4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Underrated Guitarists
FretDancer69
Nov 11 2007, 02:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 10 2007, 04:19 AM) *
Avril Lavigne wink.gif

And dont forget Hilary Duff!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 11 2007, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Nov 10 2007, 08:12 PM) *
And dont forget Hilary Duff!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This thread is going to Hell.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 07:51 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Eternal Abyss me thinks?

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 13 2007, 11:11 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 10 2007, 07:13 PM) *
This thread is going to Hell.

lmao laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

mellow.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Proman1
Nov 13 2007, 06:01 PM
Hey all, another noob "here" but not to the music scene !!

For my first post on this site I will vote for David T. Chastain as the most underrated guitarist.. Has anyone heard the original '80's "Chastain" lineup with Leather Leone on vocals... Their first couple albums are total balls out rocking and shredding.. check it out...

Chastain-Rulers Of The Wasteland
Chastain-The 7th Of Never
Chastain-Voice Of The Cult

This post has been edited by Proman1: Nov 13 2007, 06:03 PM

+Quote Post
man0mule
Nov 20 2007, 07:30 PM
Mick Thompson and James Root of Slipknot
Kim Thayil - Soundgarden
Billy Corgan - Smashing Pumpkins
Mike McCready - Pearl Jam
Dean DeLeo - Stone Temple Pilots
Kevin Shields - My Bloody Valentine
Jerry Cantrell - Alice In Chains
Duane Allman and Dickey Betts - Allman Brothers Band

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Nov 20 2007, 07:40 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Chris Poland (original megadeth lead guy) never gets enough respect for me the guy is phenominal and my other fave is Alex Skolnick from Testament but no one seems to give him much credit either!

--------------------

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 21 2007, 01:20 AM
Jason Becker for sure, he was a great guitarist and is less known due to Lou Gehrig's disease but he still would have blossomed in to one of the best guitarists of all time.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 21 2007, 04:07 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (swingline @ Nov 20 2007, 04:20 PM) *
Jason Becker for sure, he was a great guitarist and is less known due to Lou Gehrig's disease but he still would have blossomed in to one of the best guitarists of all time.

Jason Becker is a true musician, played for the music, and played his heart out, im sad to hear what happened to him, its maked me cry sad.gif

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 21 2007, 06:31 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 20 2007, 07:07 PM) *
Jason Becker is a true musician, played for the music, and played his heart out, im sad to hear what happened to him, its maked me cry sad.gif

Yea man its brutal, the guy was the best of the best, and now he can't even talk. Its a shame how the best of many things get shot down so quickly.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 06:41 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Oct 26 2007, 03:23 AM) *
Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold. idk i don't care for Avenged but im looking at some of his stuff and its pritty intence.

and for my 200th post, i will address my favorite band.... SYN IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 21 2007, 05:17 PM
Two that I think of that are underrated are:

Angus Young - AC/DC
Dave Mustaine - Megadeth

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 23 2007, 01:00 AM
I vote for Corgan as well.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 23 2007, 01:17 AM
I don't know about you guys but at my school Synyster Gates is looked at as a god, whenever I mention Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, Kirk Hammett ect. they say that they suck compared to him. I don't even think he's that great, he's good but not on the same level as any of the before mentioned guitarists.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 23 2007, 01:53 AM
QUOTE (Alex Lewis @ Nov 20 2007, 01:40 PM) *
Chris Poland (original megadeth lead guy) never gets enough respect for me the guy is phenominal and my other fave is Alex Skolnick from Testament but no one seems to give him much credit either!

Poland is a good example of a underrated guitarist.I love his work on Peace Sell's and in my opinion he is the best lead guitarist megadeth has had

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 23 2007, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Nov 11 2007, 04:12 AM) *

You guys forgot Lindsay Lohan in the movie "Freaky Friday"!!!
blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 23 2007, 01:59 AM
QUOTE (Gen @ Nov 22 2007, 06:56 PM) *
You guys forgot Lindsay Lohan in the movie "Freaky Friday"!!!
blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

And her mom too!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif remember she played with the band tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 23 2007, 02:02 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Nov 23 2007, 03:59 AM) *
And her mom too!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif remember she played with the band tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Dang, how could i have forgot that, Jamie lee curtis is an awesome guitar player aswell laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 23 2007, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 22 2007, 07:53 PM) *
Poland is a good example of a underrated guitarist.I love his work on Peace Sell's and in my opinion he is the best lead guitarist megadeth has had

I think Marty was the best guitarist Megadeth has had.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 23 2007, 07:44 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Nov 23 2007, 01:17 AM) *
I don't know about you guys but at my school Synyster Gates is looked at as a god, whenever I mention Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, Kirk Hammett ect. they say that they suck compared to him. I don't even think he's that great, he's good but not on the same level as any of the before mentioned guitarists.

Sad to hear about such ignorance...

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:05 AM