2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Crying For Ballad Collaboration, UPLOADS & COMMENTS
Sensible Jones
Dec 31 2009, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 31 2009, 05:45 PM) *
Very cool Jonesy, I like the way you build melodies, they tell a story! smile.gif

Wow! Thanks for THAT compliment!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 31 2009, 08:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's my take Ivan, done in the 11'th hour as usual, I haven't got the time until today. You will find nothing fancy here, just some slow notes, since I dont wanna destroy the background... smile.gif

Recorded with Ibanez AM 200 with Hex pickup and Roland VG-99 (Ballad preset) + some reverb added...
(Now You can review the VG-99 as well.... tongue.gif )

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 1 2010, 12:06 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey Ivan, thanks for the kind words man, I really enjoyed this backing of yours. smile.gif It felt very "dramatic" to me and although I didn't quite achieve exactly what I wanted to do with it, I am still pleased. More so now that I've read your comments. Keep up the great work here at GMC and you'll see me in future collabs of yours for sure! cool.gif

Cheers mate and Happy New Year!
Steve

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 1 2010, 03:56 AM
GMC:er
I was sitting around looking for something to play. I know it is too late but it was fun to jam to so it works for me. biggrin.gif

Attached File  Cry_Leedbreak_BT.mp3 ( 345.62K ) Number of downloads: 182

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2010, 09:53 PM
Instructor
Hey leedbreak, very nice take! smile.gif

I will give you some general impressions, since the collab is over:

Rhythmically I think you played good, but also didn't quite managed to make a good flow with the solo. Some sharp pauses and non-articulated passages contributed to that.
Melody was quite nice, and there is a nice development, however I think you should pay attention to the notes outside the scale when using them. It's very tricky to use outside notes to make them sound effective, usually the minor 7th to major 7th (in minor scale it would be minor 2nd-major2nd) slide/hammer on works well when, and similar examples. So, try to use outside notes only as ghosted ones, or very carefully, not in runs and specially not over scales that contain highly dissonant notes.
Technique used is pretty good, everything is played nicely, however, I think the sound could be a bit better, the guitar doesn't cut through enough, and there is a bit too much space I think.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:20 PM