> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2020, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Great job here!!

Your latin jam sounds cool!! The first name that came to mind while listening is obviously Santana. That's why I would like to suggest working a bit more on phrasing, articulation and rhythm. His vibrato can also be good to take some inspiration. Notice how his phrasing is more defined, and how he uses shorter and longer notes, and repetitions to build his licks. I don't mean that you need to copy him, but you can get some nice ideas from his soloing and incorporate then in your own vocabulary.

This is just a random vid, search for him on Youtube:

(solo starts at 00:49)

The funky rhythm needs more work yet, but you are on the right track. You tone sounds good to me, it fits perfect with the backing track. I think that you should isolate the trickier sections to polish them.

Congrats on your hard work mate.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 10 2020, 07:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright thanks man.
Im a big fan of santana thats also why i want to study some latin rhythms and lead.
What do you think of the chord comping? I tried to use multiple chord out of de Ddorian mode and play different i version to maintain more knowledge of the fretboard.

I know what you mean with the phrasing and will work in it. Im gonna try to play with question en answer based ideas and use different rhythmic patterns. Then i will send it again.
Thanks for the feedback 👌

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2020, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Great! The rhythm and chords sound good to me. Not exactly the same rhythm but you can get some ideas from these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bossa-Nova-Rhythm/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Quarta...he-Dorian-Mode/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 11 2020, 08:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

Here i have an improv over the latin progression focussing on the phrasing aspect.
I tried to combine longer and shorter notes and use some question and answer ideas.
I'll hope this is a bit more of the feedback you gave.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2020, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Yes! This is a lot better mate. This is definitely the direction. I recommend you to continue exploring this type of phrasing. Focus on repetition, use of dynamics, silences, and all those elements that are part of Latin guitar soloing.

Some more inspiration... Salinas is one of the greatest guitarists from my country ever...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 12 2020, 11:49 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.
Thanks for the tip. What a wonderfull player. I listened to a few songs but i defintely going to listen more to him. i have to say that i like music with more complex harmonies more and more. smile.gif happy.gif

With the latin i will practice some different progressions which are common but i will now first focuss on a blues track. I like a lot of styles of music so i try to change the styles sometimes so i keep motivated and dont stop learning. I think i rather be a guitarist who can play a few styles good then to play one style insane smile.gif

But i will repeat the stuff and the feedback you gave me and everytime that i play something i hope to incorporate the past tips and feedback. So thanks al lot.

I also recorded the modern Rock ballad track from yours and feel like i want to put it in the REC zone this time.

And by the way very nice work with collab. Supercool with the vids of him mixed in.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2020, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Thanks for your words about the collab! smile.gif

I think that your plan sounds good. Curiously Luis Salinas is known as one of the most versatile guitarists. You can't define him with one genre, he is a master of jazz, blues, rock, latin, folk, tango, and much more.

I'll check your REC take in a moment, so check my comment there!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 13 2020, 08:06 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright man. Thanks for the feedback. Im working also on the shred bootcamp with todd and i try to spend 20 minutes every day in practicing his excersises with metronome.
I think for the coming 2 week i will also take the 3 difficult Licks with it and gradually raise the tempo.
If it Dont works then then the speed part is behind my playing ability and i have to accept that. Thats also why im working with the bootcamp because i want to learn to play also faster Licks.
In the meantime i also start another lesson which is less difficult.
Sometimes i hear lessons that i really like but they are on the Edge of my ability but of i really like it i will give it a try if i think ut Could be possible. Just like with the funk lesson.

Maybe i can first record the funk in 80 procent till its good and then gradually work it with 5 procent. What do you think?

Im also still working on bens land of legato as an daily excersise. When i think its consistent i will record it. I think it is nearby.

Allright you will hear from me 😁😎

Greetz

This post has been edited by tflava: Nov 13 2020, 09:34 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2020, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great plan!

Yes, recording and practicing the lessons at slower tempos is helpful. There is not only one way to do it, there are many methods that you can combine in order to master a lesson.

- Playing the whole lesson slower.
- Working on parts as mini lessons.
- Working on trickier licks over metronome, create your own variations as exercises.

You can't share lesson takes at slower tempos in REC but you can do it here, or at the practice room to receive feedback.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 13 2020, 08:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

Yes i think i play some trickier parts witj a metronome.
Yes i meant to revord it slower and post it on my thread so you can look at it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2020, 06:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 13 2020, 04:17 PM) *
Hey man.

