5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Guess The Song
steve25
Mar 13 2008, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
Ok so here's a little game and the rules are quite simple. I once used to do this elsewhere but with lyrics, where you'd say a line of a song and you'd have to guess what the song is. But as this is a guitar forum its going to be with tab instead. Dunno if you guys will like it but lets see smile.gif. To get the song you're most likely going to have to play it. I'll start with a nice easy one smile.gif.

E-------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------12h14-------12----- X 2
A--12h14--12h14--12h14--12h14--------12h14---14--
E--12-------12------12--------------------------------------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by steve25: Mar 13 2008, 11:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 13 2008, 11:59 PM
Paranoid-Black Sabbath

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 14 2008, 12:00 AM
Yep smile.gif, now next person, can be you if you like doesn't have to be though

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 14 2008, 12:07 AM
|---19p14----------------14-19p14--------------14-19p14------------|---18p15----------------------15-17p14------------
|------------15-------15-------------15------15--------------15--------|-----------17-------------17---------------16------
|-----------------16----------------------16------------------------16---|---------------18-15-18---------------------- 17-
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------

Good enough, if you know it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 12:27 AM
e---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d-------------------------------3------------------------------------------------5-----------------6------------
a-------------------------------1------3---3---3-------------------------------3-----------------4------------
e----1---3---3---1---3---1----------1---1---1---1---3---3---1---3---1----------0--0--0----------------

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 14 2008, 12:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 14 2008, 12:29 AM
Shell that sounds quite neoclassically, though i'm not sure who that is

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 14 2008, 12:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
Maybe you should have to give a hint about the song to make it easier? huh.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 12:35 AM

Heres the answer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqBTGZGSwU

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 14 2008, 12:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 14 2008, 12:35 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 14 2008, 01:33 AM) *
Maybe you should have to give a hint about the song to make it easier? huh.gif

Could do, depends if we can't figure it out for a while. Good suggestion though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 14 2008, 12:53 AM
Wouldn't it be a better idea to record the riff? a tab can be quite vauge

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Mar 14 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Wouldn't it be a better idea to record the riff? a tab can be quite vauge

Im guessing the whole game is to play it yourself on your guitar and figure it out, that makes it more fun and a learning experience..

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 14 2008, 01:00 AM
Not everyone has a way of recording themselves that's the thing.

Good one outlaw i wouldn't have got that one as i don't remember ever hearing their first album =]

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 14 2008, 01:02 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 14 2008, 01:55 AM) *
Im guessing the whole game is to play it yourself on your guitar and figure it out, that makes it more fun and a learning experience..

Hmm yeah I guess... I'm a bit on alcohol right now and not thinking straight XD thanks for pointing this out to me smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 01:08 AM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 14 2008, 01:00 AM) *
Not everyone has a way of recording themselves that's the thing.

Good one outlaw i wouldn't have got that one as i don't remember ever hearing their first album =]

What!!! The best metal and guitar playing album ever, in my opinion... thats when metallica was their best, they were raw and cliff burton was alive... you gotta check it out, every song rocks and is fun to play on guitar..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 14 2008, 01:18 AM
e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d|---2----------2---------------------------------------------7-----------------2
a|---2----0h2-------0h2----5----5--------------------------5--------5--4----2
e|---0-----------------------------3-------0--2--3--2--0-------------3--2----0

Well, take a shot at this....
hint: only demo ever released wink.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 01:24 AM
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0------------------------0----------------------------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0-------------------------0----------------------------
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-------2--------4---------------5---------------2-----------4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|--2--------2---------------3----------2--------------2----------------5------4--------------4-------3-----------------3-------2----------------
|--0-------------------0---------------0-----0------------------0------3------2--------------2-------1-----------------1-------0----------------

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 14 2008, 01:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 14 2008, 01:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Holy Wars - Megadeth smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 01:29 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 14 2008, 01:24 AM) *
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0------------------------0----------------------------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0-------------------------0----------------------------
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-------2--------4---------------5---------------2-----------4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|--2--------2---------------3----------2--------------2----------------5------4--------------4-------3-----------------3-------2----------------
|--0-------------------0---------------0-----0------------------0------3------2--------------2-------1-----------------1-------0----------------

Heres a hint... the lead singer and guitarist used to be in metallica

Heres the answer...the break in this bad ass song, which im currently addicted to playing all the time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YczYC2yHTM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2008, 01:30 AM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 14 2008, 01:18 AM) *
e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d|---2----------2---------------------------------------------7-----------------2
a|---2----0h2-------0h2----5----5--------------------------5--------5--4----2
e|---0-----------------------------3-------0--2--3--2--0-------------3--2----0

Well, take a shot at this....
hint: only demo ever released wink.gif

I dont know what it is, but it sounds cool

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 14 2008, 01:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
So I was right smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:57 PM