I Won A Gift Certificate And Got Some Free Stuff!
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 3 2021, 05:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
I signed up for a newsletter for a local music store about a week ago, and I knew they were doing a draw each month for a gift certificate of about 1000 dkr (about $165) and Monday I recieved an email saying I was the lucky winner. I never win anything like that and I was a bit sceptical if it was fake, but it turned out to be real smile.gif

They don't have Ibanez guitars, so I couldn't really put the money towards a new guitar, which I'm looking to buy, and in general they don't have THAT many interesting things in the $165 price range, but I got a few things. Free stuff is always nice! smile.gif

Some picks (Ernie Ball Prodigy Mini White), a 25ft XLR cable (so I can make it reach when I set up my DIY vocal booth, instead of running it along the floor), a new strap (for hopefully a new guitar soon!), 4 sets of strings (Ernie Ball 0838, 2x Paradigm sets and a cobalt set), as well as some cleaner and conditioner for the fretboard (I have never tried or used that stuff before).

Here's a picture smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 3 2021, 07:36 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 3 2021, 05:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congrats buddy cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 3 2021, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
Congrats!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 3 2021, 06:10 PM
Damn both cobalt and paradigm were a really nice grab!
Grats!!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 3 2021, 07:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 3 2021, 07:10 PM) *
Damn both cobalt and paradigm were a really nice grab!
Grats!!

I never tried any of them. Are they good? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 3 2021, 11:48 PM
I bought that dunlop 02 a few years ago, still half full smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 3 2021, 11:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 4 2021, 12:01 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2021, 07:29 PM) *
I never tried any of them. Are they good? smile.gif

Haven't tried them on my strat.
But when I used to play my old SG (rest its soul), they sounded a bit more brighter than regular set. Which I liked, mainly because my sg had a very dark tone.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 4 2021, 12:09 AM
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 3 2021, 11:01 PM) *
I used to play my old SG (rest its soul)

What happened to the sg?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 4 2021, 12:19 AM
[quote name='Mertay' date='Mar 4 2021, 12:09 AM' post='785612']
What happened to the sg?

Hit the floor pretty hard. Headstock went to one side, guitar went to other. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 4 2021, 12:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 4 2021, 12:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Had some dumb moments tonight.

I put in the 0942 paradigms, cut the loose ends, tuned up, high e-string then all of a sudden slipped out of the tuning peg. I found another one I had lying around, though a D'addario. I usually use 8's, which I haven't had any problems with, but I had a 9 lying around, so I put that on to match the set. Kept slipping out of the saddle. ARGH! Finally got it to stay, but something is slipping ever so slightly either at the tuning peg or the saddle. It keeps going flatter and flatter.

I'm tempted to take the strings off again and try the cobalts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2021, 06:19 AM
Are you lock nuts locked down? If so, it can't be slipping from the tuning peg. If not, I'd say lock them down. it is odd that a thicker string would slip at the bridge. After locking, unscrew the alan nut all the way out on that string at the bridge and re seat it by screwing it all the way back in. Hopefully that sorts is smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2021, 07:24 PM) *
Had some dumb moments tonight.

I put in the 0942 paradigms, cut the loose ends, tuned up, high e-string then all of a sudden slipped out of the tuning peg. I found another one I had lying around, though a D'addario. I usually use 8's, which I haven't had any problems with, but I had a 9 lying around, so I put that on to match the set. Kept slipping out of the saddle. ARGH! Finally got it to stay, but something is slipping ever so slightly either at the tuning peg or the saddle. It keeps going flatter and flatter.

I'm tempted to take the strings off again and try the cobalts.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 4 2021, 08:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats Ben! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 4 2021, 09:16 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2021, 11:24 PM) *

Interesting, maybe cause of the extra tension the bridge angle increased which may be causing the saddle slipping? as for tuning pegs, maybe cause of different material it needs more winding than you're used to.

But if you feel you'll have to over-tighten thing that might damage the guitar hardware don't do it. You got those for testing anyway so just conclude they don't work for you.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 3 2021, 11:19 PM) *
Hit the floor pretty hard. Headstock went to one side, guitar went to other. mellow.gif

That happened to 2 of my friends with Les Paul's and yeah its a real bummer sad.gif but glue'ing worked better than expected for both cases.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 4 2021, 09:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 9 2021, 03:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 4 2021, 10:16 AM) *
Interesting, maybe cause of the extra tension the bridge angle increased which may be causing the saddle slipping? as for tuning pegs, maybe cause of different material it needs more winding than you're used to.

But if you feel you'll have to over-tighten thing that might damage the guitar hardware don't do it. You got those for testing anyway so just conclude they don't work for you.

It could be the extra tension, yes. I didn't think about this. I think it was in the saddle, but I think I got it working now, however I did have to tighten A LOT and I didn't like this feeling, almost like it was about to break.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 9 2021, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 9 2021, 02:20 PM) *
It could be the extra tension, yes. I didn't think about this. I think it was in the saddle, but I think I got it working now, however I did have to tighten A LOT and I didn't like this feeling, almost like it was about to break.

I replaced my blocks 3-4 years ago, gotoh blocks are very durable (lasted 20 years for me) but start to crack in time specially the on the higher strings. Finding floyd replacement blocks were easier for me than gotoh, but those blocks are smaller. Still works though and wasn't expensive either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 9 2021, 03:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 9 2021, 04:40 PM) *
I replaced my blocks 3-4 years ago, gotoh blocks are very durable (lasted 20 years for me) but start to crack in time specially the on the higher strings. Finding floyd replacement blocks were easier for me than gotoh, but those blocks are smaller. Still works though and wasn't expensive either.

Yeah, I don't think it would be that big of a problem. If it doesn't work now, then I will probably buy some new ones soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2021, 05:36 AM
I had the same feeling switching back to 9s. Felt like I was going to break something, either the sadle or the alan wrench.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 9 2021, 10:20 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:28 PM