More Of My Bands Live Stuff, more ridiculous solos!
AdamB
Mar 18 2015, 06:48 PM
GMC:er
So I make a habit now of recording every gig my covers band does on a Zoom H2N portable recorder, as it helps me listen back and figure out what needs work.

One of the 'features' of the band is that we put in ridiculous shred solos where-ever we can as there's not a lot of bands around that play in this style so it sort of separates us out a bit so that people remember us.

It's not overly musical, and if anyone has heard any of my stuff before it's pretty much more of the same, but thought I'd share one I recorded the other night.

It's pretty much a straight cover of "The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So" up until about 2:20 when it just goes mental.

https://soundcloud.com/adambradleyguitar/or-wot-hate-to-say-i-told-you-so

Let me know what you think!

-Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ben Higgins
Mar 19 2015, 11:08 AM
Instructor
Haha, show them indie boys how it's done ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AdamB
Mar 19 2015, 11:12 AM
Haha yea man. I think my moto is "Shred solos where once there were no shred solos". The more out of place it is the better.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 19 2015, 11:22 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Cool cover Adam, I like this song! smile.gif
Love the drums groove in this one. I think it is a very good idea to insert crazy solos in the songs and improvise. After all, those are live covers and it is way more fun to listen to the band improvise and have fun live. Do you have more recordings or maybe some videos from the gigs?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
AdamB
Mar 19 2015, 05:23 PM
Thanks yea I like doing the improvising thing, makes each gig a bit different, even if I tend to sound quite samey.

I don't have any videos, but there's some other recordings of the band on my soundcloud that I've posted before;
https://soundcloud.com/adambradleyguitar/se...ngs-with-or-wot

-Adam

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:56 PM