Looking Forward To This.
Phil66
Dec 9 2019, 09:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's 175 mile drive but got a hotel booked for after the show wink.gif

We all love a bit of guitar wielding in a song, it’s iconic, soulful and – oh what a beautiful instrument!

The Story of Guitar Heroes is an awe-inspiring, dynamic show which transports you through time: from the 1950’s with artistes such as Chuck Berry and Hank Marvin from The Shadows, including gifted legends such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page, through to modern day players such as the great Brian May and the electrifying Steve Vai, to name but a few!

Presented by guitar virtuoso Phil Walker - this show’s extraordinarily talented band uses over 30 guitars to recreate and accurately reproduce the sound and ambiance of each guitar hero. Featuring video footage of historical moments, with state-of-the-art lighting and delivered with a light hearted vibe – this makes for a truly sensational and enjoyable evening.

Now in its 5th year, The Story of Guitar Heroes has become increasingly popular not only with many guitar players and musicians, but with people and families of all ages.

Don’t miss out on this spectacular show. You won’t be disappointed!

https://youtu.be/QJbxa7TJ_go

Find out if it's on near you here https://www.storyofguitarheroes.com/tour-dates

We booked our tickets from an email from the Pavilion (we've been before to other shows) and then found out that the night before, it's on about 10 miles from where we live laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Still an excuse for a little weekend away though smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 9 2019, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
Looks very nice!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 9 2019, 10:23 PM
Thanks Mertay,

And even though the night before is on at a theatre only 10 miles from me, is still rather go to the Weymouth Pavilion because its in THIS lovely seaside town smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 10 2019, 02:09 AM
Cool! Looks like wads of fun. You could always go to both shows I guess smile.gif Look forward to the pic on instagram!
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 9 2019, 04:47 PM) *
It's 175 mile drive but got a hotel booked for after the show wink.gif

We all love a bit of guitar wielding in a song, it’s iconic, soulful and – oh what a beautiful instrument!

The Story of Guitar Heroes is an awe-inspiring, dynamic show which transports you through time: from the 1950’s with artistes such as Chuck Berry and Hank Marvin from The Shadows, including gifted legends such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page, through to modern day players such as the great Brian May and the electrifying Steve Vai, to name but a few!

Presented by guitar virtuoso Phil Walker - this show’s extraordinarily talented band uses over 30 guitars to recreate and accurately reproduce the sound and ambiance of each guitar hero. Featuring video footage of historical moments, with state-of-the-art lighting and delivered with a light hearted vibe – this makes for a truly sensational and enjoyable evening.

Now in its 5th year, The Story of Guitar Heroes has become increasingly popular not only with many guitar players and musicians, but with people and families of all ages.

Don’t miss out on this spectacular show. You won’t be disappointed!

https://youtu.be/QJbxa7TJ_go

Find out if it's on near you here https://www.storyofguitarheroes.com/tour-dates

We booked our tickets from an email from the Pavilion (we've been before to other shows) and then found out that the night before, it's on about 10 miles from where we live laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Still an excuse for a little weekend away though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 10 2019, 08:41 AM
It's also on a a town we go to quite a lot of saturdays.Tewkesbury,is lovely, and we could go and try the Italian restaurant there, it's supposed to be very good, it's about a 45 minute drive so too long for a taxi and I don't want to drive, so we could do the show, take in the Italian and a night in one of the small hotels. Love an excuse for a weekend away wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 10 2019, 09:28 PM
Caught it a couple of years ago at a local Arts Centre/Theatre!!
Would go again next time it passes through!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 11 2019, 12:09 AM
Glad you said that, when I first started reading I thought you was going to say it was shite laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2019, 02:33 AM
It's a good reason to go on a bit of a Tour! You can grab shirts from each location too. Better yet have one made up showing the dates you went to. Phils Guitar tour 2019.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 10 2019, 03:41 AM) *
It's also on a a town we go to quite a lot of saturdays.Tewkesbury,is lovely, and we could go and try the Italian restaurant there, it's supposed to be very good, it's about a 45 minute drive so too long for a taxi and I don't want to drive, so we could do the show, take in the Italian and a night in one of the small hotels. Love an excuse for a weekend away wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 11 2019, 08:59 PM
I think it's going to be inspiring wink.gif

https://youtu.be/fbZg6k-iOR0

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 25 2020, 11:48 PM
It was absolutely brilliant, people that went a couple of years ago said this show blew it away. Video footage between sections with interviews with BB King, Blackmore, Knopfler etc and interesting footage of Les Paul, Hendrix etc

All three guitarists played rhythm, lead and bass at different stages of the show, there was a lot of banter too, mostly aimed at the drummer.

Favourite song was one I'd never heard, they said it is the hardest one they do, I've never watched a guitarists picking hand so closely, it was incredible. Albert Lee's "Country Boy".

https://youtu.be/kGU63KqXuZk

The show was both inspiring and demoralising but the inspiration outweighed the demoralisation.

If you get chance go and see it.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2020, 08:31 AM
Sounds cool!!! I know what you mean about inspiring/demoralizing smile.gif Watching truly amazing musicians casually play things that seem nearly impossible makes me want to practice, but can make me want to turn my guitar in to a coffee table depending on my mood smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2020, 11:11 AM
They did Greasy Kids Stuff, parts of it in harmonised twin lead, the Jem was like one I've never seen, it was in the same finish as Satch's Silver Surfer, stunning.

The Les Paul section was great, with How High The Moon, Parisian Walkways, Sweet Child of Mine etc,.

They finished first half with a great rendition of Comfortably Numb.

Funny how you can't remember a lot at first then over the following days it trickles into your memory smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2020, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a great show!! Yeah the brain is funny that way. Even with guitar, sometimees bits take a while to fully absorb and convert to memories.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 26 2020, 06:11 AM) *
They did Greasy Kids Stuff, parts of it in harmonised twin lead, the Jem was like one I've never seen, it was in the same finish as Satch's Silver Surfer, stunning.

The Les Paul section was great, with How High The Moon, Parisian Walkways, Sweet Child of Mine etc,.

They finished first half with a great rendition of Comfortably Numb.

Funny how you can't remember a lot at first then over the following days it trickles into your memory smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:15 AM