> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Gitarrero - Bluesy Metallica, lesson by Zsolt
Gitarrero - Bluesy Metallica
Gitarrero - Bluesy Metallica
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Gitarrero
Sep 25 2010, 11:33 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,

I decided to record this lesson because I recently changed my pick-holding position (to the side of my index finger) and want to get used to it when playing different styles. I also want to improve my bending (which tneds to be out of tune), so I chose this bluesy lesson by Zsolt.
Original lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bluesy-Metallica/

Recorded with an Ibanez guitar, a V-amp 3 and a webcam.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 27 2010, 05:00 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Sep 26 2010, 04:17 PM
GMC:er
I think you played it nicely.
There are some minor phrasing issues that I'm sure you will master by practice, and listening.
I suggest you in musical situations like this, to bend the thicker strings ( low 'E', 'A' and 'D' ) downwards, because it's more easy and you have more place on the fretboard to bend them.
You can hear in Zsolt's playing at 00:04 that he plays tha bluesy bending lick with staccato. It means that you shouldn't let the note ring, but mute it right after it rings. Therefore you can make a some kind of rythmical contrast which would sound better in this particular riff.

All in all goo job!
I hope it helped,
Cheers smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 27 2010, 10:58 AM
Jazz Instructor
8, very good! I think there were some minor bending issues, nothing that important!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Sep 27 2010, 01:30 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I completely agree with Mate. After the bending part, pay attention to the pull-off to G, make it sound more smoother. If you bend downwards, it should come out more natural.

I'd also use more gain, or your volume knob might be half way. I'd also try and hit the strings a bit harder.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 27 2010, 03:04 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
solid 8 man!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:03 AM