Intro And Question
Randy024
Feb 23 2020, 04:39 AM
GMC:er
Hey,I'm Randy I just joined and I'm finding my way around the site and program...
I'm 60 yr/old been strumming for many years but just recently took a serious interest in really learning to play.
I like the Blues and Slide guitar...I'm not unfamiliar with the instrument, I have 20+ of them, several I built from scratch, several I rebuilt/rehabbed from disrepair and several nice ones I purchased.

My question (and I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right place) is in the lessons... in "30 Blues Greats" last lick is a Derek Trucks Riff with Slide.... What tuning is that played in? I don't see anything in the notations...Would that mean it's in standard tuning ?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 23 2020, 07:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Randy and welcome to GMC! smile.gif

The last lick from the "30 Blues Greats" lesson it's in standard tuning. Under the tab from lesson, our instructor Chris Harrington wrote few things about Derek Trucks and also mention that he used a standard tuning.

See you around the forum wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 23 2020, 10:20 AM
GMC Founder
Hi Randy - awesome to hear from you!

Monica is correct, Chris used standard tuning in that part even though Derek often uses open tunings.

Can't wait to see some of those axes in action 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2020, 11:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC Randy, looking forward to seeing you around smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2020, 11:31 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC!! smile.gif I"m Todd, one of our instructors here. I run the QUICK LICKS and SHRED BOOTCAMP. Quick licks is a great way to learn some new licks quickly and be recognized with a badge for your effort. Here is a link to the quick licks master thread.
https://bit.ly/quicklickswithtodd

QUOTE (Randy024 @ Feb 22 2020, 11:39 PM) *
Hey,I'm Randy I just joined and I'm finding my way around the site and program...
I'm 60 yr/old been strumming for many years but just recently took a serious interest in really learning to play.
I like the Blues and Slide guitar...I'm not unfamiliar with the instrument, I have 20+ of them, several I built from scratch, several I rebuilt/rehabbed from disrepair and several nice ones I purchased.

My question (and I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right place) is in the lessons... in "30 Blues Greats" last lick is a Derek Trucks Riff with Slide.... What tuning is that played in? I don't see anything in the notations...Would that mean it's in standard tuning ?

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2020, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Randy!! Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:43 PM