New Band?
Jesse
Jan 9 2010, 07:01 PM
GMC:er
I've been looking for a band alot lately and I got a email from this band that needed a new guitarist.
They're older thab me 40 + I believe but they kick ass. I believe they are replacing the old guitarist.

Check m out at.
Highwaygang.nl

check out Muziek section and then for example The Boxer and Chicken Shack.

They play alot of gigs and stuff.

I'm going to e-mail back with a video of my playing since practise is about 1.5 hours away. We will see about that.

Tunes:

http://highwaygang.nl/download.php?ID=1237462585

http://highwaygang.nl/download.php?ID=1237462363

They've told me that age doesn't really matter (only traveling wise) and it's more about musical interest and skill.
I might be able to pull this one off!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 9 2010, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Well, that seems like a good opportunity Jesse! smile.gif Are you up for it? It may be intense at first, until you learn all their repertoire, but after that it will be cool. It's good to play with older people that are experienced, you will learn much more than less experienced people, it's just the way it goes.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 9 2010, 11:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good luck..! If you make it, I'll make sure I will visit one of your gigs when you're around... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 9 2010, 11:33 PM
hah!

Yeah I already learned one tune haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 9 2010, 11:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
Cool Jesse! Go for it! Ivan's right here, You will learn a lot from these guy's.... I wish I had such a band that already exist.... now I had to make my own... *lol* Wish You best luck!!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 10 2010, 12:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
think its an amazing oppurtunity mate, the guitar parts really arent that demanding so you should nail it pretty easy and even bring a bit of your own style to the band too. As Staffy says its so hard to form a band (Take it from me!) that to fallin with like minded musicians is great, it will be great experience for ya too mate!

good luck, let us know how it all goes mate!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 10 2010, 03:07 PM
Good luck Jesse!!!
You won't be able to beat that kind of experience! You'll learn a lot from these guys!!!!
Just enjoy it!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 10 2010, 03:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You should try to get in if you feel up for it! It may be a great opportunity for you since these guys know what they are doing and have lots of gigs! smile.gif Just try to prepare well when you go to audition (meeting) if they arrange one..Its better to learn few songs really well then many but sloppy (you already know this..) - its all about the first impression smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 13 2010, 12:27 AM
Instructor
playing in a band is sooooo different from playing with a record or backing track...nice!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 13 2010, 10:34 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I can really recommend playing with older guys. I mean, I'm 28 and play in a sixties cover band (The Rocking Sixties) and my bandmates are 50+, some even 60+! And it's great fun to play and hang out with them and listen to their stories (" In the seventies I saw a Rolling Stones concert and I only had to pay 5 Euros! What do you have to pay nowadays???" "Well, they put up a much bigger stage these days..." "Humbug!")
And Daniel's right, playing in a band is different. In our last practice session, the guitar of our solo guitarist was out of tune and he was the last one who realized it. And the bass player and I were kind of uncomfortable and checked our own instruments...It was great!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jan 13 2010, 02:44 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 13 2010, 12:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 12 2010, 11:27 PM) *
playing in a band is sooooo different from playing with a record or backing track...nice!

+1

And it's fun of course smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 13 2010, 12:21 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great opportunity!

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 13 2010, 06:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
how did you get on Jesse?

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 13 2010, 06:19 PM
well those tunes need transcribing, hence the topic, HELP TRANSCRIBING:D

Need to know em by saturday for meet and audition

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:52 PM