When Spiders Attack Video Collab !
Ben Higgins
Oct 13 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Welcome to my new Video Collab - When Spiders Attack !!

Some of you will remember that I spontaneously composed this track in a previous video chat and the name was picked at random by Gary (aka Blister !) so that's where the origins of this track are smile.gif

I went for an 80's American style commercial hard rock vibe.. so this could be the soundtrack to blasting down the interstate in a Corvette and then cruising down town to pick up a burger and fries! cool.gif

Attached File  When_Spiders_Attack.mp3 ( 1.36MB ) Number of downloads: 1159

The main key for everything is G# Minor so the G# Minor Scale will work over the whole thing. If the G# Minor scale works then the G# Minor Pentatonic automatically works too. However, feel free to experiment with other modes and things !!

Chords are:

Main riff: G#Minor7, Eadd9, F#add11, C#Minor7
2nd riff: E5, G#Minor, F#, C#Minor, E5, G#Minor, F# and back to the beginning...

You don't have to play over the whole thing, just do whatever you like smile.gif

So, as you see this is a VIDEO Collab so what I will from you is:

-Video footage (please leave the sound on if you can so it's easier to place when editing together !)
-basic mix of your solo so I can hear how it sounds over the track/where it goes
-isolated solo track to use for the audio mix

What I recommend doing is if you want to upload and share your take with everybody like we normally do, then you could either embed a Youtube vid or upload an mp3. When it comes to sending me all the video files I recommend you to send them in a pm with a download link. The audio files you could upload straight to the forum and I'll take them from there ! smile.gif

Deadline for this collab is Wednesday 24th October

Let's rock, American Style !! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
AK Rich
Oct 13 2012, 10:59 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 13 2012, 01:24 AM) *

Some of you will remember that I spontaneously composed this track in a previous video chat and the name was picked at random by Gary (aka Blister !) so that's where the origins of this track are smile.gif

I went for an 80's American style commercial hard rock vibe.. so this could be the soundtrack to blasting down the interstate in a Corvette and then cruising down town to pick up a burger and fries! cool.gif

The main key for everything is G# Minor so the G# Minor Scale will work over the whole thing. If the G# Minor scale works then the G# Minor Pentatonic automatically works too. However, feel free to experiment with other modes and things !!

Chords are:

2nd riff: E5, G#Minor, F#, C#Minor, E5, G#Minor, F# and back to the beginning...

You don't have to play over the whole thing, just do whatever you like smile.gif

-Video footage (please leave the sound on if you can so it's easier to place when editing together !)
-basic mix of your solo so I can hear how it sounds over the track/where it goes

What I recommend doing is if you want to upload and share your take with everybody like we normally do, then you could either embed a Youtube vid or upload an mp3. When it comes to sending me all the video files I recommend you to send them in a pm with a download link. The audio files you could upload straight to the forum and I'll take them from there ! smile.gif

Oh man this backing sounds greta Ben! love it! biggrin.gif I;ll do my best to come up with something , probably even get some time tomorrow to noodle around with it, Thanks for the heads up man I missed the last desert collab somehow.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 13 2012, 11:15 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm sure zis collab needs an auzentic german...and hier I am, to rock you like a hurricane! (Why do I keep quoting songs today?)

If I am not mistaken I said somezing about vearing spandex and an 80's vig for zis collab...right? (hope I got all zi clichée german accent zings in zis post).

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Oct 13 2012, 11:18 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 13 2012, 12:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 13 2012, 12:15 PM) *
I'm sure zis collab needs an auzentic german...and hier I am, to rock you like a hurricane! (Why do I keep quoting songs today?)

If I am not mistaken I said somezing about vearing spandex and an 80's vig for zis collab...right? (hope I got all zi clichée german accent zings in zis post).

Jaaa !! An authentic Das German !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 13 2012, 11:59 AM) *

Oh man this backing sounds greta Ben! love it! biggrin.gif I;ll do my best to come up with something , probably even get some time tomorrow to noodle around with it, Thanks for the heads up man I missed the last desert collab somehow.

Brilliant !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 13 2012, 01:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm in biggrin.gif

I've participated to the video chat, and I'm glad of the final result, it sounds awesome ohmy.gif

I'll do my best, I may have some questions about the solo writing, can I send you PM about that ?

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 13 2012, 04:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Oct 13 2012, 01:07 PM) *
I'm in biggrin.gif

I've participated to the video chat, and I'm glad of the final result, it sounds awesome ohmy.gif

I'll do my best, I may have some questions about the solo writing, can I send you PM about that ?

