3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Gitarrero's Bootcamp, Enter as Private and Leave as a Master Chief Shredder!
Todd Simpson
May 5 2012, 06:17 PM
GMC:er
HERE IS A DIRECT LINK TO YOUR BOOTCAMP! http://bitly.com/Gitarrerosbootcamp

Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 5 2012, 06:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 5 2012, 07:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
SIR YES SIR!!

I shall use this as my warm-up for tonight's video chat wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 6 2012, 05:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd!

As I am having a lazy sunday I thought: "why not practice in front of the TV?"

As I was getting in a flow I just got my laptop and recorded the final lick of yesterday's chat (at 200 bpm) and the first assignment (at an easy 200 bpm as well). For the assignment, the speed was pretty easy, so I'll crank the speed up within the next few days smile.gif

As I was saying, I was sitting in front of the TV, so my position is not the best for serious shredding laugh.gif

Soundwise, I used you TH1 patch...I disabled the two noisegates you implemented and I think the sound rocks!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2012, 04:09 AM
I practice in front of the TV and to a Movie or what not quite often. Once I have something down in terms of form, it's in need of WADS of repetition to burn in to the brain. So I"ll put on a movie and run a scale a few hundred times. Keep in mind you can't let your form drift! But it does help to distract the brain enough that tedium doesn't set in. Nicely done on the last lesson bit too! On to the Mission Debrief!

Well played! Your First Mission is an overall success, but before we can give you your first mission badge......

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Consistent strikes, Nice!
2.)Consistent Tempo, also Nice!

Here is where half your squad got killed.

PURPLE HEART
1.)String traverse: It's hard, believe me I know. But just like in the end of the demo video, make some fret changes and show you can "Stick the Landing!" When shifting between strings and trying to maintain consistent speed/strike, any flaws will show up in a big way. The good news is, it's fixed with some more running of the bit.

So try one more pass and add in some

*String Traverse
*Faster Speed
*Double Picking
*Fret changes (skip from 5 to 12 for example.)

In short, WELL DONE BUT YOUR NOT DONE YET! Take another pass at this one and focus on string traverse and higher frets as those are hard sometimes, Shoot one more Vid and SLAY THE ENEMY!

FIGHT! I mean, PRACTICE!
Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 6 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Hey Todd!

As I am having a lazy sunday I thought: "why not practice in front of the TV?"

As I was getting in a flow I just got my laptop and recorded the final lick of yesterday's chat (at 200 bpm) and the first assignment (at an easy 200 bpm as well). For the assignment, the speed was pretty easy, so I'll crank the speed up within the next few days smile.gif

As I was saying, I was sitting in front of the TV, so my position is not the best for serious shredding laugh.gif

Soundwise, I used you TH1 patch...I disabled the two noisegates you implemented and I think the sound rocks!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 9 2012, 08:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd!

Here we go again laugh.gif
I increased the speed to 240 bpm, walked up the neck a bit and throw in some string traversing. But, how should I double pick this, since I am kinda quadruple picking the lick? biggrin.gif

Anyway, here it is. Notice the shirt laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2012, 03:40 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 9 2012, 03:14 PM) *
Hey Todd!

Here we go again laugh.gif
I increased the speed to 240 bpm, walked up the neck a bit and throw in some string traversing. But, how should I double pick this, since I am kinda quadruple picking the lick? biggrin.gif

Anyway, here it is. Notice the shirt laugh.gif

Take another look at Video 1, about 1:20 in to and try to hit roughly that speed if possible. If you play at the speed in the first vid you submitted, cutting the picking in half to "doubles" will get your left and right hand working about where I"m wanting them. I hit 160 BPM in the First Vid but go back and play along with that vid and you'll see what I'm talking about. The pick rate is much faster than you may be thinking. And I almost put a Mission Badge up after seeing that AMAZING Shirt! But, Private Git the video is set to "PRIVATE" so I can't see it! A small mission glitch, just set it in between public and private so that folks with the link or embed can see it.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 10 2012, 04:05 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 10 2012, 05:51 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
my bad! I always upload these videos as private ones and then switch to "not listed" so that my channel isn't full of recs and other practice videos, but visitors only see my lessons and collabs.
Changed it now, so you should be able to see it!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2012, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 10 2012, 12:51 AM) *
my bad! I always upload these videos as private ones and then switch to "not listed" so that my channel isn't full of recs and other practice videos, but visitors only see my lessons and collabs.
Changed it now, so you should be able to see it!

MISSION DEBRIEF: BACK IN THE BLUT!!!!!

Much better and very tight! However, PRIVATE GIT YOU CAN PLAY FASTER THAN THAT AND I KNOW IT! This is your first Mission Badge Soldier! PUSH IT!!!!!!!! smile.gif I know how hard you have worked on your picking over the past year, and it shows! Very clean, very tight! Put a bit more speed on it and let it serve as testament to perseverance!

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2012, 09:38 PM
Soldier you are on a MISSION! smile.gif Actually several MISSIONS. As you complete one mission/lesson, start on the next! So Do one Lesson/Mission at at time, making a video example for each workout in a given lesson. If there are four examples, then you have to master all four and make videos so it gets CRAZY hard later on. For now, there are mostly one example per lesson. So start on your next!

