Percussion Problems
Nathan333
Mar 22 2008, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Lately I've been having problems with finding ways of putting percussion in my recordings. I can use metronomes to help me w/ the guitar but they aren't recorded. Also, in the sequencing program I'm using there are quite a few midi drumbeats but I can't hear them. Anyone got any ideas for the midi beats or any other way of getting electronic drumbeats into the mix?

Thanx for your help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 23 2008, 03:40 PM
Instructor
You can use some VST's like EZDrummer. It has a "Coctail" percussion bank and don't think this bank is to expensive on its own too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 26 2008, 07:16 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 23 2008, 03:40 PM) *
You can use some VST's like EZDrummer. It has a "Coctail" percussion bank and don't think this bank is to expensive on its own too.

+1....
I use samples and load them in to Battery....and all the VST drums that I have...but I am only satisfied with layering and combinations of all them together.....

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 12 2008, 10:35 AM
Singing Instructor
and if you worck in Cubase/Nuendo....the drum program that comes with them(LM 7/LM 4)has there own precussion samples...so it my help a bit...

This post has been edited by Nemanja Filipovic: Apr 12 2008, 10:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Apr 12 2008, 12:19 PM
GMC:er
Cheers guys!
I've fuigured out how to use the midi drumbeats now and I soon hope to get fruityloops. Thanx again for your help! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 12 2008, 07:39 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Nathan333 @ Apr 12 2008, 01:19 PM) *
Cheers guys!
I've fuigured out how to use the midi drumbeats now and I soon hope to get fruityloops. Thanx again for your help! smile.gif

great for you man.....
just one thing,try to play little with panning,put your deeper sound percussion near the middle of the sound center,and the high ones to the side,that way you can imitate a bit the real playing..
l

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:49 PM