Video-ing Practice Time, Anyone do it?
PosterBoy
Dec 21 2011, 12:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Often we know what we're meant to be doing, and what correct technique is, but so busy playing it's hard to notice where we go wrong or why we are struggling to get to the next level/bpm etc.

A real life teacher is sometimes no more than an observer, that can just be a pair of eyes and ears to point things out. Especially with online resources like GMC.

So with this in mind I'm going to start video-ing my practices, I can then review things, and if I have the camera feed on my screen while I'm playing it might also help train me to stop staring at the fretboard all the time I'm playing (it's not the greatest way to build rapport or connect with an audience after all)

I can also upload it here to get another few opinions too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 21 2011, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Keep us posted if you this works well. I might have to try it. unsure.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2011, 04:47 PM
Instructor
This is a great decision man! This will help you a lot to improve. I agree with your thoughts about this. Practising in front of a mirror is also useful.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 21 2011, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Yes, very often lately!Testing my camera with various color profiles, and also controlling the facial grimaces that I don't like laugh.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 21 2011, 10:59 PM
Instructor
I started rehearsing with members on GMC video chat, so these sessions are recorded.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2011, 02:01 AM
Instructor
that is a really good thing to do imo, Also recording audio as well

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 22 2011, 03:40 AM
Instructor
Good idea. I've made some recordings of myself and put some on youtube. I had to do a lot of takes before I had one that I was comfortable sharing with others. It's very good to watch yourself and look at your form and watch for bad habits.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 23 2011, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Man, I totally agree smile.gif having a 'mirror' of any kind (physical mirror or camera) is always a good idea. When I rehearse with Aria, we record our sessions so that we may listen, look and correct what we do not like!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2011, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Yes, this is a very good idea. Although I don't film my practices I used to spend a lot of time looking at my hand positions in the mirror !!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 23 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Man, I totally agree smile.gif having a 'mirror' of any kind (physical mirror or camera) is always a good idea. When I rehearse with Aria, we record our sessions so that we may listen, look and correct what we do not like!

I read that Megadeth often filmed their rehearsals too, and Dave Mustaine noticed loads of things that they were playing wrong !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:19 PM