Olympics Opening Ceremony
Ben Higgins
Jul 27 2012, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Who's going to be watching it tonight ?

It's been 4 years since Bejiing's awesome display and everyone's been wondering how the UK can carry it off.. so it will be interesting for sure smile.gif It's estimated that over a billion people will be watching it tonight from 9pm GMT.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Nihilist1
Jul 27 2012, 10:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 27 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Who's going to be watching it tonight ?

It's been 4 years since Bejiing's awesome display and everyone's been wondering how the UK can carry it off.. so it will be interesting for sure smile.gif It's estimated that over a billion people will be watching it tonight from 9pm GMT.

If I am awake I will be(I have my interview at 9AM which is usually when I am asleep!). Beijing will be a tough act to follow!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 27 2012, 10:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 27 2012, 10:10 AM) *
If I am awake I will be(I have my interview at 9AM which is usually when I am asleep!). Beijing will be a tough act to follow!

Good luck with the interview ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 27 2012, 10:18 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm gonna watch it for sure...though I don't really care for the ceremony, tbh.
But the Spice Girls are gonna perform, the best thing the UK ever gave us (after Mr. Higgins, that is tongue.gif ) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jul 27 2012, 10:18 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 27 2012, 10:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 27 2012, 10:18 AM) *
But the Spice Girls are gonna perform, the best thing the UK ever gave us (after Mr. Higgins, that is tongue.gif ) laugh.gif

That's right, you know your facts ! biggrin.gif

Isn't it funny how the Spice Girl that was originally the least attractive (Mel C) kind of eventually turned into the best looking and most feminine whilst the others got worse ?? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 27 2012, 10:31 AM
GMC:er
Are you visiting any games Ben ?
Im going to sea for a week biggrin.gif, too bad I miss the olympics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 27 2012, 10:32 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 27 2012, 11:27 AM) *
That's right, you know your facts ! biggrin.gif

Isn't it funny how the Spice Girl that was originally the least attractive (Mel C) kind of eventually turned into the best looking and most feminine whilst the others got worse ?? laugh.gif

Haha, that is fascinating indeed biggrin.gif
Wonder what they'll look like tonight. I haven't actually seen them on television or anything for ages. I thought Emma would still be a total babe, but after checking some recent pics I was a bit disappointed.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 27 2012, 10:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 27 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Are you visiting any games Ben ?
Im going to sea for a week biggrin.gif, too bad I miss the olympics.

Not me, no.. I know someone who is though. Apparently you can't drive to the Olympics at all.. you've got use a mixture of public transport and hope for the best. London is crap, it really is. tongue.gif

You're at sea for a week ? How ? laugh.gif Is it a cruise or have you started work as a deep sea fisherman ?

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 27 2012, 11:00 AM

I don't know the names, but my money is on the far right.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 27 2012, 11:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 27 2012, 11:00 AM) *

I don't know the names, but my money is on the far right.

That's Victoria Beckham

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 27 2012, 11:06 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nihilist...that is...that is the worst possible choice of all!!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 27 2012, 11:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 27 2012, 11:06 AM) *
Nihilist...that is...that is the worst possible choice of all!!! ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

It's only because it's quite a good photo of her for once.. he probably hasn't seen much others, it's not his fault smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 27 2012, 11:09 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 27 2012, 10:07 AM) *
laugh.gif

It's only because it's quite a good photo of her for once.. he probably hasn't seen much others, it's not his fault smile.gif

I thought Becks wife was blonde?

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 27 2012, 11:10 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I thought she'd be well known in the USA, in California at least...and come on, she is soooo annoying!!
But judging by the pic alone...ok...it's ok...
Emma really isn't much of a babe anymore sad.gif
But Geri seemed to have put on some weight again, which is good. I remember her anorexic phase blink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 27 2012, 11:44 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 27 2012, 10:10 AM) *
I thought she'd be well known in the USA, in California at least...and come on, she is soooo annoying!!
But judging by the pic alone...ok...it's ok...
Emma really isn't much of a babe anymore sad.gif
But Geri seemed to have put on some weight again, which is good. I remember her anorexic phase blink.gif

I don't pay attention to celebrities personal lives at all. Even my favourite musicians(except for Mr. Doctor, because that man is elusive and a genius). I just think that people are too caught up in that stuff.

I just looked up other pictures of her and I feel kind of ashamed. She doesn't really look that appealing.

To be honest, I couldn't even name them all if I tried(Just Victoria Beckham and Mel C thanks to this thread). Hell, I didn't even know Beckham's wife was a Spice Girl in the first place! My sister listened to them when I was a kid, but my dad got me into 80's metal and grunge from an early age, so I was off to a damn good start. Luckily, I live in a pop-free zone. smile.gif

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:37 AM