Mercuriall Preamps (free Plugins)
Socky42
Sep 25 2013, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/pvdhp/mercuriall-harlequin-and-nrr-1

https://soundcloud.com/diminalbantov/mercuriall-jcm800-preamp-v1-0

Stumbled on these crazy realistic sounding pre-amp plugins, very cpu intensive though. I'm sure people like Todd will love this.

You can get them from http://mercuriall.iks.ru/ but it's a REALLY slow website. laugh.gif

It's just one guy making them, so be sure to check out the site if you can.

Found some dropbox mirrors for it though.

Harlequin Preamp
Windows 64-bit VST
Mac AU

JCM800 Preamp
Widnows 64-bit VST
Mac AU

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks!! I'm always up for checking out some new amp plugins wink.gif And these come in .AU which means us MACINTOSH folks can use them!!

Todd

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Sep 25 2013, 03:08 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/pvdhp/mercuriall-harlequin-and-nrr-1

https://soundcloud.com/diminalbantov/mercuriall-jcm800-preamp-v1-0

Stumbled on these crazy realistic sounding pre-amp plugins, very cpu intensive though. I'm sure people like Todd will love this.

You can get them from http://mercuriall.iks.ru/ but it's a REALLY slow website. laugh.gif

It's just one guy making them, so be sure to check out the site if you can.

Found some dropbox mirrors for it though.

Harlequin Preamp
Windows 64-bit VST
Mac AU

JCM800 Preamp
Widnows 64-bit VST
Mac AU

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 1 2013, 03:26 PM
I really like the sound of these. I haven't got to play with them too much, but I think they really sound good. Thanks for the links.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2013, 07:15 AM
I gave them a shot and so far I'm not as in to them as I thought I'd be just because it seems you need two bits running, the preamp and the separate cab sim? Unless I"m just doing it wrong which is certainly possible smile.gif I do like the price though!!! Also, if you want to add FX, you need do that separately as well, so stacking up quite a bit per channel and taxing the CPU a bit is just part of the deal.

I know beggers/choosers and all that, and they are free. Reminds me of the Lepou plugins which I ended up not digging for sorta the same reasons. What's handy about plugins like amplitude/pod farm/overloud/S-gear is that they combine preamp/cab sim/fx in to one handy interface and you can save one preset that defines all the variables. Of course many of those are not free which is a bummer. However, the basic version of AMPLITUDE is entirely free as is the basic version of Guitar Rig!

Still, this is impressive given that it's just one guy doing the whole thing and doing it just for the love of making a good sim!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 8 2013, 03:48 PM
I kind of like being able to stack a bunch of different things together like that. Finding some new impulse and a new reverb plugin or whatever, and mix and matching. Of course I have yet to really nail down a great tone so maybe having too many options is bad also. smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 2 2013, 06:15 AM) *
I gave them a shot and so far I'm not as in to them as I thought I'd be just because it seems you need two bits running, the preamp and the separate cab sim? Unless I"m just doing it wrong which is certainly possible smile.gif I do like the price though!!! Also, if you want to add FX, you need do that separately as well, so stacking up quite a bit per channel and taxing the CPU a bit is just part of the deal.

I know beggers/choosers and all that, and they are free. Reminds me of the Lepou plugins which I ended up not digging for sorta the same reasons. What's handy about plugins like amplitude/pod farm/overloud/S-gear is that they combine preamp/cab sim/fx in to one handy interface and you can save one preset that defines all the variables. Of course many of those are not free which is a bummer. However, the basic version of AMPLITUDE is entirely free as is the basic version of Guitar Rig!

Still, this is impressive given that it's just one guy doing the whole thing and doing it just for the love of making a good sim!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2013, 05:26 PM
Instructor
Cool! That first sample sound very powerful, I like it. Even your mix/mastering sounds very powerful. What did you used? Just some compression?

I'm not very into the software world since I always use my Pod HD500 connected to my computer to record demos and compose GMC lessons. But I wonder when software plugging will be a better option than my Line 6 unit. The advantage that I find with my external unit is that I don't use computer processor for my guitar sound and I can dedicate it to other plug ins for mix, mastering and even for virtual instruments.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 PM