Record Speed Guitar, seems official
Smikey2006
Aug 2 2008, 01:32 PM
GMC:er
This site is full of ads and stuff so i apoligize but it seems to be an official video of the worlds fastest guitarist.. i have no idea who it is but perhaps someone in the community knows

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-ca&...ot_en-ca_m_1317

320BPM biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
fkalich
Aug 2 2008, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 2 2008, 07:32 AM) *
This site is full of ads and stuff so i apoligize but it seems to be an official video of the worlds fastest guitarist.. i have no idea who it is but perhaps someone in the community knows

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-ca&...ot_en-ca_m_1317

320BPM biggrin.gif

I don't agree. As there are no empirical quality standards set for those competing in this pissing match, the judgment is necessarily subjective. I disqualify him based on the crap criteria.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 2 2008, 02:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
This video has been posted about 4 times in the last week here. Too bad it's fake smile.gif

The guitarist is Tiago Della Vega by the way.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 2 2008, 02:28 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 2 2008, 02:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Is there any proof it's a fake? I think it probably is but I can't work out why. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 2 2008, 03:23 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Aug 2 2008, 08:34 AM) *
Is there any proof it's a fake? I think it probably is but I can't work out why. smile.gif

what's to fake? sure it's real, just fast tremolo picking, whats the big deal?

Here he is at 20% speed.Attached File  fastCrap2.wav.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 217

Listen to Marcus or Muris playing complex patterns at speed, slowed down. You hear these things called articulated notes and note groups. You can't even hear notes when this clown plays at 170, much less his supposed 320 level.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 2 2008, 04:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 2 2008, 09:28 AM) *
This video has been posted about 4 times in the last week here. Too bad it's fake smile.gif

The guitarist is Tiago Della Vega by the way.

It does look fake to me. The way his head moves, it just looks like it is fast forwarded. Also, when the guy in the back with the papers and microphone moves, it looks like he moved slowly so when it was fast forwarded, it looked like he was moving at normal speed. I don't know...it just didn't look right. Like others said too...the notes sounded terrible.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Mark.
Aug 2 2008, 04:34 PM
I dont think its fast forward seems to be real to me, also I don't think that it's strange to not hear every note clear at 320 bpm; cause it are 320 (bpm ) x 4 ( 16th notes that he plays) / 60 ( seconds in a min ) = 21,333 notes per second, it's impossible for the human ear to hear each note when they are played so fast. Thats why it becomes a kinda buzzing sound and that's why it's called flight of the bumble bee laugh.gif
Also when he plays it at 170 bpm it doesnt sound really clear because he mutes all the notes, it would be like impossible to play it without other strings ringing at 320bpm if he doesn't mute the notes.

This post has been edited by Mark.: Aug 2 2008, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 2 2008, 04:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'll repeat myself wink.gif

Someone over at petrucciforum.com slowed down the video. He only plays 15 notes with his hands, but there's 20 notes coming out...hmmm...

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 2 2008, 04:35 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mark.
Aug 2 2008, 04:38 PM
Well because he plays it so fast his fingers barely seem to move, economy of motion. The faster you are playing the less your fingers seem to move, he probably lifts them like a couple of mm from the strings. Also it's chromatic so that makes your fingers seem to move less even more. So even slowed down it would be difficult to see how much notes he plays.

This post has been edited by Mark.: Aug 2 2008, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Aug 2 2008, 04:58 PM
Fake or not, it sounds like junk...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 2 2008, 05:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif yeah, why not a speed record. I don't see why people are complaining, it's not about music, it's about speed and as I see it - just for fun biggrin.gif
Just as silly as speed talking, but that's rather fun too bucause it's so silly http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=CNyuf17C6Gs

Or backwards talking http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=TooG6d21PZw biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 3 2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 2 2008, 06:23 PM) *
laugh.gif yeah, why not a speed record. I don't see why people are complaining, it's not about music, it's about speed and as I see it - just for fun biggrin.gif
Just as silly as speed talking, but that's rather fun too bucause it's so silly http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=CNyuf17C6Gs

That was great laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 3 2008, 10:55 AM
Instructor
I didn't see this video !!! haha, I don't know if it's amazing, curious, funny or something else tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 3 2008, 10:56 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 2 2008, 06:23 PM) *

The backwards talking was pretty hilarius laugh.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 3 2008, 11:56 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 2 2008, 11:23 AM) *

We are not complaining. Just calling it low brow entertainment. And not worthy of respect. And not fun for us.

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Aug 3 2008, 12:13 PM
Instructor
if it's not fake is amazing biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Aug 7 2008, 12:35 AM
Instructor
... dry.gif I think it's a fake...if not...I think he can fly like a real bumblebee by moving up and down his fingers laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 7 2008, 01:46 AM
Fake or not. What´s the point in playing like that? Just for being on Guiness it´s ok, but apart from that it´s totally useless...

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 7 2008, 10:05 AM
Instructor
hehe very amusing to watch laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 7 2008, 10:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 2 2008, 05:23 PM) *

hahhaa, that's sooo funny laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:39 PM