2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Anyone own or tried it?
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 15 2014, 09:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
My soundcard has just died on me while I'm not even at home or able to buy a new one. I've been looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Anyone tried or own it? Or know if it's any good?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Aug 15 2014, 09:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cael I have a Focusrite, scarlet 2i2! I think there great but in all honesty I'm still learning how to use it and all of the reviews I have read were good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 16 2014, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
VERY spiff interface. Very hard to beat for the money. In it's price range it's one of my fave pieces. A solid buy all around. I'd say go for it smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2014, 04:17 PM) *
My soundcard has just died on me while I'm not even at home or able to buy a new one. I've been looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Anyone tried or own it? Or know if it's any good?

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Aug 16 2014, 05:38 AM
I've been using one for the past few years. Affordable, works well, no problems for most basic uses. Clips the front end a little easily though, would be nice if it had a pad switch. Also doesn't have advanced I/O like S/PDIF, if you need that.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Spock
Aug 16 2014, 09:22 AM
I have the 8i6 and love it. I never caught onto the software mixing panel (I'm allergic to instruction manuals), but just as a plug and play unit to go directly into your recording software - for the money you can't beat it.

I was about to purchase something else at Guitar Center when the salesman convinced me to get the Focusrite instead, and I'm glad I did.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 16 2014, 12:37 PM
Tone Seeker
I bought 2i2 few months ago. Really good device. I have to put "gain02" knob on the lowest setting otherwise it will show red. Maybe because my pu's are so "hot".

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 18 2014, 11:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think this should be a decent interface you can't really go wrong with.
All the interfaces in that price range should offer pretty much the same specs and quality. I was once looking into finding the "best bang for the buck" interface and I couldn't make the decision as they were so similar.

Maybe except for RME Babyface which surfaced but it is in much higher price range.

The one you mentioned is very popular so it should serve you really well smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2014, 07:52 AM
Instructor
I also heard good things about it and if you want an alternative, I can recommend my Lexicon Alpha, which works great and it might even be a little cheaper smile.gif Here it is: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/l...ecording-studio

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 19 2014, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've bought the Scarlett 2i2 now and am quite happy with it! smile.gif Seems better than my old Steinberg CI2 anyway. Thanks for the advice, guys! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2014, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Congrats mate! So finally the old one died! She was jealous that that day that we talked about soundcards at the Vchat. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2014, 07:06 AM
Instructor
Congrats mate smile.gif Let's hear the white beast in action, now that you have means to record - are you working on some lessons in particular?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 20 2014, 12:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 20 2014, 08:06 AM) *
Congrats mate smile.gif Let's hear the white beast in action, now that you have means to record - are you working on some lessons in particular?

I'm working on Muris' Odd Grooves lesson for one... but maaan, I just can't seem to remember it. But then I might be expecting miracles after 3 x 15 minutes of working on it. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2014, 07:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 20 2014, 11:44 AM) *
I'm working on Muris' Odd Grooves lesson for one... but maaan, I just can't seem to remember it. But then I might be expecting miracles after 3 x 15 minutes of working on it. laugh.gif

Haha! I know that one smile.gif Mate, give it time, ok? It's a good memory exercise smile.gif

You should leave the guitar aside for a few minutes and try to hum along with the lesson - can you hum ALL of it in time with the original recording? smile.gif

Start by making a recording alongside with the original and thus - replicate the 'humming' drill, but with your guitar wink.gif

Then you will most likely be able to remember it - but you need to focus on the matter at hand more, using methods like the ones described above, so that you may remember it easily, ok? How does your memorizing process usually work?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 22 2014, 07:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I take back what I said about this being a nice card. I've now had 2 which has stopped working on me... Gonna go in and try and get something else tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 23 2014, 07:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 22 2014, 06:02 PM) *
I take back what I said about this being a nice card. I've now had 2 which has stopped working on me... Gonna go in and try and get something else tomorrow.

Hey mate - I think Todd's comment in this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...&p=694599... is very important and I suggest you check out your computer first, as it doesn't seem right that you crashed 2 soundcards in such a short while. Please see what's up with the PC before spending more money on a new soundcard. Frankly, I neveer heard about any such crash on a Focusrite, but we'll never know till we see what's what with the PC.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 23 2014, 08:49 AM
I agree with COSMIN smile.gif It's not the card. It's your rig! Make sure you have it checked before you fry anymore cards! smile.gif

If it's a desktop you can buy a USB card and stick it in there and bypass the USB on the mother board. If it's a laptop, you can get a PCMCIA adapter and bypass the usb on the mother board. If it has firewire you can get a converter and bypass the usb on the motherboard. See where I"m going with this?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 23 2014, 02:03 AM) *
Hey mate - I think Todd's comment in this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...&p=694599... is very important and I suggest you check out your computer first, as it doesn't seem right that you crashed 2 soundcards in such a short while. Please see what's up with the PC before spending more money on a new soundcard. Frankly, I neveer heard about any such crash on a Focusrite, but we'll never know till we see what's what with the PC.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 23 2014, 08:50 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2014, 10:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 23 2014, 07:49 AM) *
I agree with COSMIN smile.gif It's not the card. It's your rig! Make sure you have it checked before you fry anymore cards! smile.gif

If it's a desktop you can buy a USB card and stick it in there and bypass the USB on the mother board. If it's a laptop, you can get a PCMCIA adapter and bypass the usb on the mother board. If it has firewire you can get a converter and bypass the usb on the motherboard. See where I"m going with this?

Thanks for the suggestion Todd - I also have a USB port that caused some trouble in the past and I avoided using it - I have enough ports in order not to feel it missing. So, tell us Ben - any news regarding this issue?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 24 2014, 10:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I got a new card, didn't take no chances with another Scarlett. And a new USB hub. So all is good now! Got a Presonus card now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2014, 10:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 24 2014, 09:51 AM) *
Yeah, I got a new card, didn't take no chances with another Scarlett. And a new USB hub. So all is good now! Got a Presonus card now.

Best of luck mate! smile.gif Let's see the collab take then biggrin.gif

Is it a lot different from the Scarlett?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 24 2014, 10:59 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 24 2014, 11:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 24 2014, 11:59 AM) *
Best of luck mate! smile.gif Let's see the collab take then biggrin.gif

Is it a lot different from the Scarlett?

It does sound a bit different I feel, but I bet a bit of tweaking could make it sound just as good!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:53 PM