Duendezillo Cv
duendezillo
Sep 3 2009, 05:01 PM
Learning Roadie
I'll try to be breif as we don't have very much time now.

Background:

I play since I got my first guitar at the age of 16. I attended some classes in the beginning just to know the basic chords and "1" pentatonic scale form which has been my lonely friend for ages unil I decided to take this thing seriously.
So I get involved in GMC last year for that reason.
I've been playing in several rock bands during the last couple of years with no success.

Styles:

Every time that I take the guitar the 'blues feeling' finds its own way through basic licks and a little bit of distortion. It comes out naturally. I also play blues rock and rock in general.
However, I'm dying for openning myself up to other styles in terms of playing.

Listenings:

I lisen everything. Some things I like better than others. So I try to play the things that I like which is the natural way!
According to styles I'll name just a few classics of my favorite bands/players: (no preferences)

Blues: All classics from country blues to modern. Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Elmore James, the three Kings...
Blues Rock: Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Allman brothers, Grateful dead
Rock: Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Humble Pie, Deep Purple, Guns & Roses, Santana, the Stones...
Country Rock: the Eagles, Flying Burrito Brothers, Willy Nelson
Pop Rock: Red Hot Chilly Peppers
Progressive: Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes, Dream theater
jazz: Wes Montgomery, Jimi Smith, George Benson, Ronny Jordan, Django...
Funk: The Meters, Funkadelic
Soul: Otis Reding, Aretha Franklin

and so on...Eric Johnson, Rory Gallager, SRV, Buckedhead...

(I don't have very much knowledge about metal though. However, I've been listening recent Paul Gilbert albums and I loooove it!!.

Strengths

I huge pasion for music and the guitar as well.

Weaknesses

My self-confidence sometimes.

Objectives

My first objective is to learn in order to improve my skills in guitar playing in general.
I would like to know the scales, the modes and fast Rock licks!!! I wish I could be faster and thread although I don't want to get obsessed with it. I get stunned every time that I see those guys playing like Van Halen!!! that's ok but...
I prefer few notes explaining more than a huge diarrea of half tones. Just a reasonable intermediate with more melodic intention and feeling will do by now.

Duendezillo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 3 2009, 07:23 PM
Instructor
Great stuff Duendezillo. I will make sure to create appropriate lesson plan for you. As soon as they announce official start of MTP with groups, we can get started (same goes for everybody).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:15 AM