80´s Hard Rock Collaboration, FINAL MIX AND COMMENTS
Jonathan Burgos
Feb 19 2010, 11:59 PM
GMC:er

Hello friends! This is the final mix and comments thread for the “Hard Rock 80” Collaboration.
I recommended learning from the outcomes and ideas of their partners.
I just wish that enjoyed this collaboration has in this style, one of my favorites.

Now friends, download the file and listen to the work. Enjoy it. wink.gif

These are the 6 participants:

Kaznie – Miguez – Sensible Jones – Uncleskillet – Chris Evans - Noskill

Comments:

Kaznie: (0:04 – 1:28)

Kaznie, the sound what you have, I liked it. Your sustain and sounds are not saturated, it's a nice sound to solo sound. I recommend down a bit the treble; I've done with your work. You have a good control of the bending and vibrato, I really like. With regard to improvisation, I recommend you work short sentences, you recognize the notes to make small final sentences. I notice that you have knowledge of the scale and use it well, but you've confused in 2 notes at 01:03, but do not consider it a mistake or something similar. You made a good presentation. I hope my advice will help you. Well done Kaznie!

Miguez: (01:28 – 02:57)

Miguez, has made good sound for solos and I think you can improve it. I think you have good references and you're on the right track, my friend. The phrases with legatos, sliding, bending, are good resources you used. I've heard a few notes that are not in the harmony of the song. I recommend you review the scales on the guitar. An exercise that just made it up (at this moment in my head, hahaha) is to make short sentences and play around the fretboard in every possible place that allows you to scale. Will help you make the phrases for the end and giving different senses, highest and lowest of the guitar. Thanks for join in my collaboration, has done a good job.

Sensible Jones: (3:00 – 4:26)

Sensible Jones, has submitted a different proposal in your sound. A stereo chorus if I am correct. During the Riff predominates the blues scale, respecting the style. Well done. I would have executed all the notes of the blues scale for the Riff. In the first verse has made short phrases leaving silences, I like it. You've done good and different rhythmic movements, leaving the monotony. You have good movement in the bending rockers. I recommend working fast movements for sound more cleanly and work a little vibrato. Note that this is a very personal thing, does not mean that this wrong. Good job!

Uncleskillet: (4:44 – 5:40)

Uncleskillet, I really like your solo sound: clear, sustain and deep, with reverb. You have a nice vibrato, good bending, fast-moving clear, beautiful phrases and different Patters. Only find a single note out of the scale at 05:07. In the chorus, you want search the melody respecting the original lesson. Excellent work.

Chris Evans: (05:57 – 7:21)

Chris, you're a guitarist with many resources and a very powerful vibrato. Your bending is very good. Your sound is very good, but I've subtracted a little of treble. You can find and improvise phrases and you have great and fast moves. I would have added some delay and some reverb on the solo parts. Excellent work, partner.

Noskill: (7:25 – 8:51)

Noskill, has improved a lot your sound! I really like. I feel you've overcome and you have studied or those more motivated with your instrument from your last job. Good moves, very clear, fast at times. I'm proud of you and I am delighted that my lessons and tips to help you. I do not recommend anything; just keep doing what we're doing. Keep studying and playing guitar as always. Very good work!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  collab_hard_rock_80.mp3 ( 12.25MB ) Number of downloads: 335

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS
Check my music at MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Feb 20 2010, 12:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Jona! The backing was great, and the associated lesson had many great elements to study and work on. This was a fun collab. Thanks for taking the time to write comments and do the final mix!

Cheers!

Tom

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Feb 20 2010, 12:38 AM
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Feb 19 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Thanks Jona! The backing was great, and the associated lesson had many great elements to study and work on. This was a fun collab. Thanks for taking the time to write comments and do the final mix!

Cheers!

Tom

Thanks you my friend! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS
Check my music at MYSPACE

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2010, 01:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for your kind comments man. I really appreciate your lessons and the time you take to put everything together. Your playing is tops in my book because everything you play and do makes since (to me anyway) and sucks the listener in. It tells a musical story smile.gif

I didn't get my Hamer (USA) Diablo back from the luither in time for this track. Wouldn't you know it was ready the day after dry.gif . Anyway, it was worth the wait because, well you'll see. biggrin.gif Look for a few REC's from me soon wink.gif

Thanks for the collab

Jeff / Skillet

EDIT: typo ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Feb 20 2010, 01:21 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 20 2010, 01:47 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hey! thank you for putting this together and thank you for your comments, much appreciated smile.gif

it was a great backing and also an era for rock that I love!

I left my signal dry except for distortion for you to add anything that you felt it needed, I`d normally always play with these two effects, but no worries biggrin.gif

many thanks again, look forward to some more cool backings

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 20 2010, 09:04 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Jonathan! Very nice BT, cool lesson as well wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 20 2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the great comment Jonathan!
I shall start working on getting my Tremelo Picking cleaner as well as my Vibrato!
Thanks for the backing, I really enjoyed thisone!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
zen
Feb 20 2010, 01:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sorry to barge in here..

Guys, this was one quality collab .. REALLY enjoyed listening to this mix. you all are such great players..

Thanks for organizing this Jonathan , I aspire to participate one of your collabs in the future. Getting there .... slowly .. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Feb 20 2010, 01:59 PM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MigeZ
Feb 23 2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the comments Jonathan, much appreciated. I noticed too that I were out of the songs' harmony sometimes, huh.gif waiting for your lesson wink.gif I swear to be better in the next collab. laugh.gif
Cheers mate, thanks for the great collab! cool.gif

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:27 AM