> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Mar 19 2016, 08:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Gab,

One thing this bad hand has helped me with is being more gentle on the fretboard. I couldn't press very hard due to the pain so I feel I have improved my pressure on the strings. I do seem to forget and press harder when I am concentrating on improvising though and as time goes on I don't have the pain to stop me laugh.gif

I'm still plugging away at everything, still struggling to master the pinkie vibrato, it is getting better though.

Hope you're enjoying your gigs smile.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 20 2016, 09:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2016, 07:37 PM
Instructor
Nice to know it! Even the bad things teach us something. smile.gif

The gigs have been great! It was the first time we visited these cities so it has been a nice first tour there. We hope to get back the next year.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 21 2016, 10:07 PM
Glad you had a great time smile.gif

I've posted another take in the theory workshop. Unfortunately the embedded player isn't showing, I tried it here too and it doesn't show in the preview so I left it.

Cheers Gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2016, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Commented there! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 24 2016, 09:14 PM
Hello Gab,

I'm just letting you know I'm spending four days at the coast from tomorrow so no practise, just reading. I'll still be on the forum though.

Cheers mate. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2016, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, thanks for notifying! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 28 2016, 05:51 PM
Hello Gab,
Just got back (17:45) the traffic was pretty bad, the 200 mile drive back took over five hours sad.gif
I'll get everything sorted, have some food and do some practise.
I did post THIS but not sure if you've seen it. I kind of understand the circle of thirds but knowing if it is a minor or major third confuses me. I'm probably over complicating it, I do tend to do that. THIS is what I mean.
Cheers mate

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2016, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Phl, welcome back! I've just commented at that thread. Check it out!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 31 2016, 08:24 PM
Hello Gab,

I've had some issues the past couple of days, but I'm still on it, I've also been setting up a new piece of gear, I wanted to switch between going direct to amp and direct into my Interface easily. I bought an ART CoolSwitch and that was absolutely rubbish so now I have a Radial Twin City, it is amazing, no signal loss and hardly imperceptible tone change. http://www.tonebone.com/twincity.php

I'm going to try the arpeggios tomorrow in the theory workshop, I have an idea that might help, I'll let you know tomorrow wink.gif

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 31 2016, 09:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2016, 02:11 PM
Instructor
What a killer switcher! Congrats Phil! smile.gif

I'll wait for your news.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 1 2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm very pleased with it, I may be recording two amps at once soon wink.gif

Theory workshop has a new take.

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2016, 06:25 PM
Instructor
That's a good use of this one. I'll check the new take in a moment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2016, 08:55 PM
Hello Gab,

Ok, I've had a bad few days, crazy weekend, few problems with house bits needing fixing and snowed under with paperwork from work that I had to do at home because of no time at work. Anyway that's all done and dusted now.

I've managed a take in the creativity thread, I wrote the little scenario out too to help you to see what I was trying to convey.

Theory workshop should be coming tomorrow and I'm back working on the Petrucci lesson.

The happy part of the creativity piece makes me smile in parts, I think of the smiling faces of a couple of old friends singing silly songs that they remember making up at school, I guess a bit like some of the scenes in Big with Tom Hanks.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2016, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, that's life! smile.gif

Great to know that you are back to practice. I'll check your submit for the creativity workout and the other stuff when it's ready.

Keep going my friend.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks Gab,

I look forward to your comment on my creativity piece, it's not great but you always seem to spot something about them that I haven't spotted and it always inspires me smile.gif

I am still struggling with this run in the Petrucci lesson, I've got the pinkie vibrato a bit better but the run gets me.

-------------------------|
-------------------12-14-|
----------11-12-14-------|
-11-12-14----------------|

I always seem to struggle with runs like this, are there any supplementary exercises that could help? I can't even play scales very quickly even the basic pentatonic like this one which I think would be one of the easiest.

Thanks Gab

FRIDAY NIGHT UPDATE:

Don't worry about any supplementary exercises. For some reason tonight I've made leaps and bounds on that lesson, I haven't got it all under my fingers but that run is getting quicker and the pinkie vibrato is getting better. I can, in a good moment, play that run at 90% but not every time. I've found that playing 50% then 70% then 50%, then 80% then 50% then 90% seems to work really well rather than just sticking at one speed and then going higher. Cycling speed rates is definitely the way to go, for me anyway.

I've posted a full explanation HERE

Cheers Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 8 2016, 09:33 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2016, 09:47 PM
Instructor
Interesting stuff Phil! Great to know that you could find your own method to work on this type of runs. I'm sure that this will change your perspective and will have an important impact in your whole practice. I'm now curious to hear you playing the part.

As I think your already know, I'm on tour now but I'll check your creativity take as soon as I get back home.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks Gab and thanks for taking the time out to reply. I haven't got the piece good enough for REC out even for you to hear BUT I have improved and tonight I learned the rest of the notes so now I just have to learn the piece properly and at tempo.

I think I've found my limit for now in the theory thread. Maybe it would be better to learn one arpeggio shape at a time and move it like Tom did? What do you think? I guess it's tricky for you to put yourself back in the shoes of a beginner wink.gif This is why I always tell you why I am struggling and how I overcome things. It's all good for anyone to know, student or teacher.

Enjoy the gig and can we sort something out to get the Cirse DVD to the UK. Maybe we could ask who in gmc in UK want it and they could pay you, you could ship all DVDs to me as one package and then I could ship to them once they pay me the delivery cost? What you reckon?

Cheers buddy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 10 2016, 10:03 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2016, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

I think that Tom's approach is interesting and it's ok if you want to apply it. Every person is different so there are lots of possible approach to learn a new concept. The secret is start with a few elements at a time so this trick is good, but have in mind that connecting two arpeggios of different roots in the same part of the neck is the tricky part of this one. I think that learning one arpeggio should be like learning 1 shape of the pentatonic scale, the problem appears when following chords with arpeggios so that's where you'll have to find your way to work on it.

About sending the DVDs, sounds good. The main issue is the payment, I'll investigate about it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 11 2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks Gab,

Maybe Paypal? Or speak to Ken Lassaine about how he does it, I ordered his CD and it wasn't expensive including delivery.

I'm still really struggling with the arpeggios, I can hear the chord changes now, but only when I listen to the backing by itself and I can't identify the chords so I have to try and remember the progression order and that makes it harder to improvise and when I'm trying to improvise over it I struggle to follow the progression. As I said, I think this is currently beyond me but maybe one day it will come. Even when we get the next assignment, I will continue to spend some time on this assignment.

I can also play the Petrucci lesson all the way through at 50% without stumbling so now it is time to march onward with the speed increase.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 11 2016, 08:51 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2016, 02:41 PM
Instructor
I'll be back regarding the DVD.

About your practice, here is an idea.

Play along with the backing using only the dominant chords shared at the thread. Each of these chords is related to one of the arpeggios so the idea is that you just play the chords over the changes and try to visualize the arpeggio around it. At first it can be tricky but with some days of practice you will be able to see the arpeggio.

Once you can follow the progression with the chords, you can try following the chords with "chord notes". This is the first step to get into arpeggios.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:44 PM