Set Me A Goal:p
Jesse
May 15 2010, 10:22 PM
GMC:er
I want to be able to play like THIS ->

on my birthday (the 5th of july).

I suck at playing/learning by ear so this will be hard, although you can see Joe's hand pretty good at times.

So I want to be able to play this song, and then use these licks. If I finish this.... my ear will have come a long way.

P.S.

Why do I do this?
I feel like im stuck, stuck in a rut, stuck in the same blues box for a good year now. I can't really go beyond that... Ive been playing the same licks for so long now.. its time to improve. And it's a good reason to dust-off my epiphone SG (which sounds nothing like a budget epiphone guitar actually, it sounds amazing.) You can get these sg-s for 285 EUROS!!! That's nuts. If you don't have one... go get one. It's better than the gibson sg specials...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: May 15 2010, 10:35 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sted
May 16 2010, 07:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Joe's got amazin technique mate but all he's playing here (Mostly!) is a mix of major and minor in the key of G, where the two cross over there can sound like there is an element of Dorian mode in there too so throw some of that over your blues boxes and you will be cookin' mate!
If you play G minor blues scale and E minor blues scale (this will sound major but emphasise the G notes rather than E notes) you'll see what I mean.

PLAY DEM BLOOZ JESSE!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 16 2010, 11:01 PM
Instructor
this is pretty cool, and I think you can get there!

Just take a little more risks and don't just do the same over and over

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 17 2010, 12:31 AM
Instructor
Try learning some arpeggios Jesse, that will help a lot.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:08 PM