Thanks smile.gif

Great to have you in, Christophe.. of course you can smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 13 2012, 08:54 PM
Hello Ben it sounds great i like that backing sound !

I will try if i get into that one , OK!

may be i can do some little underline backing for the german authentic gitarrero rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Oct 13 2012, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 13 2012, 10:33 PM
Hellole Ben here a first try !
it was a bit strange for me to get into your speed of rhythm - lets say i am on the way to it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Oct 13 2012, 11:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
What a KILLER backing track!! But it ends "too soon"! tongue.gif

I only say that, because it's so good I can hear it keep going when it fades.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 14 2012, 08:16 AM
Tone Seeker
A video collab ! Almost wet my pants...Just kidding biggrin.gif

Expect a take from here too wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Oct 14 2012, 08:16 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 14 2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning Ben !

Here my before breakfast One - the rhythm is parallel to my left food tongue.gif i hope he shakes well this morning.

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/2-with-backing-spider

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/2-no-backing-spider

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2012, 09:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 14 2012, 08:17 AM) *
Good morning Ben !

Here my before breakfast One - the rhythm is parallel to my left food tongue.gif i hope he shakes well this morning.

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/2-with-backing-spider

http://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/2-no-backing-spider

Das ist toll !! This collab now officially has 2 Germans on it so the cool factor has increased cool.gif

Me & Christian agreed on a rule a while back that all collabs need at least 1 German before they are considered to have 'started.' I've got 2 so I feel blessed biggrin.gif

I like the 2 note chord idea you have Dieter, it works well. I think it's so cool you just got up and jammed in your dressing gown. I can imagine you explaining to your wife ' I'm just laying down a solo for a track called "When Spiders Attack.." ' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Oct 14 2012, 09:57 AM
GMC:er
Nice backing track Ben. I had to put on some leopard print spandex for this one.... wait... I just threw up a little on that one myself.... Ok, anyhow here is my second take. The first one got cancelled and I guess the record deal is off... BALLS!

http://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/when-spid...attack-collab-1

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 13 2012, 09:24 AM) *

Chords are:

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Oct 14 2012, 10:00 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  When_Spiders_Attack_Collab_With_Ben_Take2.mp3 ( 723.88K ) Number of downloads: 213

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 14 2012, 10:05 AM
Tone Seeker
Hey I can't get the click right on my daw. What's the tempo dude ?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Oct 14 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Hey I can't get the click right on my daw. What's the tempo dude ?

Tempo is 155 bpm smile.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Oct 14 2012, 09:57 AM) *
Nice backing track Ben. I had to put on some leopard print spandex for this one.... wait... I just threw up a little on that one myself.... Ok, anyhow here is my second take. The first one got cancelled and I guess the record deal is off... BALLS!

http://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/when-spid...attack-collab-1

Nice one Mark !! Love the tapping phrase at the end - very nicely done !

For the collab video and mix I'll need a video of you playing this and then the bare solo track smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 14 2012, 12:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Okay guys...are you ready to see ze german in purple spandex, with a blonde wig? Cheesy 80's style?

No??

I thought so. Tell me when you are ready.

Here is my take anyway biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  When_Spiders_Attack_nbt.mp3 ( 719.59K ) Number of downloads: 207
Attached File  When_Spiders_Attack_wbt.mp3 ( 722.45K ) Number of downloads: 234

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2012, 12:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 14 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Okay guys...are you ready to see ze german in purple spandex, with a blonde wig? Cheesy 80's style?

No??

I thought so. Tell me when you are ready.

Here is my take anyway biggrin.gif

Wait ! Do I hear.... yes I do. And.. do I hear... yes, I do !! laugh.gif

Awesome take from the Tuetonic Titan ! smile.gif

We're ready to see the spandex now cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 14 2012, 01:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 14 2012, 01:56 PM) *
Wait ! Do I hear.... yes I do. And.. do I hear... yes, I do !! laugh.gif

Awesome take from the Tuetonic Titan ! smile.gif

We're ready to see the spandex now cool.gif

Yes, you hear that one! And the other one too! Truly teutonic! laugh.gif

Nah, I'll let you wait just a tiny bit longer for the video...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2012, 01:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 14 2012, 01:05 PM) *
Nah, I'll let you wait just a tiny bit longer for the video...

sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 14 2012, 01:16 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Then again...I have to show the others how to dress...

You have been warned!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 AM