Yes i think i play some trickier parts witj a metronome.
Yes i meant to revord it slower and post it on my thread so you can look at it.

Sounds great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 19 2020, 11:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

here a blues jam from me.

In the first 12 bars I tried to keep it very bluesy and play the minor pentatonic.
In the second 12 bars i tried to use more the 6ths of the chords to make it some more sweeter jazzy flavor.

And in the last 12 bars i comped the 1 and 4 chords with 9sus4 chords so in the improvisation i tyried to outline the 4 of the chords.

Waht do you think?

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2020, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Nice blues jam mate! I like your phrasing here. Your note choices are good on both sections. I don't notice anything wrong or that sounds too outside. This is a cool jam.

Trying to comment about the things that you can improve, I think that rhythm and timing could be good elements to work here. There are some moments (for example around 00:26/00:30) where your timing is not tight. This happens in different parts of the solo and is something normal when improvising, you just need to focus a bit more on it. Identify if there is a specific figure that is giving problems.

I also think that you can experiment more with rhythm, and articulation (as it happened with the latin jam). One thing that helps me is to listen to some masters for some minutes and then get back to practice. If you want to get more from their rhythm, you can try this experiment:

- Take a lick with a great rhythm, play it over a backing track. Make variations. Keep the rhythm but change the notes. Try things like that and your rhythm will improve,

By the way, congrats on your hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 19 2020, 07:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok thanks a lot man.
When i listeners it back i also noticed that the rhythm lacks some diversity sometimes 😁
I think that i focused most on note choice this jam so im glad with your feedback so i can pay attention to it.
I will make another improvisation and now try to incorporate the rhythm but will still manager to make a good note choice. Maybe play some triplets or 16ths sometimes. And will listen to some nice blues players.

I also play every day with metronome with the bootcamp from todd and already notice some difference. When i practice it i also play the fastt lick from your modern rock ballad. I notice that i can handle the speed when isolating but then when i record its difficult to play it well. I think because how i have to hold my pick then or something. But ill keep trying.

Im also working on 3 other lessons so i don't have to play one song whole the time. But still focussing a lot in improvisation. So i, ll keep up and you will hear from me. 😁

Thanks as always

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2020, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Everything sounds great mate. Looking forward your next take! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 23 2020, 08:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

i just recorded the modern Rock ballad again.
The fast part is just a little above my level so i will quit this lesson now.
I will put it in the REC zone.
Im working for my speed with Todd and making progress but this part was just a little too fast.

I also sorted out what i wanted to play over the collab and i think its gonna be real nice.
I think i try to record it later this week.

greetz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2020, 05:08 AM
Instructor
Great news mate! I'll check your new REC take and comment there.

It's also cool to know that you found the right input for the collab! Can't wait to hear it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 26 2020, 11:23 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

I just recorded some things i am working on.
First is the Bens land of legato.
I'm seraching for the best hand position and also the transitions between chords are difficult.

Im also working on the B minor ballad. doe you think the vibrato needs wider?
I also going to workn on the legato part slower.

And at last i recorded again over the blues progression. i know tried to focus more on the phrasing and create a more blues rock sound.
I hope you like it.

thanks and im keep working on all the hings.

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 26 2020, 01:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I notice that my vibrato is sometimes very Weak and inconsistent. What is the best way to practice it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2020, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Great stuff here! smile.gif

QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 26 2020, 07:23 AM) *
Hey mate.
I just recorded some things i am working on.
First is the Bens land of legato.
I'm seraching for the best hand position and also the transitions between chords are difficult.

Yeah! The problem here is when you connect the patterns. I don't see a problem with your right hand position, it looks natural from here. But maybe you need to try to do less strength, to relax it while playing.

The best way to polish the connections is to work on 2 patterns per time as a loop. That's what works for me and what I've seen that worked for students.

Im also working on the B minor ballad. doe you think the vibrato needs wider?
I also going to workn on the legato part slower.

The problem here is that you are not doing the vibrato movement from your wrist, and the same happens with bending. The first exercises here is exactly what you need to do and practice:

and this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

And at last i recorded again over the blues progression. i know tried to focus more on the phrasing and create a more blues rock sound.
I hope you like it.

Great! This is getting better. I think that you could learn any GMC blues lessons that is similar to this backing to you get new phrases and ideas and create your own variations while jamming. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:35 AM