2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Do Gmc:ers Need A Secret Sign?, Apropos concerts
blindwillie
May 1 2007, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
Do we need a secret GMC:er sign so we can recognize each other on conserts and such? And for getting backstage when you guys get famous so you can recognise a fellow GMC:er in the crowd?

I was thinking like a tattoo with the GMC-logo and a subtext like:
"GMC:ers are in harmony"
"We are in tune"
"GMC:ers does it with a lick"
"We know how to lick"
or something. Fill up with your own oneliners.

Or... we *could* settle for a T-shirt or a patch. That's square but it would work I guess.

All this was a joke, but the idea is cool I think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 1 2007, 03:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 1 2007, 09:52 AM) *
Do we need a secret GMC:er sign so we can recognize each other on conserts and such? And for getting backstage when you guys get famous so you can recognise a fellow GMC:er in the crowd?

I was thinking like a tattoo with the GMC-logo and a subtext like:
"GMC:ers are in harmony"
"We are in tune"
"GMC:ers does it with a lick"
"We know how to lick"
or something. Fill up with your own oneliners.

Or... we *could* settle for a T-shirt or a patch. That's square but it would work I guess.

All this was a joke, but the idea is cool I think.

And we need a pass code challenge and response ... something that would pass muster at an ordinary gig ...

"The lead guitar player looks Swedish"
"But he shreds like a Croatian"
"Perhaps he learnt blues in Argentina?"

That ought to do it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 1 2007, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Hahaha that's awesome idea!

I think we need to make a tatoo like that sign "GMC STAFF" with guitar below our avatar. And students will get the "GMC STUDENT" sign!

Also we'll make kind of "Lick of the day" EVERY GMC-er MUST know and at the backstage entrance will be a guy with guitar who will check if you can play the secret "Lick Of GMC" to enter the backstage!!

Hahahaha that's some good laugh hahahaha

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Robin
May 1 2007, 03:31 PM
GMC T-shirts/longsleeves, yes please!! laugh.gif Or shirts with buttons ohmy.gif I would have been wearing that 24/7 cool.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: May 1 2007, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 1 2007, 03:36 PM
Instructor
I smell a HUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEE community growing here!!!!!!!!
Imagine this: you get on stage with your band and you see 500 GMC-ers straight ahead of you wearing GMC flag and T-Shirts!!! hahahahaha AMAZING!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Robin
May 1 2007, 03:49 PM
We should make a GMC festival tongue.gif GMC members and their bands, hah, that would have been awesome smile.gif
Oh and of course GMC T-shirts and flags laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 1 2007, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Yeaaaah let's make it in the capital of GMC - SWEDEN!! I think swedish air companies are gonna have lots of customers once we organize it !! hahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post
FaithfullyForgot...
May 1 2007, 04:11 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 1 2007, 09:53 AM) *
Yeaaaah let's make it in the capital of GMC - SWEDEN!! I think swedish air companies are gonna have lots of customers once we organize it !! hahaha

Yes i like this idea very much but you have to pay for my ticket Pavel.Dude im gonna come to where ever you are so i can meet you man,im crazy enough to do it.Thats my new sayin "Can you Lick it"

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 1 2007, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Yeah i will also have to get a ticket to get there!! hahaha

Unfortunately for now it's just a joke! But who knows....maybe in a couple of years we'll be able to create something like that!!

Cool, i am getting fans here! hehehe Thanks FaithfullyForgotten!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
May 1 2007, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 1 2007, 03:17 PM) *
Yeah i will also have to get a ticket to get there!! hahaha

Unfortunately for now it's just a joke! But who knows....maybe in a couple of years we'll be able to create something like that!!

Cool, i am getting fans here! hehehe Thanks FaithfullyForgotten!

Yeah a festival and all that is maybe a bit much, but the T-shirt idea is awesome, and possible! smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 1 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm gettin all excited now!
IF there ever is a "Gathering of the Guitar Masters (wannabes)" ofc it have to be in Sweden. That way I get of a bit cheaper biggrin.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
spdalton
May 1 2007, 09:26 PM
IF there ever is a "Gathering of the Guitar Masters (wannabes)" ofc it have to be in Sweden

and Sweden is just a generally awesome country anyway.

This post has been edited by spdalton: May 1 2007, 10:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 1 2007, 10:01 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
GMC'ers do need a logo, one they could wear proudly on a shirt or on a tatto even, make it a sticker and slap it on your guitar.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 1 2007, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 1 2007, 05:01 PM) *
GMC'ers do need a logo, one they could wear proudly on a shirt or on a tatto even, make it a sticker and slap it on your guitar.

Any Graphic designers in the house?

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
beebo
May 1 2007, 11:15 PM
Mine would be lucky number 69! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kahall
May 2 2007, 02:35 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm in for a sweetly designed T-shirt if someone comes up with one.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
May 2 2007, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 1 2007, 05:51 PM) *
Any Graphic designers in the house?

It's my second income

Kris could just set something up on cafepress.com or something.

It would be pretty funny to see a guy at a show with a GMC: Burrying All Your Genitals T-shirt.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 2 2007, 01:03 PM
QUOTE (brainlesswonder @ May 2 2007, 06:41 AM) *
It would be pretty funny to see a guy at a show with a GMC: Burrying All Your Genitals T-shirt.

Aaaarrgh! I haven't figured out the genitals joke yet! sad.gif

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
brandon
May 2 2007, 02:10 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 1 2007, 09:11 AM) *
And we need a pass code challenge and response ... something that would pass muster at an ordinary gig ...

"The lead guitar player looks Swedish"
"But he shreds like a Croatian"
"Perhaps he learnt blues in Argentina?"

That ought to do it!

haha man, that's perfect!!! someone should come with a "secret" logo and then put it on a t-shirt with this pass code on the back.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 2 2007, 02:14 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 2 2007, 08:03 AM) *
Aaaarrgh! I haven't figured out the genitals joke yet! sad.gif

Go listen carefully to "Collection of Sins" ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:52 AM