your dead end job breaks down in the middle of traffic and costs tons to fix and you can't afford it or worrying about if you're gonna be able to afford to eat tomorrow... thats really being worried... i've been there and it sucks and i'm sure theres other guys in here that have been in the same boat... i wish all i had to worry about was getting good grades, wondering if a girl likes me, what i'm gonna wear to school tomorrow, what your friends are doing, how you're going to do in your next basketball game... enjoy it while it lasts bud! and i mean that...

take this game with a grain of salt... don't stress over things like that... you're gonna have to deal with a lot worse things later in life... but definitely keep the positive outlook on life! it's necessary to survive!

nate

btw - good luck in your next game

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 26 2007, 10:21 PM
thanks buck, ik my problem may seem light compared to others problems and i relize that. When that time finally comes where i get a job ( which i need for a 360 , gotta sell my nintendo wii "any takers ?" ) and i finally get a car and it breaks down in the worst possible situation, Ill be sure to make a nice topic on here about it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 26 2007, 10:26 PM
why you dumpin the wii??? it's the shat man... have you downloaded any classic games? by the way my 360's been serviced more times than charlie sheen.

--------------------
See profile for gear...

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 26 2007, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (buckjones @ Feb 26 2007, 01:26 PM) *
why you dumpin the wii??? it's the shat man... have you downloaded any classic games? by the way my 360's been serviced more times than charlie sheen.

lol ik man i love the wii but i dont love any of the games out for it. Zelda- thought it was boring. Madden-Fun but boring after awhile. And Gears of War on Xbox live- Easily best game out. And they got halo 3 coming out so. Yeah. Wonder how much i can get for my wii.

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Feb 27 2007, 12:25 AM
QUOTE (buckjones @ Feb 26 2007, 04:26 PM) *

lol.. every game review always comes out like (xBox - 9.2, Playstation - 8.9, wii - 2)

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 27 2007, 12:51 AM
i'm not much of a gamer but the 360 has some excellent games and the wii has all the old school games from when i was growing up...

but yeah the regular games for the wii suck so bad...

--------------------
See profile for gear...

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 28 2007, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (buckjones @ Feb 26 2007, 03:51 PM) *
i'm not much of a gamer but the 360 has some excellent games and the wii has all the old school games from when i was growing up...

but yeah the regular games for the wii suck so bad...

Exactly. I like classic games but not as much as i like bloody, knife, gun , bomb, hand to hand combat smile.gif smile.gif

Anyways my team had are game yesterday. But i left school early with what appeared to be a bad headache. Ended up throwing up and didnt play in the game that night. The score was 67-36 in favor of the opposing team. But they had from what i was told a black guy that was over 6 feet tall and could get rim so tongue.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 8 2007, 05:11 AM
I consider it very normal to mourn over losses in basketball.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 8 2007, 07:37 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 7 2007, 08:11 PM) *
I consider it very normal to mourn over losses in basketball.

Yeah its the only sport i REALLY take seriously. Besides Cheerleading. ( Jk) tongue.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 19 2007, 10:40 PM
that kids amazing!!holy crap!i cant even play that song.kind of humiliating actually....lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:51 PM