4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Underrated Guitarists
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 29 2007, 05:18 AM
GMC:er
Chuck Schuldiner RIP

Legend

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 29 2007, 12:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
God bless chuck.

I miss him so much sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 8 2007, 02:11 AM
Yes, he was amazing.

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Dec 8 2007, 05:12 AM
billy corgan from the smashing pumpkins.

matt bellamy from muse. (i know he gets attention, but he is REALLY good)

that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 8 2007, 05:22 AM
David Shankle

Ex-Manowar, DSG guitarist. Incredible shredder.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=79921930

+Quote Post
buckjones
Dec 8 2007, 05:33 AM
QUOTE (spdalton @ Nov 10 2007, 05:10 AM) *
Pearl Jam!
Mike McCready, their awesome solo guitarist always manages to capture the perfect mood of the song in his solos.

^ Good to see him on there and I totally agree he just fits with Eddie Vedder for totally grabbing the mood and working with it... A very underrated band in general...

Also, I saw Synyster Gates on here a hell of a lot of times and most definitely one of the best current metal shredders out there. His work on Waking the Fallen is amazing totally amazing!!!

The Young brothers of AC/DC were perfect for each other some of the greatest riffs came from them...

George Harrison... The overlooked Beatle. Gotta give respect... I mean his best friend was Eric Clapton...

And always overlooked is Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine. I'm distraught that nobody has said anything about him. This guy is phenomenal in what he can do with a guitar. Very unorthodox!!!

And of course all the rest of the guitarists you guys have mentioned totally deserve to be on here!!!

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 8 2007, 05:45 AM
QUOTE (buckjones @ Dec 7 2007, 11:33 PM) *
^ Good to see him on there and I totally agree he just fits with Eddie Vedder for totally grabbing the mood and working with it... A very underrated band in general...

Also, I saw Synyster Gates on here a hell of a lot of times and most definitely one of the best current metal shredders out there. His work on Waking the Fallen is amazing totally amazing!!!

The Young brothers of AC/DC were perfect for each other some of the greatest riffs came from them...

George Harrison... The overlooked Beatle. Gotta give respect... I mean his best friend was Eric Clapton...

And always overlooked is Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine. I'm distraught that nobody has said anything about him. This guy is phenomenal in what he can do with a guitar. Very unorthodox!!!

And of course all the rest of the guitarists you guys have mentioned totally deserve to be on here!!!

Great entry, I totally agree.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 8 2007, 11:40 PM
Mark Tremonti & Miles Kennedy - Alter Bridge

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 9 2007, 01:14 AM
Muhammed Suicmez - Necrophagist

One of the cleanest rhythm and lead players I've ever heard, silly stuff.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 9 2007, 02:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Agree 100%.

When i bought Necrophagists albums, i was absolutely floored by the lead playing, Muhammad is a true virtuoso.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 21 2012, 03:06 PM
David T. Chastain. that guy is Epicly Underrated.
Can't believe that guy who recorded 50 albums is mentioned 3 times on Guitar site sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2012, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 21 2012, 11:06 AM) *
David T. Chastain. that guy is Epicly Underrated.
Can't believe that guy who recorded 50 albums is mentioned 3 times on Guitar site sad.gif

I know his name but I have never listened to him... it's weird. Maybe the problem is that he needs more promotion of something....

Let's share his music!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 21 2012, 08:12 PM
he has female fronted vocalist band Same named, and also plays in some blues, country bands

he has old instructional video - Progressive METAL GUITAR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2012, 09:35 PM
Instructor
I didn't know about that female fronted band.. I will check it, thanks!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Spock
Jan 14 2013, 03:18 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 26 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Well I've said it before but Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac deserves a lot more credit IMHO.

DITTO on Lindsey Buckingham. He's a great song-writer too.

I guess my favorite unrecognized guitarists are Michael Wilton of Queensryche (he always seemed to take back seat to DeGarmo) and also Adam Jones of Tool. Even though Jones isn't a shredder, when it comes to writing style and rhythm, to me, he does everything right, and next to Alex Lifeson is probably my main influence.

Oh yea and one more is Mike Einziger of Incubus - he incorporates a lot of jazz influenced stuff, and I'm not much on jazz but the way he presents it I love.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2013, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jan 14 2013, 11:18 AM) *
DITTO on Lindsey Buckingham. He's a great song-writer too.

I guess my favorite unrecognized guitarists are Michael Wilton of Queensryche (he always seemed to take back seat to DeGarmo) and also Adam Jones of Tool. Even though Jones isn't a shredder, when it comes to writing style and rhythm, to me, he does everything right, and next to Alex Lifeson is probably my main influence.

Oh yea and one more is Mike Einziger of Incubus - he incorporates a lot of jazz influenced stuff, and I'm not much on jazz but the way he presents it I love.

Great two additions! Mike by Incubus and Adam by Tool.
I will add two from Argentina that should be more known in the whole world!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jan 14 2013, 04:21 PM
Theory Instructor
I know he gets some props, but I always felt that Greg Howe was underrated. That guy can shred, play jazz, fusion, you name it. Killer chops, great tone, sweet licks. All around solid player.

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 16 2013, 04:29 PM
Member here Bossie made me think about the semi-forgotten or under-rated players.

Rory Gallagher
Tommy Bolin
Michael Bloomfield
'Fast' Eddie Clarke (Fastway)
'Unknown' John Clark (Bill Bruford)
Terry Kath (Chicago)
Elliott Easton (the Cars)
Richard Lloyd (Television)
Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter (Alice Cooper, Lou Reed)
Earl Hooker (John Lee's Cousin - incredible slide player!)
Jesse Johnson
Ian Moore
Jimmy Vaughan (SRV's older bro)
Andy Fairweather Low (session guy, England generally)
Bruce Conti (T.O.P.)
Al McKay (E.W.F.)
Trevor Rabin

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:36 AM