All of the lessons/Missions are listed at the bottom of this page in the wiki! Get Moving Solider!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...-_Shred_Journey

Todd

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 16 2012, 07:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Private G reporting back for duty (after being MIA for a couple of weeks wink.gif )

I recorded lessons 1 and 2 today, back to back, at 100 bpm. Double picked the first lesson, had some trouble finding into the beat and keeping it, but I pushed, like you wanted biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2012, 12:50 AM
WELL PLAYED SOLDIER! [/b]

First I NICE SHIRT! , Second, Great Tone! Third, YOU NAILED IT! Plenty of speed, precision and overall AGRESSION! I can feel you are pushing it!

You just made two levels up in one Video! YOUR RAWK!

Attached Image

On to the next Mission Soldier!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 18 2012, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 18 2012, 08:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Private G is on a killing spree!

Here is my take for mission 3 at 150 bpm. I tried it at 160 bpm too, but it was too messy to upload it.
And just for the fun, I played it on the E and A string as well, going down the neck again. That was the hardest part.

Here we go!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 18 2012, 08:18 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2012, 04:35 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 18 2012, 03:18 PM) *
Private G is on a killing spree!

Here is my take for mission 3 at 150 bpm. I tried it at 160 bpm too, but it was too messy to upload it.
And just for the fun, I played it on the E and A string as well, going down the neck again. That was the hardest part.

Here we go!

CONGRATULATIONS SOLDIER! YOU NAILED IT! THE ENEMY ARE ALL DEAD!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Consistent strikes, Nice!
2.)Consistent Tempo, also Nice!
3.)Palm Mute in place and not driftin at all, Nice!
4.)Impressive speed!

You know what this means! PROMOTION! Hold your head high Soldier! You are climbing the ranks!

Attached Image

On to MISSION 4 Soldier! NO MERCY!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 20 2012, 04:36 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 20 2012, 08:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Private G is back biggrin.gif

I recorded mission 4 at 200 bpm, a few glitches, but I let you be the judge of that wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 22 2012, 07:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd,

on to mission 5 and 6! I recorded mission 5 at 110 bpm, mission 6 at 130. I was pushing it both times, and the video is blurry cause I practiced in front of the TV (The Simpsons was on, so I thought I'd practice for the bootcamp laugh.gif ) and was too lazy to get decent light wink.gif

Also, you might wanna check Ben's Demon Slayer collab thread, I used some of the tapping stuff in my take.

And please check my new song with the X-Orcism plugin, there's an extra thread for it.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2012, 05:27 AM
SOLDIER! Well done on having the stones to TACKLE A DOUBLE! But I can't see them as they are PRIVATE! ARGGHHHG! I had my listening ears on and speakers up full blast to hear every detail. I didn't want to dissapoint the neighbors now that it's midnight so I played your new composition at full volume in stead. I think they liked it as nobody called the police!

P.S. That is the BEST SHIRT I"VE EVER SEEEN!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 22 2012, 02:06 PM) *
Hey Todd,

on to mission 5 and 6! I recorded mission 5 at 110 bpm, mission 6 at 130. I was pushing it both times, and the video is blurry cause I practiced in front of the TV (The Simpsons was on, so I thought I'd practice for the bootcamp laugh.gif ) and was too lazy to get decent light wink.gif

Also, you might wanna check Ben's Demon Slayer collab thread, I used some of the tapping stuff in my take.

And please check my new song with the X-Orcism plugin, there's an extra thread for it.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 23 2012, 05:28 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2012, 02:31 AM
SOLDIER! These are good takes and I can tell you've put some practice in! I hate to be overly picky but I think you may be using my patch with one of the noise gates up a bit high as it's cutting off some bits of your playing. I take the blame for gating the snot out of the patch more often than not. I think your playing everything really well, it's just some notes are getting killed it seems by the gate so I can't hear them. Can you trim back the gate and use palm muting for the staccato effect instead?

You are inches from the next MISSION BADGE soldier! One Last Push TO DESTROY THE ENEMY!!!!!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 22 2012, 02:06 PM) *
Hey Todd,

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 24 2012, 01:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd,

here are the new takes, I went for the Alexa patch this time and as you can hear at the beginning and the end, I cranked the noisegate back quite a bit biggrin.gif
Plus I added a little silly bonus at the end of the second video...couldn't help it after saturday's chat wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2012, 02:43 AM
Well fought Soldier! Also, I"m digging the way the ALEXA patch is sounding on your Ibby! Spiff! I must say. As for the Mission, ALL ENEMY ARE REPORTED AS VANQUISHED! smile.gif NIce!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1)Clean Strikes
2.)Brisk Speed
3.)Aggressive style!

PROMOTED!!!!!!

Attached Image

I"ll review your next mission once this mission badge has had a minute to sink in to your chest!

T

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 24 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Hey Todd,

here are the new takes, I went for the Alexa patch this time and as you can hear at the beginning and the end, I cranked the noisegate back quite a bit biggrin.gif
Plus I added a little silly bonus at the end of the second video...couldn't help it after saturday's chat wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 2 2012, 04:49 AM
Time for your MISSION 6 DEBRIEF SOLDIER!

Let me say Soldier that I can hear the blood/sweat/tears that went in to your practice! This is not an easy Mission. YOU"VE CRUSHED IT!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Nice Palm Mute!
3.)Good Speed!
4.)Aggressive Style!

Here you go Soldier, PROMOTED! And I believe this puts you as the TOP RANKING SOLDIER!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 24 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Hey Todd,

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:36 PM